Akephalon's Soil White Cookies Journal

Akephalon

After four months of waiting I've finally planted my seedlings! I picked up a pack of White Cookies feminized seeds from Crop King in October 2018. Due to an impending vacation, I decided to wait until the end of January to start my grow. I've been germinating five seeds using the paper towel method since January 26th and two of the seeds were ready to plant today, with two more probably ready to plant tomorrow.

I was really concerned about the germination process because Crop King is pretty inflexible in how they want you to germinate the seeds and I'm quite impatient. I was really worried that nothing was going to happen and I was going to be out $60 for the seeds.

One of my five seeds probably isn't going to germinate at all, but that's fine because the law only permits four plants anyway.

I've only taken one picture so far of the two small pots that I planted the seedlings in. I planted them in Pro-Mix premium potting soil and I've got a grow tent set up in my basement using a 900W Mars Hydro LED. I've got the light set to 18 on/6 off and the light is about a foot and a half above the pots at this point.

Ul8JbbaIQmixRm5x2B1yDA.jpgpiexzLNtT92HEZFLakzgIg.jpg

So here we go! This is my first grow, so any tips are welcome.

Time for the first update!

I've got four seedlings planted now, the fourth one was planted this morning and the third on Friday. Three of the seedings have broken soil. The fifth seedling is just finally starting to sprout, but I won't be planting it because of laws.

Probably.

I picked up a thermo-hygrometer yesterday. The temperature in my grow tent is 22 degrees C and the humidity is 15%.

Here's a picture of the little guys!

khwyXJhiRASoETs8XESjTA.jpg

I've also discovered a gardening store that before legalization was for hydroponics but can now drop all pretences and be honest about their clientele. The guy I spoke to yesterday was super helpful.

One question though - How often should I be watering the little seedlings that have been planted?

Small update; all four plants have shed their seeds and are looking good!

A buddy of mine who grows at a whole other level suggested that I pay attention to the humidity, as I’ve been sitting at 15% since I started. I did some reading up and figured it would be best to buy a humidifier.

So I did. The RH is still at 15%, but the vapor is only now coming up so I expect it to increase until the lights shut down tonight at 11.

I’m gonna stick around and see how your grow works out! I’m a new grower on this forum and in general. Only thing I would suggest is bumping up that humidity ! & as far as watering I would suggest to go light on it in the beggining . I would water every 3-4 days for my seedling, but I would mist the plant once daily . I would only water when most of the soil on top was dry.

thought I would stop by I'm growing white cookies as well I'm in the 6th week of flower. best way to determine when to water is when the pot feels light using the lift method that goes for the whole length of the grow. as far as your humidity goes you made the right call getting a humidifier I struggled with that as well at the start of my grow I ended up getting a speed controller for my exhaust fan and turned it down that helped out alot by not allowing the humidity made by the humidifier to be sucked out of the tent right away

It’s been really cold in my neck of the woods. When I went to bed last night the temp in the tent was in the mid 20’s, now it’s 15 degrees C and back to 15% RH. The gals still look good though and the soil hasn’t dried out overnight, so that’s looking better.

I guess that’s just how a winter grow is going to go. It’ll be interesting to see how my next grow goes with warmer weather.

Well, I fought with the temperature all day today because the humidifier was making the room colder in combination with the cold weather making the basement cold.

Did I mention that it’s been as low as -30c here for two weeks?

Anyway, I grabbed a towel and a bucket of hot water. Dunked the towel in the water, looped one end through strapping hanging from the top of the tent, and voila! Higher RH and temperature!

I am truly the coolest guy.

Alright, looks like things have balanced themselves out.

I’ve got the humidifier on a table just to the left of the plants. Temp is much better, as is RH. I’m keeping a jug of water in the tent as well because I think the mist yesterday may have been too cool from using cold tap water.

It’s feeding day!

It’s been two weeks since I planted the first seedlings, so today I mixed up some nutrients and fed the gals. I’m using Green Planet’s 2 Part Dual Fuel kit, as recommended my my local garden shopkeeper. I mixed everything up in a litre of water and hydrated the gals until the pots dripped.

I’m getting some nice growth here, but the runt is taking her sweet time. It probably won’t be long until I get to transplant them, and I’ve got some fabric pots coming in the mail from Amazon today. When I transplant, they’ll be going into Pro-Mix HP Myccorrhizae medium.

I’m having a hard time seeing these being big enough to transplant any time soon, but I’m also horribly impatient and I’ve never grown anything before. I’m having a good time so far though.

Back
Top Bottom