AKGramma's Perpetual Grow

I got 56g wet off my two 30" tall AKDC47's. They were not sensimilla. Must have gotten some ATF pollen on them. So the seeds added weight, which I wont be able to weigh until they dry and fall off the buds. My guess is that I will get 14 g dry plus seeds.

The buds and colas were olive green, heavy, sticky and full. If I can get one of this strain to grow into a decent-sized Mother, I might be able to grow two full grows, one after the other, in one year, one 3 fit diameter Lady each grow.

The AKDC47 seeds broke ground on April 24th. I let them veg just 2 months, then switched to 12/12. They matured 45 days later. :nomo: Don't have a waiting smiley, so this will have to do.

The ATF's are really putting out new pistils. She has always been a slow starter, but the pollination obviously took, because the seeds are starting to split their calyxes. But she is not done at all, judging from the newly-emerged pistils. I may have to pluck the seeds off to let her produce more buds. She is healthy and keeping all her leaves.

The Afghani, however, is pretty much done The pistils are all shriveled up, and I don't see any new pistils. Just waiting for the seeds to mature.

So, just the two ladies left in the grow, and then a break. I'll still lurk around your journals, until I'm ready to pick the strain for my single, large plant. Probably will be either one of my older strains or my own AKCD47, which required support even at 30 inches.
:nomo:

Looking forward to one of your crosses being grown now.

The AKDC47 WAS one of my crosses. The grow before this one included a breeding between an AK47xDurban Poison mother and a White Castle male. I am very pleased with the vigor of this cross.

The crosses in this grow were in-strain, in order to increase my stock of seeds. So the Afghani seeds are Afghani, and the ATF seeds are ATF.

Only the AKDC47 got dusted with some ATF pollen, so those will be popped sometime in the future to see what the hell I get. "OOPSIE" might be a good name for these seeds. :laugh:

Haha - sometimes OOOPSIEs can have the best results! I love a happy accident, so predict that the AKDC47xATF will be awesome :cool:

Nice image I have now of rioeneibg seeds bursting out of their calyxes. Do they pop out and drop on their own if you let them go? You need a tray or something underneath to catch em all! So much fun. I’m looking forward to finding something I like enough to try making my own seeds with! There’s a lot of classic strains I need to sample first before I get there though. Up until this time last year I knew about the sativa and indica thing and that’s it. I’ve been in heaven on this forum learning about the cannabis universe!

It so cool you’re about to have your own home made seed stash. :slide:

Haha - sometimes OOOPSIEs can have the best results! I love a happy accident, so predict that the AKDC47xATF will be awesome :cool:

Nice image I have now of rioeneibg seeds bursting out of their calyxes. Do they pop out and drop on their own if you let them go? You need a tray or something underneath to catch em all! So much fun. I’m looking forward to finding something I like enough to try making my own seeds with! There’s a lot of classic strains I need to sample first before I get there though. Up until this time last year I knew about the sativa and indica thing and that’s it. I’ve been in heaven on this forum learning about the cannabis universe!

It so cool you’re about to have your own home made seed stash. :slide:

The seeds pop out when the calyxes are dry. By then you should have your buds clipped off, and any seeds left on the stems to mature. You might want to create a collar with a paper plate to catch them, if you let them go that long.

This is the first time I have had a seeded mother (AKDC47) get to this point with most of her leaves and still sprouting pistils (a second wind, perhaps?). I know the seeds are ready when the calyxes split, even when still green. The White Castle father seemed to contribute a thicker stem and much more stamina, including better immunity to mites. Or maybe the right combination of mother's genes did that. I Lucked out with a good phenotype.

I am sure this is old hat to TheMadDabber!

It's no wonder my AKDC47 buds were so fat. They are all seeds! (X ATF). I got 30 good seeds out of just ONE thumbnail-sized bud! I'm estimating 600 seeds from these two plants. Not much left except bits and pieces for herbal use.
:rofl:

Luckily I have a lot more AKDC 47 seeds to grow sensimilla.

:eek: Sounds like you might do another run soon after this one after all, for some sinse! :green_heart:

I might.

Today, I did some research in how to cross an auto mother with a photo father, then breed the F1 offspring that exhibit the auto characteristics for an F2, then breed the F2's with auto characteristics to get a batch of mostly auto seeds for the F3 generation. Since Afghani is already an ancestor of the mother, a crossing will add more of the vigour, bug resistance, and short flowering time to the Auto Mother's genetics.

I got fascinated by the process, and might be able to do this on a small scale. The idea is to produce enough seeds that I don't have to buy any at $8 to $10 each.

So much for taking a break! LOL! As long as I'm not expecting any buds, and can keep the mites at bay, I'm good to keep growing.. Playing around with auto genetics, I can use just one grow unit.

It should be easy to tell the auto offspring from the non-auto. The autos will grow much faster.

Something to think about......:nomo:

I do have an accidental cross of mystery sativa with an Autoberry mother. These seeds = F1. I can grow these out and breed the two most auto-like offspring, etc. I'm not looking for stable genetics, just to strengthen the recessive auto genes from the Ruderalis ancestor. I don't have very many of these seeds, and they are over 2 years old. Might as well use them up on this experiment.

Flowering day 53: Still waiting for the seed pods to split on the ATF and Afghani ladies. I took the seeds (a crazy, unplanned cross) too early on the AKDC 47,, and only got a few mature (brown) seeds and a million pale green ones.

That is OK, however, because I already have more than enough seeds from my AKDC47 strain. I think I read that immature seeds can be ground up and used to season cooking.

The last two ladies showed the beginnings of mite webs, so they got sprayed with neem. I don't have to worry about spoiling any buds, cause it's all seeds.

I harvested a few mature seeds from the Afghani, but left the others to plump up more. THIS time, I got a good bunch of spotted brown seeds!

The ATF seeds are maturing quite slowly, but the ATF female has always been slow. I'll have to be patient. I dont want lots of immature seeds.

popcorn.gif

I harvested the rest of the Afghani seeds today. There seems to be enough green on the plant to try to reveg her. Any suggestions as to:

1) light schedule
2) feeding
3) anything else I ought to know?

1) light schedule

24/0 for a week or so, then drop to your usual vegetative lighting schedule. A gradual drop in light-hours is probably better, so as not to throw out any false signals (so to speak).

2) feeding

It's going to require some (more) nitrogen. By ratio, I mean. Your plant has effectively gone from something large to something much smaller, so it won't need massive amounts of... anything.

3) anything else I ought to know?

Some people will trim the roots back (or, if growing in soil, trim the "roots + soil" unit back all around and on the bottom, then use fresh soil to fill in the space this produces) to sort of match the state of existence above.

Oh, and "Success Not Guaranteed." Sometimes it just doesn't work (although there's no real ultimate reason why it shouldn't).

By the way, I am glad that you are still posting here. Was afraid, earlier in the year, that we were about to lose your company.

TY, TS, for the tips. I wont be able to change the lighting from 12/12 until I harvest the ATF seeds. I only have one unit now.

As for disappearing off 420. Not completely, as I'll still visit journals and offer my 2 cents worth. I don't know how long I will leave the grow empty. Depends on how much I miss it, as winter sets in. With the coming of the rainy season, there isn't any reason for me to do anything in the yard. First permanent snow is between October 5th and October 25th. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom