Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

Up next is Orange Sherbet. She comes from Barney's Farm. She's been a bit fickle at times but I think that's mostly because of me. I think the next time I grow OS I'll have the watering down better and won't spray with neem then place under the lights as soon as they dry. That was a bad move, but she is resilient against my stupidity.

Finally, we have Northern Lights. Just a strong grower and it looks like she will be a big producer.

Fantastic. That’s such a wonderful sight. I love how we can clearly see the egenetic variaiton in colour tones as a well as growth type. Northern Lights looks fantastic. :yummy:

I was tired so didn't respond to the color variation line but it is something to see how differently they grow and look. I have to remind myself that some color variation is normal.

Northern Lights does look great. Very glad her clone took. Same goes for MH1 and Nikita.

Are you sure, you didn’t secretly grow thousands of plants before coming here? :hmmmm:

You say the smell is getting stronger! I bet it smells amazing!! :thumb:

Have a great weekend @Tangled and @Alafornia and family!

I don't think I responded to this either but what a complement! No, I owe it mainly to the soil and the fine people at 420 Magazine for all the information I was able to research before growing and all the help and advice I've gotten since joining. It has been a wonderful experience.

Exactly 2 weeks since I begin week 4 today.

don't think I responded to this either but what a complement! No, I owe it mainly to the soil and the fine people at 420 Magazine for all the information I was able to research before growing and all the help and advice I've gotten since joining. It has been a wonderful experience

Well, tell you one thing! After scrolling through all the pictures you took the time to post and share with us! (Thank you for that)

You have an amazing flower shop going on in there! They will fill out some more yet, then start gaining weight and changing their colours! You better sit down for this, and buckle up! Because it’s going to get exciting!

Let me ask you... being this far into flower, has it exceeded your expectations? Has anything surprised or disappointed you?

Well, tell you one thing! After scrolling through all the pictures you took the time to post and share with us! (Thank you for that)

You have an amazing flower shop going on in there! They will fill out some more yet, then start gaining weight and changing their colours! You better sit down for this, and buckle up! Because it’s going to get exciting!

Let me ask you... being this far into flower, has it exceeded your expectations? Has anything surprised or disappointed you?

You're very welcome and thank you for taking time to look and to post.

I'm proud of what I've been able to do to this point. Thank you! I'm also pretty excited I've gotten this far without completely screwing it up, but it wasn't for lack of "trying".

Those are good questions. Hmmm.....

The most surprising thing to me is how much I have enjoyed doing this. Don't get me wrong - when I'm tired and just want to lie down and sleep or do something else it's still work. I'm working on good medicine and the end result of that should help my boy so I take great pride (largely because of that) in all the work I've put into this. Growing anything at all is almost completely new to me. I grew some watermelons and okra and a few other things once or twice and that's about it and I depended mainly on luck (and we had great soil naturally in our yard) for any success I had with that. That's the other surprising thing - that I haven't killed every plant! :D I was really worried going into it though I had a small measure of confidence because of my research.

So those things have exceeded my expectations. So has the help I've received and the interest of others in what we're doing. Speaking strictly of the plants, they have been more resilient than I expected (OMG, Westley!). I think when we get to harvest there will be more possibilities to exceed my expectations. Since I'm new and therefore stupid I don't really know what to expect from harvest but I've been hoping to get a pound, total, since that's close to the middle of 0.5 to 1 gram/watt at 630 watts. If it's less I'll learn something and if it's more I'll be stoked.

Nothing I can think of has really disappointed me. It has been exciting to learn and be able to apply what I've learned in multiple ways, including ways that occasionally help others.

... genetic, I just meant genetic. Egenetic is not a word ...:)

Sure it is. It stands for electronic genetic. :D Are you more igenetic or androgenetic? :D

Alright, for the next adventure:

While I appreciate @Oldbear and his calculator I felt the need to make a few modifications to better suit how I intend to do things. His formulas seemed predicated on making an oil of one strain and adding it to the oil of another strain. That's not how I intend to do things.

My plan is to mix the strains in the oil at the same time as for my purposes that just seems to make more sense and seems easier to me. IOW, I would take all the strains I want to mix and place them in the total amount of oil I'm using and infuse at the same time in one step instead of taking an oil of one strain and adding it to the oil of another.

That's why I needed to make some modifications. Basically, I figure amounts of cannabinoids and add all those together then figure in the total amount of oil I'm placing all that in.

First, to post my math. Does that look right?

If someone would like a copy I hope I can post a link or tell you how to modify it. THC and CBD info were based on either the number posted at the breeder or seller or with the best info I could find since I could not find that info for Orange Sherbet any other way. For White Russian I could not find info on CBD so assumed 0% for now.

Strain Profiles
MH1OG Kush CBDBlueberry White RussianOrange SherbetNorthern Lights
Cannabinoid Profile %
THCx0.50%10.00%13.00%22.00%24.00%21.00%
CBDx16.00%10.00%5.00%0.00%0.70%1.70%
Plant Material Volume Grams3.503.000.800.800.800.60
Production Efficiency %0.850.850.850.850.850.85
Cannabinoid Volume Mg
THC14.88255.0088.40149.60163.20107.10
CBD 476.00255.0034.000.004.768.67
Total Oil Volume ML100.00
Solution Strength Mg/Ml
THC7.78
CBD7.78
Total 15.57
Now we know the cannabinoid levels for each ML of each oil. Lets go calculate some blends.
Total Volume and MilligramsTotalDose ML
ML100.00100.001.00
THC778.18778.187.78
CBD778.43778.437.78
Total1556.611556.6115.57

Copy and paste of the formulas since a link is probably forbidden and would compromise privacy. Most everything else besides where I placed the formulas remains the same. Just carry out the same calculations on the G, I, K, and M columns and change numbers and such as needed. I could have changed a few things to cut out some redundancy but this was just the quick fix.

Strain Profiles
Cannabinoid Profile %
Plant Material Volume Grams3.503.000.800.800.800.60
Cannabinoid Volume Mg
THC=C8*C11*C13*1000=E8*E11*E13*100088.40149.60163.20107.10
CBD =C9*C11*C13*1000=E9*E11*E13*100034.000.004.768.67
Solution Strength Mg/Ml
THC=(C16+E16+G16+I16+K16+M16)/C19
CBD=(C17+E17+G17+I17+K17+M17)/C19
Total 15.57
Now we know the cannabinoid levels for each ML of each oil. Lets go calculate some blends.
Total Volume and MilligramsTotalDose ML
ML100.00=C291.00
THC778.18=C307.78
CBD778.43=C317.78
Total1556.61=C32 15.57

Just noticed I'm going to need to up the concentration just a bit because the capsules hold about 0.75 ml, if I recall correctly.

That's gonna make it look more like this:

Strain Profiles
Cannabinoid Profile %
Plant Material Volume Grams4.504.001.001.001.000.80
Cannabinoid Volume Mg
THC19.13340.00110.50187.00204.00142.80
CBD 612.00340.0042.500.005.9511.56
Solution Strength Mg/Ml
THC10.03
CBD10.12
Total 20.15
Total Volume and MilligramsTotalDose MLDose per capsule
ML100.00100.001.000.75
THC1003.431003.4310.037.5256875
CBD1012.011012.0110.127.590075
Total2015.442015.4420.1515.1157625

That’s a good approach

For production and storage long term I keep them separated by type and strength. For use I can now make any cannabinoids profile from thc::cbd 20:0 to 0:15

When you factor in different chemovars it’s gets complicated quickly.

You're very welcome and thank you for taking time to look and to post.

I'm proud of what I've been able to do to this point. Thank you! I'm also pretty excited I've gotten this far without completely screwing it up, but it wasn't for lack of "trying".

Those are good questions. Hmmm.....

The most surprising thing to me is how much I have enjoyed doing this. Don't get me wrong - when I'm tired and just want to lie down and sleep or do something else it's still work. I'm working on good medicine and the end result of that should help my boy so I take great pride (largely because of that) in all the work I've put into this. Growing anything at all is almost completely new to me. I grew some watermelons and okra and a few other things once or twice and that's about it and I depended mainly on luck (and we had great soil naturally in our yard) for any success I had with that. That's the other surprising thing - that I haven't killed every plant! :D I was really worried going into it though I had a small measure of confidence because of my research.

So those things have exceeded my expectations. So has the help I've received and the interest of others in what we're doing. Speaking strictly of the plants, they have been more resilient than I expected (OMG, Westley!). I think when we get to harvest there will be more possibilities to exceed my expectations. Since I'm new and therefore stupid I don't really know what to expect from harvest but I've been hoping to get a pound, total, since that's close to the middle of 0.5 to 1 gram/watt at 630 watts. If it's less I'll learn something and if it's more I'll be stoked.

Nothing I can think of has really disappointed me. It has been exciting to learn and be able to apply what I've learned in multiple ways, including ways that occasionally help others.

You should, take pride in this! Not only because your growing the medications for your family, but because your doing a great job! You’ve got many, many great looking plants to show for it!

The colas, are growing, soon to be putting on weight! And they look fantastic at the stage their in. The satisfaction of growing marijuana, exceeds the satisfaction of growing watermelons ten fold!! You just wait till it’s harvest day, that’s when the feeling of, yeah I did this!! And it feels great, will kick in! :yahoo:

That day is approaching faster then you think!! You will think back and say, “didn’t I just pop these seeds in dirt last week..?:hmmmm:

Your doing great Al!!

Hey side note: there’s actually people a province over from me that cuts watermelons and wears them for CFL football games. Hahah those melon heads! :laugh:

That’s a good approach

For production and storage long term I keep them separated by type and strength. For use I can now make any cannabinoids profile from thc::cbd 20:0 to 0:15

When you factor in different chemovars it’s gets complicated quickly.

Thanks, Oldbear!

There was a man called Bear once that I loved very much. Broke my heart when he passed. You're a pretty good guy, too.

How long is long term? As in, how and how long do you store your oils? Do you use anything to preserve them? What oils do you prefer as carriers and why?

Thank you.

You should, take pride in this! Not only because your growing the medications for your family, but because your doing a great job! You’ve got many, many great looking plants to show for it!

The colas, are growing, soon to be putting on weight! And they look fantastic at the stage their in. The satisfaction of growing marijuana, exceeds the satisfaction of growing watermelons ten fold!! You just wait till it’s harvest day, that’s when the feeling of, yeah I did this!! And it feels great, will kick in! :yahoo:

That day is approaching faster then you think!! You will think back and say, “didn’t I just pop these seeds in dirt last week..?:hmmmm:

Your doing great Al!!

Hey side note: there’s actually people a province over from me that cuts watermelons and wears them for CFL football games. Hahah those melon heads! :laugh:

Well, there's people in "West Georgia" that throw toilet paper in their own beloved trees to celebrate in the public square. Think about the irony there.

Seems like forever. Seems like yesterday.

Thanks!

They are all so beautiful. Buds are forming more today than yesterday.
Thank you for the Westley photos. I bookmarked it so I can look at her whenever I like.
I also bookmarked the dosing chart. I think in the future this may be how Mr. N will get his meds for now he is able to smoke and edibles.
Thank you for sharing.

They are all so beautiful. Buds are forming more today than yesterday.
Thank you for the Westley photos. I bookmarked it so I can look at her whenever I like.
I also bookmarked the dosing chart. I think in the future this may be how Mr. N will get his meds for now he is able to smoke and edibles.
Thank you for sharing.

Thanks, Mrs. N. You guys have a wonderful day.

Back
Top Bottom