AKGramma's Perpetual Grow

I'm waiting on the last two Jock Horror Autos to show trics. The pistils are already shriveled up, but no trics yet. If they don't show in 2 weeks, I figure they will start dropping leaves and dying on the stem, and so, I will terminate them for use as cooking herbs.

Yeah try to stay positive. The Borg is a battle most don't win..... I'd love to see you grow the ATF. I have one now just hoping it's a girl!

Well hope you had a decent weekend. It's weird to wake up and see the sun already up, but can't wait for the endless summer days and some fishing. Take care.

Well I won it, and I'm near you guys -also up north. Where mites definitely can't live in the wild. So they were limited to my house plants, greenhouse, and grow room. So they were contained, with fairly low chances of ever reinfesting if I could only get rid of them.
So yeah, once I found a good systemic pesticide and figured out that I had to treat the greenhouse too- they were gone.
Can't remove your inlaws or your exes with pesticides, but you sure can do it with mites. So take pleasure in life's opportunities and just nuke the little bastards, because unlike with those other two I mentioned, this is one battle that can be won. .

I did have a few months free of mites, and I sprayed at the slightest sign. But all of a sudden, I got invaded. I think they came in on the grandson's clones he gave me a few weeks ago.

And I don't mean just a leaf or two. I'm talking a sheet of webs over each plant and kajillions of itty-bitty black mites tending those webs!

So, back to the War on Mites! I have plenty of neem. The insecticide soap didn't help at all. I think I will follow another grower's strategy (Amy's?) and soak the soil with neem solution, too.

Yeah that's how I got them too. On gift clones. But I've told you my whole spiel about my battles with the mites before.
Would sure like to see you get rid of them. It's weird... how much they suck.

I get almost no email notifications from 420 anymore, so if I don't visit your journals, that is why.

I did EVERYTHING the New Website thread suggested, and it would work for a couple days for my 20+ watched threads, but then the notifications dropped off a lot, every day fewer, none yesterday and two today. I KNOW a whole lot more is being posted.

But I just don't have the time to chase every watched thread through my watched list, and keep toggling off and on the watch-with-email tool. Done this twice and it worked only for a day or two.

So, if you visit MY forum, I'll click on your latest link in your siggy and see what you are up to.:passitleft:

Yeah I saw you in that thread and read about your issues. And maybe you saw me there...
lol. Tempting to go and try and clear my name there but - I know better than to even try at this point.
Well I hope you get it sorted. Somewhere in the complicated chain there is a faulty link - but which one is it?
I'm stuck with using a mobile phone so can't really help you with the pc issues.

And I don't mean just a leaf or two. I'm talking a sheet of webs over each plant and kajillions of itty-bitty black mites tending those webs!

So, back to the War on Mites! I have plenty of neem. The insecticide soap didn't help at all. I think I will follow another grower's strategy (Amy's?) and soak the soil with neem solution, too.
Eeeiew that must’ve been an awful sight to be greeted by! Good call on just ditching them - nursing sick plants along doesn’t sound like fun at all. It must’ve been someone else you read with that technique, I have neem cake meal in my soil as a kind of preventive measure (and I found out later a source of nitrogen - didn’t know that), but I’ve never used the oil.

I’m going to quote parts of your description of that email function that isn’t functioning when I bump it to the top of the list of problems that need sorting. I’m sure they’re working on it already but it’s not solved and goodness knows how many folks are experiencing it, without reporting - at least publicly - and maybe just not bothering with the site out of sheer frustration, and who could blame them!? It’s a very challenging time to be a memeber here (what was the code for that ‘banging my head against the wall’ emoti?)

I’m glad you’re hanging in for now:nomo::thanks:

Tempting to go and try and clear my name there but ....

Well I’ve read that thread more than once (while collecting the ‘issues’) - closely - every post, and there’s no blemish on your name in my book! Think you were quite gracious actually. There’s so much stress over there at times things can escalate pretty fast it seems.

I think the issue AK is having is a really big one and it needs fixing. There’s no telling how many members are dipping out because of it. It’s a pain that we have to be the beta test bunnies - I think what salt said about that is maybe true tho, that a proper beta test process on the site would’ve compromised member security. I’d rather be doing this than having that happen. Tedious as this is. I keep trusting that it’ll get fixed, eventually. But I get that damage to the membership is happening in the meantime - I hope it blows over, gets fixed and people come back.

Good luck battling the Borg AK! Captain Janeway cripples the Borg by introducing a nano-virus... I wonder if that analogy might fit. Feed them something toxic (to them) and spreadable. I look forward to tracking a successful eradication here!

:rollit:

Eeeiew that must’ve been an awful sight to be greeted by! Good call on just ditching them - nursing sick plants along doesn’t sound like fun at all. It must’ve been someone else you read with that technique, I have neem cake meal in my soil as a kind of preventive measure (and I found out later a source of nitrogen - didn’t know that), but I’ve never used the oil.

I’m going to quote parts of your description of that email function that isn’t functioning when I bump it to the top of the list of problems that need sorting. I’m sure they’re working on it already but it’s not solved and goodness knows how many folks are experiencing it, without reporting - at least publicly - and maybe just not bothering with the site out of sheer frustration, and who could blame them!? It’s a very challenging time to be a memeber here (what was the code for that ‘banging my head against the wall’ emoti?)

I’m glad you’re hanging in for now:nomo::thanks:

Well I’ve read that thread more than once (while collecting the ‘issues’) - closely - every post, and there’s no blemish on your name in my book! Think you were quite gracious actually. There’s so much stress over there at times things can escalate pretty fast it seems.

