Akephalon's First Water Cure

Akephalon

So I harvested my first crop of White Cookies yesterday and put around 3 or so ounces aside to try out a water cure. Here's a picture of two of the four jars just after filling them with water:

m9iN6JGnTxe7MJLC5Hisog.jpg

I'm not sure if there's a ratio of water to weed that I need to keep in mind - I just kinda put weed in the jars until it became somewhat difficult to do so but ensured that the weed already in the jar was somewhat loose.

I had a look at them this morning but they don't seem to have changed much - I'll take pictures of them this evening and post them up.

I find the idea of a water cure quite interesting and hope that the results will tide me over a bit until the rest of the harvest has done drying and curing. I'll definitely include a smoke report as well, but I can't say that it will be much use because my sense of smell is shot on the best of days and I'm not that discerning when it comes to flavour. However, if the results of this cure are what I think they might be, it may end up like smoking in Mexico, which was extremely smooth because of the humidity of the environment. We'll see!

Well, that was certainly interesting.

For starters, this is what the two other jars looked like after 24 hours in the drink. I genuinely can't tell the difference between clean water and the water in these two jars.

I emptied the first jar and the smell was like the ghosts of ten thousand stoners escaping the grave. Not bad, mind you, just very powerful. From what I understand the water cure washes away any extant bad shit with the side effect of washing away the terpenes as well. So the first emptying of the jars brought the first washing away of the smell and the taste.

In case you're worried about the volume in the right jar, I moved a little of the bud in it over to the jar on the left. They're a little more even now.

I'm guessing I'll continue to change the water until it no longer smells. That't oughta be five or so days, I reckon.

Alright, second water change of what I expect to be five!

The water in one of the jars was noticeably more cloudy than one of the others; I didn't get a picture of the other two jars because I'm high.

So yeah.

The jar on the left is quite cloudy - none of the other jars are that bad. At least now I have something to compare the others to.

Third night of what is more likely looking like six or seven, given that three of the jars are now cloudy.

Ah well, better to know that the process is working I suppose.

Pics or it didn't happen!

I attempted to put them in order from cloudy to clear, but I just put a great big pile of sift keif in my vape so clearly things aren't as the should be. Let's just say i'm very appreciative of autocorrect right now.
smokelots.gif

They’ve tricked me once again! Now only one jar is obviously cloudy and the rest have cleared significantly!

It’s the fourth change this evening, so if they’re all clear tomorrow I’ll gave them one more pass before the dry. That’ll make the cure six days long, seven if they don’t clear up tomorrow.

Who sez stoner science isn’t real science?

(Me. I implied in another thread last week.)

Fifth water change!

Everything is beginning to look quite clear now - I'll probably dry everything tomorrow. I don't have a food dehydrator and I'm wary of leaving things to dry on paper towel or cardboard or anything else, so I'ma toss the lot in the oven for an hour or so at 175f/80c. It's been recommended in a number of places and apparently doesn't have the detrimental effects that drying uncured in the stove.

Fifth water change!

Everything is beginning to look quite clear now - I'll probably dry everything tomorrow. I don't have a food dehydrator and I'm wary of leaving things to dry on paper towel or cardboard or anything else, so I'ma toss the lot in the oven for an hour or so at 175f/80c. It's been recommended in a number of places and apparently doesn't have the detrimental effects that drying uncured in the stove.
I've never even heard of water curing wow fuckin cool:thumb:

Smoke report - this shit smokes nice. Massive bong hits and smooth joints. No taste, but I expected that. I will definitely be doing larger water cures in the future.

Makes me look forward to the dry cured shit even more.

Edit: I feel like I just got hit by a tank, but in a good way, y’know? I got me a winner here.

Back
Top Bottom