Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

One caregiver (That's me). 1st ever grow. Three patients. Six strains to make potent medicines for autism, chronic pain, BPD, insomnia, and anxiety. I'll give more background below.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?

Soaking up water in mason jars.

Indoor or outdoor?

Indoor 60"x60"x78" grow tent.

Soil or Hydro?

Super soil home mix.

Size of light?

CMH 315 watt x2.

PH of media or res?

Soil pH 6.3-6.7 on most recent check

What strains?

From True North Seed Bank:

OG Kush CBD Feminized Seeds (Dinafem)

Details
OG Kush CBD cannabis seeds by Dinafem Seeds belong to a Sativa-dominant, feminized cannabis strain that originates from the cross of an OG Kush and a CBD rich strain.

OG Kush is what everyone in the States aspires to, which is not surprising at all given its complexity and high-quality.

All things considered, Dinafem Seeds could not miss the chance to create a high-CBD version noted for harmoniously pulling together both sides of the coin: the recreational part and the therapeutic part.

Dinafem are sure that OG Kush CBD will cast a spell on OG-lovers as well as on those users interested in tasting a plant with a more moderate effect and the ability to reduce anxiety, muscle tension or even stimulate their appetite.

As far as its effect is concerned, it has very little to do with the feminized and autoflowering versions. All those passionate about strains with complex flavours and aromas, accompanied by hints of lemon, petrol, wood and species, are sure to fall for this cannabis seed.

Especially, when they get to see how easy it is to obtain generous crops of compact and smelly buds.

OG Kush CBD marijuana seeds evolve into beautiful, slender plants with short distance between nodes and broad leaves. An organic farming method is preferred if to be used for therapeutic purposes.

Although a 1:1 THC/CBD ratio is guaranteed, some phenotypes can reach a 1:2 ratio if grown in ideal conditions.

OG Kush CBD is a cannabis plant that boasts a really intense flavour and aroma, with notes of lemon, oil, wood and species. Its effect, both physical and cerebral, is easy to put up with and can create a state of euphoria that remains for a while.

People looking for a rich flavour and gentle effect are going to love it.

Additional Information
Seedbank Dinafem
Sex Feminized
Variety Mostly Sativa
Strain Genetics OG Kush x Pure CBD
Flowering Type Photoperiod
Flowering Time 8-9 Weeks
Where to Grow Indoor, Greenhouse, Outdoor
Harvest Month Mid October
Medical Conditions Anxiety, Muscle Spasm, Muscular Dystrophy
Taste / Flavor Lemon, Petrol, Spicy, Woody
Effect Euphoric
Plant Height Up to 3 metres
CBD Content 10%
THC Content 10%
Yield Indoor: 550 g/m2, Outdoor: 1100 g/plant

Blueberry Feminized Seeds (Canuk Seeds)

Details
The sweet flavor of fresh blueberries combine with relaxing effects to produce a long-lasting sense of euphoria.

Blueberry is a perfect strain for medical users to suppress pain and relieve stress used most commonly for ADD/ADHD, Anxiety, Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, Cancer, Depression, Headaches, Migraines, and PTSD, while connoisseurs and growers admire the strain its colorful hues and high THC %.

Although some of the blue from the mother has been lost in the cross, about 50% of this strain retains the blue and 100% it’s mother fruity taste.

Additional Information
Seedbank Canuk Seeds
Sex Feminized
Variety Mostly Indica
Strain Genetics Blueberry
Flowering Time 8-9 Weeks
Harvest Month October
Medical Conditions ADD/ADHD, Anxiety, Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, Cancer, Depression, Headaches, Migraines, PTSD, Stress
Taste / Flavor Berry, Blueberry, Fruity, Sweet
Effect Euphoric, Long lasting
Plant Height up to 225 cm
CBD Content High
THC Content 13%
Yield 400-600 gr/m2

Northern Lights FEMINIZED Seeds (Pyramid Seeds)

Details
Our strain comes from an old phenotype, very difficult to find nowadays.

We cultivated in a hydroponic systems, although it is adaptable to all substrates.

This is a small, robust plant, with a slow and very compact growth. It has fleshy leaves, a deep green color and thick buds, with loads of resin.

Its fragrance and taste are strongly sweet. It’s winner of the first prize at La Bella Flor 2006 and the second Hidro Award in Spannabis 2007.

Additional Information
Seedbank Pyramid Seeds
Sex Feminized
Pack Size 5 Seeds
Variety Mostly Indica
Strain Genetics Northern Lights Genetics
Flowering Time 55 Days
Harvest Month September
Taste / Flavor Sweet
Plant Height 80 - 120 cm
CBD Content 1.7%
THC Content 21%
Yield 450 - 600 gr./m2 (With 600W light)

From Cannapot Seed Bank:

Master Hemp MH1 female
Manufactured by: Medical Marijuana Genetics

Master Hemp (CD-1 x Swiss Line) cannabisseeds provide very good medical CBD plants of highest order – the CBD levels are really high from 12 to 16% while THC production remains extremely low at just 0.3 – 0.5%. The production of terpenes is excellent, it is responsible for intense scents and flavours of lemons with bitter and sweet rounded with incense. Masterhemp is a great strain for indoors and outdoors as well but the best results are possible when you grow these feminized seeds in a greenhouse. 3 fem seeds / pack

This medical breeder was founded it the year 2014 to provide genetics for medical usement. All different strains are easy to grow, the female cannabisseeds are highly recommended for beginners who grow outdoors or indoors. Medical Marijuana Genetics is one of the best breeders you can find. There are many grower out there who are searching for seeds to create their own medicine and this breeder has it all. Grab and check out these superb genetics, Green Doctor, Candida, Txaki, Nightingale or Hiydrow...we are sure that many medicinal strains will follow in future.

Orange Sherbert fem
Manufactured by: Barneys Farm

Orange Sherbert weed seed provide a strain that is a mostly Indica with an incredible great flavour reminding on oranges and sweeties. These feminized cannabis seeds are the result of crossing the Orange Cream with a Purple Urkle and a great Cherry, booth strains of great quality. Growing Orange Sherbert is a pleasure, it is a very easy one so also the novice can get superb results but attention: you should support the branches because Orange Sherbert can get very fat and sometimes it can break because of the heavy weight. 5 fem seeds / pack

Barneys Farm is a group of very experienced grower and breeder who are collecting many landraces all around the world since the early 1980s. Theese cannabisseeds are the base for creating the very best and rarest strains for the customer. This breeder has won many international prizes, strains like Vanilla Kush, Tangerine Dream, LSD or Dr. Grinspoon are just a few examples how good cannabis can be. They won the prizes for the high quality and stability of its products and they are recognized world leader in the production of top quality seeds. If you want something real fine, choose Barney Farm as your favourite seedbank.

ORANGE SHERBERT™ Cannabis Seeds Specifications
Type: Feminised Photoperiod: Normal Cultivation: Indoor/outdoor Characterisics: . Genetics: Orange Cream x Purple Urkle x Cherry Pie Effect: Relaxing, Chilling Outdoor Yield (g): up to 700 Flowering Time (days): 60 - 70 Height (cm): 100-130cm Height: Medium Indica %: 80% Sativa %: 20% Indica/Sativa: Mostly Indica Medical Level: Medium Medical: Yes Taste: Acid candy, Orange Aroma: Sweet Bitterness, Orange Resistance to Mold (5=Best): 4 Resistance Against Botrytis (5=Best): 5 Resistance Against Cold (5=Best): 5 Resistance to Powdery Mildew (5=Best): 5 Resistance to Spider Mite (5=Best): 4