I think the issue AK is having is a really big one and it needs fixing. There’s no telling how many members are dipping out because of it. It’s a pain that we have to be the beta test bunnies - I think what salt said about that is maybe true tho, that a proper beta test process on the site would’ve compromised member security. I’d rather be doing this than having that happen. Tedious as this is. I keep trusting that it’ll get fixed, eventually. But I get that damage to the membership is happening in the meantime - I hope it blows over, gets fixed and people come back.

Good luck battling the Borg AK! Captain Janeway cripples the Borg by introducing a nano-virus... I wonder if that analogy might fit. Feed them something toxic (to them) and spreadable. I look forward to tracking a successful eradication here!

:rollit:
I added the support@420magazine.com to all my allowed lists and my antivirus. maybe that will let more through. If it does, I'll post my solution on the new website thread.

Everything you have under a week or so in flower and over 2 weeks old,,, Get a good spray regiment going. With a good proven product. For mites, I like Azmax myself. And do it faithfully and fully till everything drips totally. I even take my hand and rub it into the tops. But as long as you have untreated plants going, them mites are going to be there lurking.

Hard to get rid of the SOBs when you always have plants going at all stages. Hopefully your at a spot where you can kill them off.

GL and Keepem Green

Everything you have under a week or so in flower and over 2 weeks old,,, Get a good spray regiment going. With a good proven product. For mites, I like Azmax myself. And do it faithfully and fully till everything drips totally. I even take my hand and rub it into the tops. But as long as you have untreated plants going, them mites are going to be there lurking.

Hard to get rid of the SOBs when you always have plants going at all stages. Hopefully your at a spot where you can kill them off.

GL and Keepem Green

I like the neem oil concentrate that you mix with water. When I get serious about eradicating the mites, I soak the plants top to bottom upper and lower, and usually get ti all over my hands and arms, too. I wonder if pouring some of the mixture into the soil helps?

Clean everything walls and all with some bleach water. Or pinesol. It EXTREMELY hard to get rid of them if you have plants you try to save and not spray. I've used straight neem but I like the azamax. It doesn't leave as heavy a coating and is easier on your plants. But if you can spray everything, it's alot easier. I spray, wait for 2 days, spray again and wait 3 days and spray. That works for me. And spray everything when you start flowering them just to be sure. I like to spray everything the day I start flowering with Green Cleaner from Old Stage,, works for both mites and PM.

GL and Keepem Green

Finally starting to see trics - just barely - on my Jock Horror Autos, 74 days from seed. The pistils are completely shriveled up, which on other strains also mirrors what is happening with the trics. But not so with the JH's.

I suppose I need to feed some molasses and Earth Bloom to encourage more trics?

High AK

I’m popping in with a question for you. I’m pretty sure it’s you who does a lot of freezing of your fresh herb for use later in food and/oil making. Can you tell me about what you do to freeze please? Like, do I need to separate sections of plant from one another, how much can i squash them in etc.? I’m about to harvest a lot more off a CBD bush than i’d anticipated (no complaints there!) and think I’m going to have to freeze some - I’m also thinking to freeze a lot of leaf from all the plants for future juicing.

Thanks for any helpful tips you can share!

:Namaste:

High AK

I’m popping in with a question for you. I’m pretty sure it’s you who does a lot of freezing of your fresh herb for use later in food and/oil making. Can you tell me about what you do to freeze please? Like, do I need to separate sections of plant from one another, how much can i squash them in etc.? I’m about to harvest a lot more off a CBD bush than i’d anticipated (no complaints there!) and think I’m going to have to freeze some - I’m also thinking to freeze a lot of leaf from all the plants for future juicing.

Thanks for any helpful tips you can share!

Actually. that is SweetSue who freezes fresh cannabis. I freeze the finished capsules so they dont mould. You need to PM her on that, as I dont see the link to her dosing forum anymore.

Picture time!!!!!

Here are the wet weights of two Jock Horror Auto buds. The buds measured around 1/2 inch, with a few 1" colas, which will dry down to individual florets.

At a total of 110.67 grams, I expect the dry weight to be around 28 grams (1 oz) for the two plants.

This crop dried to 28.65 grams. So my estimate was very close! 25.89% of wet weight.

The buds, of course, are half the size they were, and about the right consistency for smoking in a bong. Jarred with two Boveda 62's. All single buds, no close, firm colas.

This must be a sativa trait, maybe? Or is it just quantity over good looks?

Hi AK
Thanks for clearing me up on that freezing thing. It was something I read months ago and just had it in my head (incorrectly) the whole time that it was you! I’ll chase up Sue on it.

I want to ask too, on behalf of 420Rob - are you noticing any improvement/ fix on the email notifications. There’s work been going on that they’re told could be sorting that issue out, so he’s seeking feedback on it. Is it any better?

Hi AK
Thanks for clearing me up on that freezing thing. It was something I read months ago and just had it in my head (incorrectly) the whole time that it was you! I’ll chase up Sue on it.

I want to ask too, on behalf of 420Rob - are you noticing any improvement/ fix on the email notifications. There’s work been going on that they’re told could be sorting that issue out, so he’s seeking feedback on it. Is it any better?

nope. the two or three threads I get notifications from are spotty at best. And now, I dont see the option on the Following list to watch with emails anymore. With about 20 journals I'm following, this site is not very user friendly. :-(

Back
Top Bottom