AKGramma's Harlequin Soil Grow Fall 2018

I'm going to let the Admins "move" this to completed. I have to think on the name of my next grow. It will definitely be all Jock Horror Auto females, with two re-vegged ladies, if they survive. I'll have a few beginner tips for growing Autos successfully. :yummy:

A recipe I found for shell removal if you are inclined to eat the extra seeds:

Step-by-Step Instructions
1. Spread out the seeds in a single layer but close together, then cover them with a towel to keep them from skittering away.
2. Proceed to crush the seeds with the rolling pin. Make several passes over the seeds.
3. Pour the seeds into a pot of water and stir to separate the hearts and shells. The shells will float to the top, and the hearts will sink.
4. Skim the shells out of the water. Continue stirring and skimming until all the shells are gone.
5. Pour the water into a strainer/colander in the sink. Examine the seeds for any remaining shells.
6. You can use the seeds right away or spread them out on a towel to dry.

A recipe I found for shell removal if you are inclined to eat the extra seeds:

Step-by-Step Instructions
1. Spread out the seeds in a single layer but close together, then cover them with a towel to keep them from skittering away.
2. Proceed to crush the seeds with the rolling pin. Make several passes over the seeds.
3. Pour the seeds into a pot of water and stir to separate the hearts and shells. The shells will float to the top, and the hearts will sink.
4. Skim the shells out of the water. Continue stirring and skimming until all the shells are gone.
5. Pour the water into a strainer/colander in the sink. Examine the seeds for any remaining shells.
6. You can use the seeds right away or spread them out on a towel to dry.

THANK YOU, OldBear! :green_heart:

Harley seeds are stored, and the buds and trim are in a storage container to adjust the moisture level before I jar them up.

Since I have so many Afghani seeds, and I need the bin for the next grow, I'm terminating Lady Afghani. I DO want to try to reveg Miss Harley, however, just for the experience, and a decent crop of buds. If she comes back, I'll FIM her to as many good branches as I have room for. One big plant in a 3 x 3 grow

She will be my interim grow, before I start the Autos.

I didn't weigh the Harvest, but Miss Harley gave me about 300 seeds and a pint jar full of buds. I am certain more seeds will fall out as they cure.

Looking over my seed collection, I saw that my older seeds darkened up nicely. I guess they continue to mature in cold storage (bottom shelf, fridge). See my collection at the top link in my siggy. :surf:

I didn't realize how strong Harley's buds would smell until I burped them this morning. HOOOOOOEEEEYYYYYY!

This seems to prove one CAN get good buds off a seed harvest! :yummy:

Both Afghani and Harlequin only took up one pint jar each. After a couple days of burping and checking humidity, I put them in the bottom of my fridge for a slow cure. I still have some jars that are dated 2017 in "cold storage". Next time someone needs some bud for brownies, I'll give them the oldest buds first.

My ground "herbs" are stored in jars in a base cabinet. They will cure in the jars, as well. I keep even the mash left over from decanting tinctures, for cooking. A pinch in the omelettes and stews keep some level of cannibus in my body without getting stoned.

Too much, and I go down like a dead dog. Sativas do NOT make me alert, and hybrids.... well it's all the same to me. It's all about how much I use, a pinch or two is OK, but an 1/8 cup in a pot of stew means I'll have some sleepy-time meals for night time..

Back
Top Bottom