Akisunni Outdoor NorCal Winter/Spring 2015 Grow

I was wondering when I could put some outside as well.. My Veg Tent is overloaded and I produced too many clones, and I was wondering if I could place them outside now and they would continue to veg..

If you put them outside now, they will start flowering in 3 weeks or so from now. They wont grow much from the point they are now, outside of the natural end process. Basically, the longer you veg, the bigger the plant, the bigger the harvest. However, you can trick the plant, as I understand it, into thinking its still daylight after the outdoor sun has set.

Basically, put your plants outside, put something like this
LE Solar Lights, LED Motion Sensor Light, Waterproof, High Output 60 LED, Solar Security Light, Wall Lights, Solar Rechargeable Floodlight, Solar PIR Light
above them, pointed down at them. You can trick the outdoor plants into thinking its still day time, and not go into flower cycle during late winter.

I am pondering this solution, but have not deployed it yet.

Aki

argh..... I don't have any money for any lights atm... dang... argh... I am just out of room, I stuck another Plat Bubba in my flower tent last night to try to free up some room, as I have an Abusive OG mother I want to clone soon... ahhhhhhhhh.... I need a warehouse, and a few acres... and someone to take like 10 plants off my hands lol...

argh..... I don't have any money for any lights atm... dang... argh... I am just out of room, I stuck another Plat Bubba in my flower tent last night to try to free up some room, as I have an Abusive OG mother I want to clone soon... ahhhhhhhhh.... I need a warehouse, and a few acres... and someone to take like 10 plants off my hands lol...

You and me both, I am pondering renting a family farm spot in the Delta and growing the family RXs in a place that allows more volume than my neighborhood grow does. The reason I am aware of the LED solar light trick, is I am looking into the prospects of using the Sun to do my primary Veg and my Flowering for the ability to grow 4 x grow seasons Year around. The only time I have cold weather here is the Month of Dec. I can take clones in Nov, grow them indoors in Dec and early Jan, and get in a Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall season here by having clones ready to roll out as needed.

My idea is to clone indoors and move healthy bushy clones outdoors with LED lights to finish their Veg transition to Flowers. Basically 1 -2 months from Clones to Vegging plant indoors, 1-2 months Vegging outdoors, then flowers... 4 of the 5-6 months of growing per plant life cycle can be handled primary by sun power.

Do you have your tent in a garage? If so, pull plants outside the tent, put them in the open space around your grow tent, and just leave a CFL on in the room. If you chop back the lumens for Veg, but leave them exposed to 5500-6500 cfls, you can slow down their development rate until you can put them outside or back into the tent.

The LED spotlight I pasted the description from is about $30 in total, it never needs to be plugged into any electricity source, so you can place your plants anywhere in your backyard and still veg them. However, until you can afford the extra costs, look to place your spare plants into an area where you can leave a CFL light on 24/7 for now.

Aki

You and me both, I am pondering renting a family farm spot in the Delta and growing the family RXs in a place that allows more volume than my neighborhood grow does. The reason I am aware of the LED solar light trick, is I am looking into the prospects of using the Sun to do my primary Veg and my Flowering for the ability to grow 4 x grow seasons Year around. The only time I have cold weather here is the Month of Dec. I can take clones in Nov, grow them indoors in Dec and early Jan, and get in a Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall season here by having clones ready to roll out as needed.

My idea is to clone indoors and move healthy bushy clones outdoors with LED lights to finish their Veg transition to Flowers. Basically 1 -2 months from Clones to Vegging plant indoors, 1-2 months Vegging outdoors, then flowers... 4 of the 5-6 months of growing per plant life cycle can be handled primary by sun power.

Do you have your tent in a garage? If so, pull plants outside the tent, put them in the open space around your grow tent, and just leave a CFL on in the room. If you chop back the lumens for Veg, but leave them exposed to 5500-6500 cfls, you can slow down their development rate until you can put them outside or back into the tent.

The LED spotlight I pasted the description from is about $30 in total, it never needs to be plugged into any electricity source, so you can place your plants anywhere in your backyard and still veg them. However, until you can afford the extra costs, look to place your spare plants into an area where you can leave a CFL light on 24/7 for now.

Aki

I like all of that, and you are thinking what I was thinking.. I want to keep my veg tent and clones going and then I want to be placing nice healthy 2-3+ month old plants outside and let them rip.... While keeping my flower tent maybe on the small side with just one light running and one or 2 plants instead of 6...

Lets get on Zillow and look at some land.. I just need to be close to the sierra's.. one of my favorite ranges in the world hehe... that's what I want to do, ESCAPE LA! I facking hate it here!!
oh pic of the veggie tent with FOOT!
20150216_094019.jpg

bro I almost fell trying to take that pic lol... I should show actual toes, but they have all been broken in racing and my big toe on that foot is all black under the nail as that is the one toe-nail that hasn't come off hehehe.. Looks like a custom paint job on it... and none of my toes are even straight lol..

Out Door Grow Update:

Jerry the Door Girl

Is doing great. I removed her dome and gave it a good rinsing, hopefully its not going to infect the Twins across the yard after two weeks. We will find out the half life of the pollen from Mr Baggy I guess.

IMG_32978.JPG
IMG_32955.JPG
IMG_32947.JPG

Twin Starting to Flower
IMG_33063.JPG
IMG_33057.JPG
IMG_33046.JPG
IMG_33034.JPG
IMG_33027.JPG
IMG_33019.JPG
IMG_33007.JPG
IMG_32999.JPG
IMG_32986.JPG

Oooo aki, the twins are going to be monsters. So much room for roots. Gosh, I wish I had the option to grow outdoors. What I could do with this soil and the energy directly from the sun. (sigh)

You have foggy and we have sub-freezing. Weird winter.

Mid 70's during the days, mid to low 40's at night, lifes rough...lol.

I tell ya, its brutal here... cough cough... :volcano-smiley: I cant complain too much, we can leave our door to the backyard open all night and let the dogs come and go on demand. House stays around 60 even with door open.

Small Update:

The three indoor clones are growing so fast, I may have to move them outside this weekend to keep them from damaging themselves. They are a Blue Dream, Skywalker and a Mendo Purple. The Blue Dream is about 30 inches tall from the soil level already. Growing about an inch per day currently.

Please join me Aki,

I'm starting my first journal and hope that you and your followers can find some time to check it out. I would enjoy the insight, advice, and conversation with the knowledgeable people around here. Link is in my sig, thanks!

Outdoor Update

Hey guys, big update photos wise. The indoor girls in the old 36/12 space have been moved outside today. I am honestly shocked with how much these three plants have grown in the last month. The blue dream is now 35 inches tall, from her original 10-12 inches. The other two only doubled in size reaching 25ish inches tall.

I have moved the girls into a cluster near the twins. We now have twin Stinky Pinks, a Blue Dream, A Mendu Purple and a Skywalker. These will be the last of the spring clones. I am going to start decontaminating the indoor space tomorrow.

IMG_33637.JPG
IMG_33627.JPG
IMG_335410.JPG
IMG_33558.JPG
IMG_33478.JPG
IMG_33509.JPG
IMG_334914.JPG
IMG_33489.JPG
IMG_33363.JPG
IMG_33377.JPG
IMG_33386.JPG
IMG_33397.JPG

Ms Jerry the Former Door Girl

Its amazing how spicy and dark brown she is compared to her Mom, who was a warm bubble gum type of smell.

IMG_33618.JPG
IMG_33567.JPG
IMG_33588.JPG
IMG_33579.JPG

Baby Clones of above plants

Don't appear to be making it. I believe I took twigs to small and from a plant that was a clone itself too soon ago. The 4 clones are alive, but two weeks later they are not growing any signs of roots and are starting to fade yellow on the bottom leaves. oh well, Its not like it cost much to try to generate them.

I will check out the clones at the dispensary this coming weekend and see if there are any new flavors I want to add the collection currently. I might pick a new clone and grow it into a large indoor mother plant for my office.

I have pretty much used up 1 of my 2 RXs for plants currently, with the 6 outdoor plants. However I am growing for one of my adult daughters so have her RX to get started for Summer planting next.

You're just addicted to growing aki. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Guilty as charged: I have planted some corn growing under those clear domes, (2 inches tall now) out of this camera shot. This weekend I will plant some tomatoes under the domes too. We are now 70 and 40's and it will only get warmer on average from here. So I can start to roll out the seedlings I have growing in the old 36/12 space... Plants dont mind a CO2 soaking, bugs do...

Short update, pictures to follow in tonights update:

Over all, the Plants are doing great. The new clones are growing leaves everywhere. The twins are growing extremely slowly. While they are in flower mode, its kind of hard to tell. Jerry is hopefully growing lots of little seeds.

Speaking of seeds, we have 1 of the old 80's growing. Unknown type and sex obviously, but we may have some good old fashioned genetics available soon.

Looking good, I'm not sure if you have some PM issues, also a bit of training and definitely some topping will increase ur harvest. The solar power system sounds expensive to do all u want , maybe over ur side things are much cheaper. Keep all dead material off and do a 5 day bug check, so u can immediately recognise the start of an attack. Will be watching with pleasure hope you succeed in every aspect of your grow. Atb

Back
Top Bottom