Akisunni Indoor Cold & Hot Grow Zones

Get every nook and cranny aki. Wipe the buggers out. Send their energy back into the earth.

Your plants just exploded with growth! It's good you have that stealthy space in the yard. Does the wife grow cherry tomatoes? I'm considering trying a plant this year on the balcony with my soil mix. I'll be mixing up a batch for the strawberries that seeded themselves too. That will likely be all I can manage this year. Next year I anticipate Dale will be stronger and can help me so we can try other veggies.

I need to make myself go to bed now. Not a fan of living alone. I'm glad I stopped here before turning in. :love:

...Does the wife grow cherry tomatoes? I'm considering trying a plant this year on the balcony with my soil mix. I'll be mixing up a batch for the strawberries that seeded themselves too. That will likely be all I can manage this year. Next year I anticipate Dale will be stronger and can help me so we can try other veggies.

Hi, yes, I believe 1-2 of those rows are cherry tomatoes. We love our Tomatoes and Cucumbers. I planted the first cuc's this weekend, and pulled their dome today. Its averaging mid 70's currently, so the soil is warming up and seeds planted prier are exploding with growth currently. I absolutely love a fresh spring garden that is growing on its own terms.

Aki, looking good buddy! Growing like weeds!

Thank's for the kind words...

I am giving them bursts of CO2, from a keg system I have. They seem to like it. I am going to let them grow until they appear to be damaging themselves from the heat of the CFL lamps. At that point, they go outside. I am hoping to get as many lateral inches of growth as I can, let alone upward, before they are done inside.

I have their clones in a small 2 cubic ft space with 18 watts of 2700 and 34 watts of 6000 on them. I cut each clone at 45 degree, and then instantly put the cut end into a bowl of fresh water. I took them from the bowl and pushed the freshly sliced end into fresh Aloe Vera, I then take it out and dip it into cloning powder, and then back to the Aloe Vera plant. I then put them into a wet organic moss soaked in fresh water. Hopefully they will take.

Aki

You don't mess around do you? You're bound and determined. "I dare you not to root!" :rofl:

You don't mess around do you? You're bound and determined. "I dare you not to root!" :rofl:

I am actually a little worried, ok read a little more then little... that these cuts were to young. Basically I am taking clones from what was a clone 3 weeks ago. The cuts I made where to the bottom runners, but none of these were substantial. The girls are growing nicely,

They might run out of grow space before the end of Febuary, if so, I will visit the dispensary again and get some more. While I like to make my own clones, if their grow this fast in 3 weeks and can give me clones of my own, why not.

Girls13.jpg

Update

Ms Cherry is fully harvested today. I have been test vaping her for the last week, while I let the buds dry out on the vine. That is, I didn't water her for the last week. The smell from her buds is absolutely amazing. While she was/is infested and the garage needs a full decontamination, I am extremely happy with the product she produces, and I will be buying a new Cherry Bomb clone with intention of using C.S, and generating some feminized seeds for future grows.

She was the last of the original 3+1 clones purchased in 2014. Its been an amazing learning experience. I have made so many mistakes and have been lucky to produce actual oz of self medicine.

I am going to close this grow now. The original plants are harvested, the 2015 clone purchases are now outside. I have 4 small indoor clones of the new clones, but I doubt any of them make it. One has died, two are fading, and oddly the smallest one is happiest but fading too. go figure

Lessons learned there. Make sure the lower limb you take for clones, has enough structure to handle the transition to plant from stem. Jerry the door girl was on the edge of too small herself. In the future, I will remember to take larger clones.

Decontamination

I will be fogging my garage twice, first to start the process and then after I am finished cleaning everything and its sat for a week or so again for a second time. However, First I have to remember to kill the pilot light to the hot water heater. I dont want to blow up the garage.

After fogging, I will be spraying a Vinegar and Lemon concentrate and washing everything by hand. In the case of the 36/12 space, I will also be closing off the bottom vents, and flooding it with a metric ton CO2 (ok, just a little hyperbole) and leaving it that way to soak for a few days.

I will be disassembling the original 12/12 grow space, and moving its 2700 bulbs back to inventory. I plan on replacing this space with a new deep freezer for my next indoor grow space.

Which is my way of saying, this has been fun and now its done, look for a future new indoor grow with CFLs vs LEDs and CO2 boosting via automation, some time in March to April.

This was a fun journal aki. Don't blow up the garage. It won't be as much fun as it sounds like it might be. The neighbors might not understand. :laughtwo::green_heart:

I remember saying that mites will hide , overwintering in cracks ect ,1 thing I still can't see is an exhaust fan , it will help so much , must talk about the control system maybe I could pm you ?
Always isolated any clones u buy and give them a neem spray .it's worth investing in fresh clean soil and perlite , moss is a haven for bugs . Best of luck my friend.;-)))

Susat66,

By all means DM me, I am always open to chatting about ideas. I have shut down the indoor space for the season. It wont return as is. My new plans include a sealed CO2 deep freezer with active cooling turned on and off remotely to maintain temps, using LED grow lights.

My CLS are retired for now.

Best,

Aki

What's up Aki. I think I just fried my Data Logging shield trying to push out the RTC battery with a micro screw driver. At any rate, I was thinking of discontinuing it anyway because of all the conflicts regarding ethernet CS & SS. I'm actually thinking to get a chronodot (more accurate RTC) and just breadboard it in. Do you have any feedback on this? I want to get the beginning stage of my project complete so I'm looking to only use the mega, ethernet shield for the micro SD, a single DHT sensor and my 8 channel relay. Once that's working, I will look into adding networking through the eth shield. I just want to start simple and add functionality as I learn more in code. Any input?

What's up Aki. I think I just fried my Data Logging shield trying to push out the RTC battery with a micro screw driver. At any rate, I was thinking of discontinuing it anyway because of all the conflicts regarding ethernet CS & SS. I'm actually thinking to get a chronodot (more accurate RTC) and just breadboard it in. Do you have any feedback on this? I want to get the beginning stage of my project complete so I'm looking to only use the mega, ethernet shield for the micro SD, a single DHT sensor and my 8 channel relay. Once that's working, I will look into adding networking through the eth shield. I just want to start simple and add functionality as I learn more in code. Any input?

I can probably help here, if a I get a bit of time to think. I reached the stage where I dont use stackable shields, and can wire in any unit to mega using the sensor shield and the contact points with wires. It gives you the capacity to get around some of the SS10 stuff.

I can probably help here, if a I get a bit of time to think. I reached the stage where I dont use stackable shields, and can wire in any unit to mega using the sensor shield and the contact points with wires. It gives you the capacity to get around some of the SS10 stuff.

Funny you mention that, I was actually considering saving up for an EtherMega, but I'm definitely going to get the chronodot and just breadboard it to the Ethernet shield for now. Hopefully I don't fry anything else. You take as much time as you need. When all other aspects of life are dealt with, then we can get back into the forums and help as we each can.

Funny you mention that, I was actually considering saving up for an EtherMega, but I'm definitely going to get the chronodot and just breadboard it to the Ethernet shield for now. Hopefully I don't fry anything else. You take as much time as you need. When all other aspects of life are dealt with, then we can get back into the forums and help as we each can.

My solution set, at last sit down and new build... used $1.50 ethernet connections, $2.00 RTC, $8.00 gps, $1.50 SD, $2.50 relays? each attached to mega via the sensor shield. The costs drops to nothing per new unique. You can put them on any wiring sequence. I started to give each its own big block of addresses on the mega.

hey man plants keep looking better and better. it stinks that you have to deal with bugs, but you know it goes.

I have decided to get some clones, and fire up the indoor deep freezer space again for some plant vegging before putting out the next plants for Summer grow. So, expect some photos here soon of a new group of girls.

Also, I have made friends with some Genetic growers. They were excited to hear about my seed bank and have sent me some of their seeds to grow at my end. Once they have some of mine growing, there will be some new flavors rolling out of SoCal with some 80's Humboldt original flavors in them.

I will be updating on those new seeds, and the crosses with old flavors here soon too.

Aki

just fired up the old indoor grow space. Its on again, hopefully the plants can get a month plus in of CO2 soaking.... I am putting the two new commercially grown seed plants of unknown sex and what I am calling sweet sue for now, it is an old 80's generate seed. If its a boy, I guess its a Dale model.

I will post some pictures here of the kids once I get them moved in.

New Three Seeds Grow:

Grow Space: Converted Standup Deep Freezer in my garage
Lighting: CFL: 300+ Real watts, with 210 watts of 5500 & 120 watts of 6500
Plants:
1 x NYC Diesel
1 X Blackberry Kush
1 X Olde 80's Seed Bank seed named "Sweet80sSue"*

* to hopefully parent a future line of plants with this name. or a variation on that, if anyone has a better way to rhyme the strain name.

I will be sharing this strain with the genetics company so they can use Sweet80'sSue with their cookie based strain currently. Sweet cookies... They are reporting tests as high as 29% or better on some tests, so it will be interesting to see what they do with old school genetics.

I have pumped in a bunch of CO2 and am leaving the lights on 24/24 currently. All three plants will be transplanted tomorrow, and I will post some pictures of their setup then.

Makes me giggle with glee aki. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom