Alafornia Boards The WeedSeedsExpress With Harlequin And WWxNL: Others Hitch A Ride

Mostly have the temps controlled and just in time for some major heat. The WeedSeedsExpress girls (and the rest) and looking good. WWXNL has white flowers while Harlequin likes greenish for now. I have more Harlequin seeds now.

Things are looking good in there, Al ! :welldone:

Things are looking good in there, Al ! :welldone:

Thanks, Carcass! These plants are quite hardy. Good genetics from @Weed Seeds Express . They survived me and look like they are going to produce a good harvest. The Harlequin is very hard to find and WSE has plenty of it. Looks like she'll have some fat colas soon.

Are these in your homemade soil? They all look hungry.
:morenutes:

They are. I know they've had some heat stress until the past few days. You think that could be causing it?

How hot was it? I've never had a plant go yellow from the heat, and mine get into the low 90s air temps in the summer. But I'm not in a tent of course which may be different.

low 90’s here as well. It really started in earnest when it got hot is all I can tell ya.

PS we will find out over the next few days.

I hope they recover to a lovely shade of green!

Thanks! I do as well. The a/c out there is still a little small despite the upgrade to a window unit. I stayed with a smaller unit to keep the amps lower. I had been trying to run it normally and that was a mistake so now I have it cooling down to a lower temp at night so it doesn't get quite as hot during the day. The next 10 days are going to test it, for sure.

Update coming soon.

I mentioned in the other thread that life is sometimes an ass-kicker and it's kicked mine. I want to apologize to @Weed Seeds Express for this grow nearly taking a year and for the generally lower quality output than I expect from myself. I nearly killed the plants watering with cold water, but they are hardy. Both WSE seeds I planted sprouted and survived me. I bought more of the Harlequin seeds and gave a few away. I plan to grow both of these again under better conditions.

As it is, I have completed the harvest on these several weeks ago. It was a good harvest.

All yield weights are dry.

Wedding Cake: 64.2 gm

Harlequin: 48 gm

WWxNL: 52.3 gm

Blueberry: 52.5 gm

Northern Lights: 41.3 gm

OG Kush: 55.4 gm

Trim: 36.1 gm

Sour Apple bonus plant/Spog: 4.5 gm

Total yield: 318.2 gm

Harlequin went immediately into capsules. They have been used by the pups, one son, and @Tangled . They seems to work well to create calm and sleep.

WWxNL produces calm, pain relief, and sleep in spades. It's long lasting.

This grow did produce at least one mystery seed. Not sure where it came from, but it's either NL or WC crossed with an unknown. All I know is @Tangled brought it to me some time after discovering it as she was grinding away.

This has been a real journey through the past year and I want to thank WSE for giving me the opportunity. I wish I had been able to showcase their product better. I will be including their seeds in future grows and giving them occasional shout outs.

Congratulations on putting a button on this grow and well done all things considered! The flowers look great the the lids look good too. :thumb:

What brand of oil-filled heater is that and how do you like it? I need one for the shed stat!

Thanks, Shed.

It's a Pelonis 1500 Watt, but it's no longer available.

Since I am installing a Monitor heater in that space in 2-3 weeks you can have this one once that's done, if you'd like. It did a great job for me.

Thanks for the info and the offer! I'm going let you hang onto it for the chilly nights up there (might need it in the house sometime!), but I want to know what a Monitor heater is.

I was looking at those chicken coop/leg panel heaters but I wasn't sure if they would only heat what's in front of them rather than the air in the shed. It's been getting down into the low 50s at night in there.

Oh, just checked and Home Depot carries a 1500w Pelonis for $50!

Thanks for the info and the offer! I'm going let you hang onto it for the chilly nights up there (might need it in the house sometime!), but I want to know what a Monitor heater is.

I was looking at those chicken coop/leg panel heaters but I wasn't sure if they would only heat what's in front of them rather than the air in the shed. It's been getting down into the low 50s at night in there.

Oh, just checked and Home Depot carries a 1500w Pelonis for $50!

I think that will fit the bill nicely for a Shed's shed with lows in the 50's. This one had three settings: 600, 900, and 1500 watts IIRC. I mostly kept it on low out of necessity with the amperage budget.

A Monitor heater uses heating oil/kerosene. Monitor was the top brand forever, but are no longer made. They are mainly used by yankees in places it gets really cold. :D Coldest I've seen it here is about -26. Toyo is now the most popular brand. We have Monitors in the house and they do a great job. The output on the model I'm getting refurbished is about 40,000 BTU max (depends on how many burners it decides are needed). It uses 340 watts to light the kerosene and then about 80 or so to run the fan that pushes the heat out. That (the ignition watt/amp) is close to 4 amps less than the a/c and is of short duration so less likely to trip the breaker anyway. I'll be able to dial in a temp and leave it alone and not have to worry about things.

ETA: the kerosene is in a big tank outside. It holds about 180-200 gal. The burn rate on that heater is roughly 0.16-0.35 gal/hour actual running time.

Wow that sounds serious! I just looked up and they look nice and sleek (but for the 180 gallon tank outside). You will definitely have one cozy garage when you're done. :)

The 441 is the one. It should do the job without much effort. Previously it was the oil filled heater and/or a small 700 watt space heater with fan or a 23k BTU portable kerosene heater that only held enough for about 13-14 hours so had to be refilled once a day or so when used. It will be very cozy and also hassle-free. No more refilling with a siphon. No more loading up 5 gal containers into the automobile to refill them. I've had to refill the big tank about once a year so far and that only requires a phone call for someone else to come do it. That was a little over $700 last time and usually gets us through the entire winter months plus the months like October and April when it's only needed some of the time. Once I take the a/c out of the window and seal up one corner of the big door it should work quite well.

Back
Top Bottom