Ak48 - DWC - CFL

Thanks for following along man :thanks: Yea the thing that strikes me the most when I open the tent is the size of her. I've never had a plant this large and honestly I didn't expect her to be as big as she is. Very happy she doesnt smell lol but none the less I'm giddy as hell about it so far. I hope the yield is worth all this food she eats. Just like a fat girl lmao :biglaugh:
I would expect each cola to be atleast 2-3 grams so if that's case the yield will be great for me. Im not greedy I just need enough to last until next harvest :allgood:

All good mate,I like following along journals like this :)
Nothing better then being able to look at a big lovely mj plant each day, great feeling, with cfls most of my colas average 3 grams atleast bit variable hear and there though haha
I'd hope so too, any indoor homegrown harvest is worth it in my book though!
Yes leds, those cables are a pain! I've figured I will raise my plants or tie the cable clip to a rope and other end of rope to roof if I have too.
For height, hunter will prob know more, I have seen that if the led hasn't caused any leaf burning or bleaching you can move down and observe each day as you creep the light lower, some growers here drop their leds fairly low on the canopy during flowering now, Bitta food for thought anyways.
Hope its all going good mate, look forward to your next update :thumb:

I did some research on led height and ive seen people go as low as 8" and some as high as 2.5 feet depending on wattage of the light. Mines actually at a good height for heat reasons. Its a pretty warm light and just 2" above the canopy (11" below the light) I start to feel the heat. And thats with the fan blowing right beside the light and over the canopy. Ill leave it where it is for jow but if it starts looking like the cfl side is doing much better ill start moving it closer. I would like to hear HunterNitros opinion tho. :Namaste:

It's 1ft, 1in away. It came with cables to hang it but there non adjustable. Should it be closer?

Sorry i must have missed your question! I have no experience with LED DrewDrop so i dont want to give you measurement advice. From the limited research i have done on LED most recommend 10-14 inches while in flower. I'm sure this is dependent on the wattage as well. You have to see the coverage you are getting from the distance as well. If you need to cover more of the plant you are forced to raise the light up more so you can cover a bigger area. 12 inches should be good if you have the right cover area as long as you dont see any white bleaching. If you do raise the light a inch or so a day as bleaching degrades THC. My LSD girl has mild bleaching on 2 colas directly under my HPS right on their tops but those buds are also the biggest from absorbing the most light!

Edit to add: Also i would recommend some YO-YO hangers for any light application. Since my switch to using them thats all i use now. They are so easy and can adjust in a split second. You will for sure have to move you light at some point even if its only a inch. Most of the cables the LED come with are meant to attach a yoyo hanger to for adjustments.

Im really sorry for the poor upkeep of this journal. My company is moving locations and the work load has me working 14 hour days. I will take pictures tonight and if i can stay awake ill post an update. If not I will as soon as I get another free minute. I hope everything is good with everyone and I cant wait to look through the journals and see how everything is going. Until then, happy growing.:thumb:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom