AK48~Strawberry Cough, Breeding Grow Journal

does perlite lower the ph in your soil?

I bought some big and chunky perlite and heres what it said on the web site "This Big & Chunky Perlite allows for extra aeration and better drainage. Its larger size allows for better anchorage of the root system. The larger surface area holds moisture and nutrient as well. Sterile and neutral pH".

berridizzle- did you get that on the web?

Update.I started to feed my AK48 with tiger bloom,i made sure my medium was nice and wet before aplying the ferts to the soil to prevent root burn.How often should i feed? should i feed heavy feeding wich is 4 teaspoons per gallon?

AK48 Growing 12/12 from seed

flower_box_002.JPG

Main cola starting to show pistils
flower_box_003.JPG

Baby buds, right under the main cola
flower_box_004.JPG

Strawberry Cough-plant has a fruity skunky smell to it
flower_box_006.JPG

3 days in the flower box
flower_box_005.JPG

Great! Looking lush and purdy. I would think that string would be too thin to be safe for the plant. Looks like its cutting into the stalk a bit. I used a cotton rope that I unraveled into the smallest single wrap. I dont believe this will cause much of a problem, if any though.

HHGreenHand-you were right the string was cuttin the main stem,i went ahead and replaced it with a thicker one.thanks for the heads up.

berrydizzle-ill have to check my local store for a meter cuz i think my box is getting hotter with the mylar. as for the seed i kinda lost track but i think its a month and a week old.

Checked the strawberry cough before lights out and its already growing 12 fingered fan leaves.

Those plants are looking good my friend!

About the feeding.. I am feeding my plants on a sched. Mon, Wed, Fri nights 30 minutes before the lights go out. I feed them just enough water on Mondat so that on Wed the top 2-3 inchs are dry but the rest is still moist. The same goes for the Wed and Friday feeding. With that extra day on the weekend, I want the pot to be light and the soil to be dry on Monday. Then I start up again. Seems to work for me. Plants get used to being watered and fed, I've heard that keeping a good sched on this will improve their health and thus your yield, seems logical to me.

thanks Mota, ill have to make a sched pretty soon.

This journal is over, i cant breed because both plants are females.Thanks for tuning in,ill try this again someday.

Also on the topic of feeding, I don't recommend using Tiger Bloom at full strength because it's usually a little too strong. At 1/3 a dose (3 tsp. per gallon) I noticed burning at the tips of the fan leaves. This is as far as I went with this stuff and I kept the regular feedings with it at 1/2 strength (2 tsp. per gallon) for the remainder of my grow.

Back
Top Bottom