AKGramma Grows Autos: Current

:hmmmm:I wouldn't think you need to keep up with anybody gramma, Sorry to hear there is no one to share with, being alone can be so difficult. I'm not the most talkative or much of a writer but I am here if you would like company.:meditate:
TS if you are still around I don't know if it's a compliment or not but I have a chicken named after you. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So, is the chicken destined for the stew pot, or does he get to tend to his harem till he's too old?

I cleaned up the grow and retired all the ATFxAFG plants that had sprouted outdoors. Their growing tips showed not pistils and with close inspection, I saw what looked like the beginning of male pods.

After that, I cleaned up the Autoberries, trimmed out some lower branches, and spread them out to get as much light as they're going to get with my small unit. The Autoberries are 14 days from switch. I needed to force them to flower after 10 weeks from seed. Nothing was happening, and they had stopped growing new foliage.

After the switch, I got some stretch and the tips began to show pistils.

Closeup of the front-most flower, from the most vigorous (if you can call these itty bitties "vigorous" lady.

Cant force an auto to flower with lights mate. If they do bloom when lights are dropped to 12/12 its purely coincidental or theyre photos. 12/12 light on an auto really hurts the yield too.

Cant force an auto to flower with lights mate. If they do bloom when lights are dropped to 12/12 its purely coincidental or theyre photos. 12/12 light on an auto really hurts the yield too.

This is the first time I have heard this. Sometimes I have had to grow a mixed batch of photos and autos, because I have space for only one grow unit. Everything I have read says that the daylength does not affect autos, as their maturation is genetically programmed.

However, I have had to switch to force autos that were well beyond the time period that they should have started showing. One, I am pretty sure was mislabelled, but this half of my Autoberry seeds did seem to respond very quickly to a drop from 16 to 12 daylight hours. They were just sitting there not growing for a couple weeks past when they were supposed to flower, and the switch appeared to give them the boost to go to flower.

Now, granted, that could have been a coincidence, and these seeds were a couple years old (my last Autoberry grow was in 2017), but I am sure they were not photos, as they were from the same batch I grew out in 2017. Another point I will concede is that this harvest was piss-poor compared to the previous autoberry grow (which I did not switch). But then, this grow didn't do all that well in veg, either. So daylength was not the culprit.

Anyway, good point, Barney86! :Namaste:

So, is the chicken destined for the stew pot, or does he get to tend to his harem till he's too old?
No stew pot, TS is a picked on hen I got a few weeks ago trying to restock due to a varmint getting all but one of my chickens. There is a lot of pecking order going on, Fortunately Gray our survivor chicken is the biggest and dominate hen. No roosters in our flock, I don't like the early crowing.:thumb:

Well, I'm sure it is - but it's not every day I become aware that someone has paid such a high compliment... to a chicken ;).

Autoberry harvest. Really super sticky buds, leaves and stems! Not a large harvest off of 3 skinny plants, but here are the pics. Much better than I expected.

left overs: Leaves and minibuds

The few 1" - 3" colas I got from the three ladies. Hard to see, but these are COVERED with trics!

Approx 54 g + maybe 6 g minibuds = 60 g wet.
I guess after drying and trimming out stems it will be approx 15 g dry.

:yummy:

So, why the poor harvest? I think maybe the soil was worn out after 2 grows, even though I replaced about half each grow from my big mixing bin. That soil got dumped in the yard when I decided to cut way back on this hobby, for reasons already posted. And I only fed this grow three times, the pre-treatment being the first, to rejuvenate the used soil.

The buds will be jarred and cured as usual, and the minibuds jarred and cured for use in edibles. The leaves will be ground for cooking herbs and teas.

Nothing goes to waste at Gramma's house!

When I decide to grow the Harleys, I'll need to start out with new soil. I like the Black Gold indoor plant soil, and I add earthworm castings, 50% perlite, and pretreat with Neem, mixed according to the recipe for spray.

Harvest is mostly dry. I have the buds in a closed container with a hygrometer to see if they are ready to be jarred.

The leaves are ground and ready for storage. I have some space in a mason jar that I keep my ground herbs in. We will "add their distinctiveness to the collective." No need to keep the strain separate, since I'm not looking for any specific effect, just the healing compounds.

I guess it's about time to close this journal out. I'll be lurking, and will probably run into TS , Sweet Sue, and all the others who have followed this humble grow. I thank you all for your kind words, wise advice, and companionship! These have meant more than you know to me. :circle-of-love::thanks:

it is strange how Murphy's Law steps in just when you think you have your shit together. right after I retired this Journal, my daughter decides to go back making edibles. She wants me to start the next batch. :rolleyes:
So, that means I need to decide what to grow, refresh the soil, and sprout some beans.

Once I decide on what to grow, I'll start a new Journal. For her, it's gotta be the most potent I have. This is my stash.

:hmmmm:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

it is strange how Murphy's Law steps in just when you think you have your shit together. right after I retired this Journal, my daughter decides to go back making edibles. She wants me to start the next batch. :rolleyes:
So, that means I need to decide what to grow, refresh the soil, and sprout some beans.

Once I decide on what to grow, I'll start a new Journal. For her, it's gotta be the most potent I have. This is my stash.

:hmmmm:
Late to the show, but that's a great seed stash to choose from...ATF's one of my personal all time faves!

Great journal...Grow on!

Are you still around gramma? :hug:

Just as an observer, Sue. The family quit coming to gramma's house for goodies, so I stopped growing, They prefer the pretty buds from the many shops we have.

It just wasn't worth the cost in electricity and supplies and I dont have the energy for it anymore. I have enough ground cannabis to last years for cooking. :)

I may someday grow out the Harley seeds before they get too old, however.

Good to see your alive and kicking Gramma.

Believe me, they will get tired of buying herbs at them stores.. Stuff gets costy,, and the newness wears off as the pocketbook gets lower every week.. And the edibles they sell here,,, have a max dose which is really low,, and I put as much as possible of buddage as I can fit in the coconut budder....
It's fun to go to a legal store and look around.. Not that I was a patron. But one of my boys wanted to look around acouple times. But I lost alot of the clients when stores opened here... But they found my herbs are actually better than what they get there and are slowly returning........ Not like I'm a big-time seller... But the plants always seem to pay for themself....

Hope life's treating ya good...

Back
Top Bottom