AK48~Strawberry Cough, Breeding Grow Journal

MOTAvation

420 Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner
For this journal im going to try to breed for my first time.The strains are obiously AK48 and Blue Mystic from Nirvana think theyll be great match a white strain and a blue strain i think.I`ve planted one of each seed in soil(fox farm~ocean forest) this morning, Should sprout within 3 days or so,Im growing them under 12/12 under my 250w hps,Both seeds are unknown sex so this might not work, might get 2 males or 2 females, hoping for one of each for my project. Going to pollinate the bottom buds so i can get a few seeds and leave the top buds sinsemilla.Now im going to smoke a few bowls relax and try to get cooled down cuz danm its hot,the sun is hitting right on my window and will be till it sets.Ill post some pics as soon as they sprout and show leaves.
:bong::bong:

Re: AK48~BlueMystic,Breeding Grow Journal

Ill just put the male in a diferent box when it starts to flower with a 25w clf or maybe more watts, Then i will collect the pollen in a little altoids box and i was thinking of using a cotton swab to put it on the smaller buds or on selected budsites, I mean i just wana get a couple of seeds say maybe like 10-15 seeds, hope it works out.

I just received my Strawberry Couch seeds from Dutch Passion.Ill be holding off on this grow till i finish this grow journal, or ill probly do it when this ones halfway done.The AK and BM should be popping out tomorrow,ill get pics when they do

The soil ill be sticking with for a while
products_001.JPG

For flowering
products_002.JPG

Update and little bad news on the blue mystic, the ak poped out of the soil just fine but the bm didnt do so well it poped out of the soil little brown a weak it had the first set of leaves bearly coming out, it didnt make it now i cant find my last ak48 seed and blue mystic seeds so i went ahead a planted a strawberry cough seed sience i cant find the blue mystic, theyll come up when i clean my room.I also wanted to try the paper towel method for my next grow but ive never tried it before id appreciate it if someone gave me a quick lesson how to germinate seeds the paper towel/baggie method.Ill post pics of the strawberry cough as soon as it pops out.

OK heres the Ak at day 3
tig_003.JPG

tig_002.JPG

Update and little bad news on the blue mystic, the ak poped out of the soil just fine but the bm didnt do so well it poped out of the soil little brown a weak it had the first set of leaves bearly coming out, it didnt make it now i cant find my last ak48 seed and blue mystic seeds so i went ahead a planted a strawberry cough seed sience i cant find the blue mystic, theyll come up when i clean my room.I also wanted to try the paper towel method for my next grow but ive never tried it before id appreciate it if someone gave me a quick lesson how to germinate seeds the paper towel/baggie method.Ill post pics of the strawberry cough as soon as it pops out.

U just soak down a paper towel and then give it a few good squeezes so it's just damp. Fold the seed into the paper towel like u would fold up a piece of paper. You only have to fold it enough times for it to fit in the bag or whatever u store it in. I use something very similar to a small Tupperware container. It has a rubber seal so it locks the moisture in, this saves on re-wetting the paper towels. Then store your bag in a cool dark place. U should see results on seeds somewhat randomly depending on how many u germinate at once but starting after a day or 2. I've been told to plant as soon as the seed cracks and the white root is just poking out.

I need a lil help.It was my first time trying to germinate a seed the papertowel/baggie method, it did in 3 days the white "root" is around 1 inch long i went ahead and planted it 1in. in the soil with white tip down.Should i plant deeper?

Eh may have been a little too deep. I go for in between 1/2in and an inch, leaning to the 1/2in side. You'll be fine though.

Again should have planted as soon as the tip appeared but not devastating.

Good to know i just removed a little soil from the top and its now about 1/2in the seed is craking open.

Can a mod do me a favor and change the name of my journal, instead of blue mystic can you change it to strawberry cough, anytime you can.

UPDATE...The strawberry couch didnt make it same thing that happend to my blue mystic happend to SC, maybe cuz i put in the soil from seed,Sucks..I have a SC growing 18/6 poped out today,pic waiting aproval im also in the process of germinating 2 SC seeds also going to grow them 18/6. Hoping the AK48 is a male, i want him as the father of my ladies.

OK here are the pics

Strawberry cough at day 1 already showing the first set of leaves
SC_002.JPG

heres a shot from a ways back
SC_001.JPG

they look really healthy man, this making me want to start up a new grow ahaha :allgood:

Thanks GanjaMan, plants seem to be doing good.I failed at germinating the stawberry cough seeds i think i might of put too much water on papertowel.Now i have the 1 ak48 and 1 strawberry cough.Here are the pics from 2 days ago.

Strawberry Cough day 5 growing 18/6
Strawberry-Cats_010.JPG

Strawberry-Cats_009.JPG

AK48 growing 12/12 first pic is blurry
Strawberry-Cats_006.JPG

Strawberry-Cats_007.JPG

Ridiculous...Sad to hear you wasted all that money on seeds. Well ya live and ya learn what can I say?

I failed at germinating the stawberry cough seeds i think i might of put too much water on papertowel.Now i have the 1 ak48 and 1 strawberry cough

Beensmoking, thanks-Ive smoked the AK48 before as for the Strawberry Cough Never have.

berrydizzle, I think it might be true bout the soil and seedlings because the first leaves that come out when you germ, they turned yellow and probabbly dry by tomorow. What strains you plan on breeding?

Stoner Grower, Dont be sad one of them sprouted, and money comes and goes

I think that a good combination^

Update! The AK48 seems to be getting nute burn, ive been flusing it for the past week (twice).Ill take pics as soon as the battery charges, Also picked up some buds swag its pretty fucking good, smells like citrus and if you look under the magnifying30x you see lots of trichomes ill try to get some pics too,some close ups.

Heres ms Strawberry Cough(hopefully) at day 13
new_0051.JPG

Another top view
new_0041.JPG

Side view
new_007.JPG

Back
Top Bottom