Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

:rofl:
Al, Al, Al.
So far the phrase “to boldly go where no man has gone before” does not apply to the MIL.

Tell you what though. The stealth tote @SmokeSara sent (she said it was a prize from Mars Hydro, but I know it was really a harvest gift from the wider 420 gang)... it is turning out to be surprisingly useful!

Too bad. You could try Space Queen on her. :D

I'll try to get in bed on time but we did not have the best of days again. Not nearly as bad as the really bad days, but still not good. Teenage rage type stuff so Daddy had to remind of the boundaries and rules for living here.

That’s too bad you can’t sample your plants when harvested. It sounds like you would benefit a lot in partaking in the activities, but duty calls! That’s 100% understandable.

It just blows my mind at the zero tolerance on marijuana for so many work sites/companies. Even though people can do cocaine the night before the test and still pass. I’m not trying to get political, Just venting I guess.

I’ll go back to eating my ice cream cone (insert ice cream cone emoji here):cheesygrinsmiley:

That’s too bad you can’t sample your plants when harvested. It sounds like you would benefit a lot in partaking in the activities, but duty calls! That’s 100% understandable.

It just blows my mind at the zero tolerance on marijuana for so many work sites/companies. Even though people can do cocaine the night before the test and still pass. I’m not trying to get political, Just venting I guess.

I’ll go back to eating my ice cream cone (insert ice cream cone emoji here):cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm OK with a little cannabis related politics. It is a shame. I hope it changes one fine day, sooner rather than later.

Time for the night update.

All the plants look ok. The clones are still green so far. I spritzed them but no one else got water.

First up, the clones, the groups, then singles.

Had to give the son the medicine I’d rather avoid, for his good and everyone else. The smallest dose and hopefully can stop again after that. Can’t let this continue. Have to try. I’ll still have to do all the parenting stuff to go with it. It’s times like this I think of all the mistakes I’ve made along the way. I remind myself that everyone makes them and dwelling on them does no good. I feel slightly better, but it’s an empty feeling. Doesn’t matter. Feeling don’t get the job done. I hope for a good night and a better day tomorrow and for a day when he is calm and confident. I remember laughing and cutting up with him this past week. Smiles. I want to see more of those. That’s why I grow these plants. To make his medicine. To give him what Mother Nature or God or luck failed to supply him. Serenity is a nice word. May he and we find it. May this plant continue its miracle. Strange to say after the last two days, but still is a miracle. Would have been so much worse without it. I know it’s a treatment, not a cure. It’s still an ongoing work, not the end of struggles.

It’s important to me that I share these things. It helps to vent. I want you to know so when you see the parent and kid struggling at the store maybe instead of judging you’ll offer a kind word. So that in whatever small way you can you will do something to change the world for the better. For my kids. For other kids. For anyone who needs it.

As always, thanks for stopping in and joining us on this journey. I am thankful for my 420 family. I hope you all have a good night.

You could use CBD without worry though, yes? So long as it’s a 20:1 or higher chemovar. No-one tests for CBD AFAIK. :)

AFAIK, no. I’m considering asking for a clarification of policy. That in itself has potential pitfalls, but is relatively low risk and there may be a way to do it in a roundabout way and then depending on what I hear being more direct. It’s something I’ve been thinking on.

New growth on NL and OS

C4DB60FB-9DAF-48F4-AB98-E561074AD083.jpeg
30D7D6A9-49D9-4437-9870-A0624080098D.jpeg

Now is the time to start to tie the top nodes flat, before they get to solid to bend. When the lowers catch up, you have nothing but tops!

I know this needs to be done but not tonight. Do I only want to tie down the top branches or those lower and wider also? Is the tomato wire OK? Do I go straight out or leave an upward bend to them?

As long as we're trying our best as parents, we need to be okay with what we do. I'm guessing you are.
:green_heart:

You mean this doesn't work.
🍦

Damn!

Thanks, Shed.

There's a business opportunity: Cannabis infused ice cream.

Anyone notice the ratchet rope is off Nikita? She's holding herself up pretty well.

Anything thick enough to not cut the skin of the plant as it strains against the wire. I use pipe cleaners attached to binder clips on the edges of the pot.

The top branches should get as close to parallel to the floor as you can (not all at once, please...over a few days!), and once that's done, you want to get the ends just a bit lower. You can do the same with the next node down as well if they're close.

Whether you widen the lowers depends on how long you want to veg. Making them wide makes it take longer for them to grow up to the top of the canopy, which is at least what you're looking for before you flip.

Anything thick enough to not cut the skin of the plant as it strains against the wire. I use pipe cleaners attached to binder clips on the edges of the pot.

The top branches should get as close to parallel to the floor as you can (not all at once, please...over a few days!), and once that's done, you want to get the ends just a bit lower. You can do the same with the next node down as well if they're close.

Whether you widen the lowers depends on how long you want to veg. Making them wide makes it take longer for them to grow up to the top of the canopy, which is at least what you're looking for before you flip.

Thanks, Shed. You are awesome and the help is greatly appreciated. It is so wonderful to have the experienced growers here helping out those of us who need it and sharing your knowledge.

May he and we find it.
:Namaste:
Nikita [...] holding herself up pretty well.
:bravo: Nikita! :yummy:

While you’re doing that thing Shed described up there, once the tops are trained down a bit, the effect you’re aiming for is to bring the highest ‘tops’ just under the level of the next tier of ‘tops’ - does that make sense? Then the lower branches will start going harder and, over a little time, you’ll end up with a flat canopy. So you just keep pulling down the highest ones until they all get as even as you can get them.

Every one is settling into new shapes nicely. The Northern Lights, Orange Sherbet, Master Hemp, all showing great new main branches/ future colas :thumb: They all look good - those ones look the best to my eyes... in those pics :popcorn: no such thing as too much popcorn, lol!

:Namaste:

:bravo: Nikita! :yummy:

While you’re doing that thing Shed described up there, once the tops are trained down a bit, the effect you’re aiming for is to bring the highest ‘tops’ just under the level of the next tier of ‘tops’ - does that make sense? Then the lower branches will start going harder and, over a little time, you’ll end up with a flat canopy. So you just keep pulling down the highest ones until they all get as even as you can get them.

Every one is settling into new shapes nicely. The Northern Lights, Orange Sherbet, Master Hemp, all showing great new main branches/ future colas :thumb: They all look good - those ones look the best to my eyes... in those pics :popcorn: no such thing as too much popcorn, lol!

Makes perfect sense. Thank you!

I just want to say that my young man came and spoke with me a while ago after meds. He was calm and seemed in good spirits. Just months ago this would have been a days-long brooding even with conventional meds. Instead, within two hours he was talking with me and calm and I haven't heard any ruckus since. See why I still call the plant a miracle? Yes, he still takes other meds, but this one has made a great difference.

Fantastic to hear Alafornia! I totally get that. Cannabis doesn’t ‘fix’ everything I would like it to - I still take other things. But Cannabis (in particular the careful use of the dosing oils) certainly ‘fixes’ a lot of things and my quality of life is massively improved - and that of those around me too :). It’s a common theme around 420Mag :love: so many people are here growing because they’re treating themselves and/or their family, for better lives.
:circle-of-love:

It’s important to me that I share these things. It helps to vent. I want you to know so when you see the parent and kid struggling at the store maybe instead of judging you’ll offer a kind word. So that in whatever small way you can you will do something to change the world for the better. For my kids. For other kids. For anyone who needs it.
So, so true. Well said, my friend.

Fantastic to hear Alafornia! I totally get that. Cannabis doesn’t ‘fix’ everything I would like it to - I still take other things. But Cannabis (in particular the careful use of the dosing oils) certainly ‘fixes’ a lot of things and my quality of life is massively improved - and that of those around me too :). It’s a common theme around 420Mag :love: so many people are here growing because they’re treating themselves and/or their family, for better lives.
:circle-of-love:

The bolded. So much, the bolded.

So, so true. Well said, my friend.

Thank you, FEF.

You are amazing Alafornia.

Much love from Newfoundland Canada.

Inspirational. :hug::Namaste:

And thank you, @GHempster .

Back
Top Bottom