AKGramma Grows Autos: Current

AKgramma

This journal will start with a transition grow: revegging my only Harlequin lady from which I harvested seeds, buds, and powdered leaves, trim and mini buds. When Miss Harley is close to harvest, I will pop a few Jock Horror Auto Fems.

Due to the grow unit being only 3 x 3, the reveg will be the only plant that will fit, by the time I tie her down and FIM till I have a nice canopy of growing tips.

If I decide to train the autos wide and low, I'll have to pop only two, so they have room to spread out.

HARLEQUIN REVEG:

What strain is it? HARLEQUIN

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid: Sativa 75%/ Indica 25%

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? reveg

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soil

If soil... what is in your mix? 60% perlite, 40% indoor potting soil amended over the last couple years with roots, Myko, sand, worm castings, dried fan leaves and a dose of Neem.

If soil... What size pot? 3 gallon tall trash bins (13” tall)

Size of light? (2) MARS 300 LED panels with 3 supplemental pairs of 23W CFL’s in both Daylight and Soft White wavelengths.

Is it air cooled? Yes, fans in the LEDs and one or two other fans as temperatures dictate.

Temp of Room/cab? usually hovers around 80 Deg. F

RH of Room/cab? between 30% and 50% according to season

PH of media or res? Since its soil, the runoff has always been close to 7.0

Any Pests ? no

How often are you watering? At first, as needed,. Later, no more than once a week (or when pots get light weight)

Type and strength of ferts used? until the leaves bush out some: ¼ strength Miracle Grow, seaweed extract, earthworm castings, Epsom Salt., later on, ½ strength. Condition of fan leaves will dictate how often I feed. Normally, no more often than once a month.

What is Harlequin?

Harlequin is a 75/25 sativa-dominant strain renowned for its reliable expression of CBD. A descendant of Colombian Gold, a Nepali indica, and Thai and Swiss landrace strains, you can depend on Harlequin to provide clear-headed, alert sativa effects. Unlike most high-CBD strains, Harlequin almost always develops a CBD:THC ratio of 5:2, making this strain one of the most effective out there for treatment of pain and anxiety, as CBD can counteract THC’s paranoia while amplifying its painkilling properties. Flavors can range from earthy musk to sweet mango, but without a doubt, what draws crowds to Harlequin is its ability to relax without sedation and to relieve without intoxication.

My home-grown seed collection. Only the Autos were store-bought. One jar of rice as a desiccant and one jar of the clementine seeds I gleaned from the fruit. I understand that clementines can be grown indoors.

:yummy:

Nice collection! Im really interested to see how the Harley x Afghani cross does. It will also be cool to see how she reveges. I had issues with mine, but I got real busy right around the same time and neglected her.

Peace :)

Hi akgramma! Looking to sit in on this one. I haven't had the chance to watch a reveg grow out, should be interesting. Very nice collection of home grown seeds as well! Always nice to have on hand.

WELCOME Mouser! You're the first to post in my new journal! :hug:

I only had one success revegging an Arjan's Haze and an AK 47 a couple years ago. I FIMmed the AK 47 twice and tied the branches to a tomato cage. I may have that pic in my gallery. Yeah, here it is!

Hoping Miss Harley will be the second success! :)

Hi akgramma! Looking to sit in on this one. I haven't had the chance to watch a reveg grow out, should be interesting. Very nice collection of home grown seeds as well! Always nice to have on hand.

Welcome, Dick23rk! I hope the reveg works ... for BOTH of us. Many growers in more humid (and warm) climates than we Northerners successfully reveg. Alaska is right down there in the cold-dry range, even indoors most of the year, but esp in winter.

Sweet...I need to borrow that cage of yours it seems :D

I "borrowed" a tomato cage from the vegetable garden, but it was way too big for indoors. I had to cut half of it off to make it fit. The cage is great for any top-heavy ladies, because you can adjust the arms where you need them to keep the canopy sorta level, and support the heavy buds.

Welcome, Dick23rk! I hope the reveg works ... for BOTH of us. Many growers in more humid (and warm) climates than we Northerners successfully reveg. Alaska is right down there in the cold-dry range, even indoors most of the year, but esp in winter.

Yep I hear you there about the cold dry areas, sitting in Saskatchewan, was -40 Celsius this morning with wind. My house is so dry due to the weather and my furnace running. Grow room is at 20% sadly

Yep I hear you there about the cold dry areas, sitting in Saskatchewan, was -40 Celsius this morning with wind. My house is so dry due to the weather and my furnace running. Grow room is at 20% sadly

Isn't -40 the point where Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same? 20% Rh is definitely "cringe worthy"! Do you mist them once in a while? Even if the air RH doesn't rise, the air around the leaves and buds will hold the moisture.

Isn't -40 the point where Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same? 20% Rh is definitely "cringe worthy"! Do you mist them once in a while? Even if the air RH doesn't rise, the air around the leaves and buds will hold the moisture.

Yes it sure is, very cold here right now, supposed to warm back up some next week.

I had thought about spraying then but since switching to 2 600w hps in the flower room I didn't want to chance burning the plants. I suppose I could spray the undersides, even add in some silica additive.

Your seed storage is far superior to my bags in the fridge. :adore:

Gives me ideas though thanks for sharing!

These are beading storage jars, that come in their own storage case. I got mine at Michael's, but any decent craft store should have them.

I'm gonna follow along if that's alright. I'm trying my first reveg right now. It will be interesting to see how long it takes. Good luck with yours!

You should see what green you left start to enlarge in a couple days. Mine are already a teensy bit larger than when I put them back under 16/8. And, since my RH is so low, I am misting them daily.

BTW, lower the lights some to prevent burning the leaves.

Yes it sure is, very cold here right now, supposed to warm back up some next week.

I had thought about spraying then but since switching to 2 600w hps in the flower room I didn't want to chance burning the plants. I suppose I could spray the undersides, even add in some silica additive.

I forgot you were in flower. Maybe just mist the stems and soil.

You should see what green you left start to enlarge in a couple days. Mine are already a teensy bit larger than when I put them back under 16/8. And, since my RH is so low, I am misting them daily.

BTW, lower the lights some to prevent burning the leaves.
Yeah I harvested her on January 11th and she already has 5 or 6 spots with tiny new leaves sprouting out. I was expecting it to take longer for some reason. I was wondering if and when I will need to give some nutes or if there was anything that is better for a reveg?

I forgot you were in flower. Maybe just mist the stems and soil.

Luckily they just got flipped, on day 4. So I still have a chance to do that during the flower stretch before buds form. After that I will spray the lower stalks and soil tops, thanks for the idea!

Yeah I harvested her on January 11th and she already has 5 or 6 spots with tiny new leaves sprouting out. I was expecting it to take longer for some reason. I was wondering if and when I will need to give some nutes or if there was anything that is better for a reveg?

IMO, since the leaves are still small, she's going to feed off what is still in the soil for at least a month. Overdoing the ferts will cause nute lock, and she could shrivel up and die on you, with few leaves to replace those that get nute burn.

Again, just use common sense: let her grow up some before feeding her adult strength nutes. I don't think I fed my reveggies till the bottom leaves started looking hungry.

Remember, she is healing from major surgery! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom