Aku's Soil Trifoliate! Bag Seed Journal 2014 Pics

Aku420

So, newbie here to the site and to growing (not to forums). I grew a couple plants years ago before all this great info was available on this wonderful thing we call the internet. They never flowered and I never knew why. HA! Well as I am known to do, I have studied the process in depth. I would like to say I have the theory down. Now comes putting it into practice.
I was stoned pretty much from age 11 to 30 then oddly just fell out of it. Best way to put it I guess is that I grew out of it? I dunno, I quit smoking cigs and lo the pot went with them.
Fast forward, in my 40's now and am a chronic pain patient. I am so sick and tired of the side effects that the strong narc's give me, I want to try the MJ again and see if it can truly be effective against serious pain. I bought a 1/4 from a local guy and it was OK, much better than the regs even a decade ago. It put me straight to sleep everytime (I did experience some paranoia however ,boo). Anyway for kicks I put about 5 beans in a wet paper towel in a ziplock. Only 1 spouted and I was able to nurse it into a small plant just using miracle grow garden soil. I have read that miracle grow might not be the best thing to use so before you all jump my ass... I am doing this for fun, kind of a dry run. If I ever smoke anything from this plant, OK great. If not, pretty much what I expected. If I get serious enough to worry about the soil, I'll buy some decent genes. That said, I am here so that maybe with everyone's help, I won't kill the thing.

As stated, bagseed in soil, started outside. When it became recognizable I moved it indoors, onto a windowsill that has good sunlight a few hours a day but that is very well hidden from the street and neighbors. I am in Missouri and it is still very much illegal here. So its in the windowsill, the lady of the house keeps the AC cranked, I'd say the house is a steady 70-72 degrees. As you can guess growth slowed to a snails pace after all this.

I decided to top it to keep it a shorter plant, and growth seemed to have stopped. Then what I thought (hoped) was pre-flowers became secondary growth. This is why I decided to do a journal, it seems to be a trifoliate plant.
Nothing was strange until new leaves started at the nodes of the existing leaves. When I realized it wasn't pre flowering, I looked closely (its obvious now) at I had three leaves coming from each side of existing nodes! So at the branch out to original leaves I have 6 new leaves total. I dunno, is this not that uncommon? I hope to post some pics when I finally stop typing here.

Here is the kicker, my Father recently moved in with us and he is a retired police officer! So I need to get this hidden ASAP. I was thinking of a PC cabinet? Also hoping to gain some insight to this problem here, anyone? The plan was to let this secondary growth grow out enough to be stable then try to put it to flowering. I really am not sure of the sex yet even. Does this make sense, to wait for them to get some girth or should I just go 12/12 immed.? Again, either way is no big consequence just thought it would be better for the plant to wait a few more weeks. Surely it would do better in a PC cabinet under a couple CFL's for light AND warmth in this fridge of a house.

Other info: spent 6 weeks outside, another 4 or 5 inside. haven't Ph'd it as yet. Fed it some miracle grow 7-7-7 early. After this secondary growth started I gave it some 10-30-10 to promote pre-flowering. Soil is waaay too heavy, as a newbie I over watered early but since I have weaned off. The MG garden soil turns to mud though, drainage is difficult so I have re-potted a couple times to try and dry the soil. Alas, I insanely used the same bag of MG soil. Before I move it to a PC I will go get some better soil and mix in some verm and perl.

WHew! Thoughts?

Re: Aku's Soil Bagseed Journal Late 2014

unnamedcolor.jpg
unnamed17.jpg

When it becomes easier to see, I will post more pics. Anyone have an idea how common/uncommon this is?
Because of the amount of new growth I may trim it and tie the top down. (LST) I have never seen anything like that before and I think it would be very cool.

Not trifoliate. I have 5 or 6 leaves after topping it once! How crazy is that. Someone that knows, please weigh in on this!! I'm
going to post photos! Also, I have spotted female sex organs (other than my wife) ! I'm even more excited, woohoo! Goodmornin'!

Well, with the overwhelming response I decided to do a whole bunch of stuff to my baby. 1st off, I deflated her some. 2nd, I reposted her for her new home. I was able to check Ph finally, old muddy soil (bad) had good Ph, new fluffy soil (good) is alkaline by 1/2 to 3/4 of a point. ug. I finished off (except for a few minor adjustments) a pc grow cabinet. I would do a write up but with the lack of interest here, I think I'll save myself the time. Lastly, I tied the stem over horizontal to try some LST. I have been giving nutes the last few waterings, and I did so again in her new home. And as I saw only a preflower, I am leaving the cfl's on 18/6 to get her strength up for a dark 36hrs when I go 12/12 Polly after all the nodes turn up to the cfl's. Pics to come.

These are the latest pics. I hate the spell correct on my tablet... I defoliated not deflated. I re-potted her not reposted. Probably no Polly, and finally live through this not olive this! Holy crap tablet spellcheck is killing me. Anyway, I'll take a pic of the quasi-finished product. All that is left is to give her time now. She'll need a few weeks just to recover from everything that I just did. Thanks for your interest Dunc, this little plant sure is a strange bird man. I hope she pulls thru and thrives, if anyone sees me doing something fatal please let me know. I have two cfl's in there, a 60 and 100 watt equivalents respectively. 14 and 23 energy used watts. 900 and 1600 lumens. 2700k and 5000k.

WIN_20140816_165324.jpg
WIN_20140816_1653031.jpg
This is really cool. Glad I saw people doing this, I was going to pull her up as I could not hide her any longer, no smell either. I cut up an activated carbon furnace filter and zip tied it to pc fan, doesn't take much (at this point anyway)

I'm gonna sub to your journal. I wanna see how this ends up. I'm new to the growing work myself, but I have learned a lot of valuable info here. Please feel free to check out my journal as there is a lot of good input in there from a wide range of people. Just click the link. I will help you the best I can. I do Have a few tips to start. I would rather you use the dirt out of the ground instead of mg soil. Most of there products have a time release nutes in them already. So by adding more nutes you take the risk of burning her up. As far as flower nutes not time for those yet. I would recommend the 7-7-7 your currently using. I believe she's not ready for anything else. Also try supporting her with a stick or something. We need her standing up. I know some of this might seem harsh, but if you wanna see her bloom try these tips. I started the same way, and learned fast. Remember as a ton of questions and have pics and you will get answers. I m here to help anytime.

Wow, I did check out your journal, good work man. I also checked out KJC OMG man, he/she is a growing god, I swear. I appreciate your input. I looked for some no nute potting soil last time I re-potted but could find none. So I bought the least infused I could find. I am not far (a couple weeks) from going 12/12 so the high phosphorous? nutes are in preparation to flowering. I have layed it over to try and LST my baby as seen in some other journals, not really for yield but because of the space I have. The buds should grow straight up off the main stem towards the lights. (I am hoping)
Thanks for checking this out, def. say something if any of what I am trying is fatal. This is really my first of many grows. So far so good. Although I just realized (my light timer just clicked off my lights) my fans are wired the same as my lights and now the air is just wafting out of the cabinet as the fans are off and I can smell her, WOo, love that smell but damn. Cant really have that. Have to figure out how to wire the fans separately and permanently.

20140815_143402.jpg

Ok great. I realize she's only a few weeks out from you switching her over. Has it show in signs of sex yet. (Male- feamale) we really need to know this first. As far as flower nutes I know you wanna transition her into them, but honestly not time yet. You want to get a good centralized flower head. (Example) is the pic above.

Lets figure it's sex out then we'll talk flower nutes. Your doing great. Just be patient. One more thing depending on strain it can double or triple in size during flower.

That's my concern. Ya, she has shown female pre-flowers. if you zoom in you can see in the last pic I think, if not I'll post another where they are visible. Roger that on patience, after I saw she was female I went all giddy because I only had one seed germinate and no more in reserve. She really seems to have perked up since I went to the heavy phosph nutes. Ah well, it may be one of those things that seem more important to us than the plant. I am worried about her ballooning up bigger than the pc and stinking up my room. Really appreciate the input.

Got a Ph, moisture and light meter in 1 gadget. The potting soil I used last seems to be somewhat alkaline. My Ph was right around 8. I know that is high but how do I lower it? I've read sphagnum or mixing in some vinegar to the water when feeding but was wondering if there was a canna specific fix for this? Anyone else use a device like this? it was a cheapie $7 at home depot, has 2 prongs on it and a switch to measure light, moisture and Ph, are they reliable?

Back
Top Bottom