White Russian female
Manufactured by: Serious Seeds

White Russian brings fantastic results! Whiterussian is the Serious Seeds !strain with the most indicapart, a stable cross of AK47 with the White Widow - two giants of breeding history! A new superspecies was born with a new definition for indica power! The plants grow midhigh and have compact darkgreen leaves! Whiterussian will make your heart swell - thanks to the indica background they produce a very intensive flavour, so you should ensure a good waste air! The strain won the Cup 96! White Russian - a real great one!!! 6 fem Seeds / Pack

Serious Seeds is one of the most reliable seedbanks on the hempmarket, the breeder behind Serious called Simon is the guy who is responsible for the great material Serious Seeds offers. He early started collecting seeds when he traveled around the world, many of the genetics he uses for the strains were collected in the late 80s/early 90s. After working with Alan Dronkers (Sensi Seeds) he started using his great experience for founding the seedbank called Serious Seeds. The strains he offers made a big impact, strains like AK 47, Kali Mist, Chronic or White Russian are legendary strains nowadays - they are booth like White Widow simply a must for every grower. Serious Seeds always wanted to stay little bit smaller to keep the very good quality their strains offer.

Background:

I have never used cannabis. Ever. Not once. In any form.

So why the hell am I here doing this?!

Medicine. Pure and simple.

My sons have autism. They are high functioning. They are intelligent. They have comorbid conditions like chronic pain anxiety, and OCD. Their medications have offered little help.

My wife has BPD. She's unable to take any kind of antidepressant as it causes mania. Already an anxious person, life has added to it. Her medications offer limited help.

Still, cannabis was never really much of a thought, especially for my teenage son. Then autism and puberty combined to take a kind, fun-loving kid and make him a constantly angry and depressed young man. Still no thought of cannabis. Then he began striking out and hurting himself. Picture frames thrown down, glass everywhere. Chairs thrown over. Self harm, which I discovered one late night when he accidentally severed the tendons that make his fingers work and required surgery to restore function. That led to more medications, including some strong ones with significant side effects. They helped to some degree, but some of the behaviors continued. That's when we discovered CBD. And it helped some, but he was still angry and throwing things. I had to consider placing him outside the home. The one desperate option left before doing that was cannabis that included THC. And it has worked. In a few months it's like his mind has been healing over time. Fewer outbursts. Less anger. And slowly my happy, fun-loving kid has re-emerged. One tablet, three times a day of 5 mg of both THC and CBD has made this possible. And now it's time for me to try to make his medicine.

The older son has autism and chronic pain and takes the same medicine a few times a week. I wish he'd take it more often, but he's stubborn (don't know where he gets that from).

The wife now combines oral and inhaled. I frankly wish I could join her, but I am subject to testing so that's a firm "no".

A plant that I once hated and thought was an evil has saved my son and just may have saved my sanity. And now I love cannabis. I appreciate anyone who grows and/or uses it to help with whatever ails them (and those just having fun). I thank all those who preserved it through the years. I respect every "crazy" person who called it medicine.

Because without you all this miracle would not have been possible.

And so I'm genuinely excited to be here as a part of this great community and now growing this miraculous medicine. Thank you all for having me and understanding why I have spent months getting ready to take this ridiculous journey and grow six strains on my first attempt ever. I believe the combination of some or all of these strains will give my boy what he needs and help the rest of my family as well. If not, I have other strains to add to the mix once they're grown and I'll be grabbing a few more like Blue Dream and others (not to mention Big Bud by Sensi Seeds thanks to 420 sponsor The Vault!).

I'll be adding more space for vegging and drying before long. I have to supply. It's my job and I love it.

Look for a few pictures below to start things off. I'll try to get better at that, too.

A few pictures of the grow tent and our strains.

A99C0DB4-E038-4BBA-8BA7-C512A534BE23.jpegCC561D6D-3D10-41F0-B00C-89EB3830151D.jpegF9D61C2E-0624-4B3A-9F17-5A7A4D5796F2.jpegD7FBC876-D568-4218-802F-03DD49ABAAEC.jpeg7CBEA697-AE90-4BFC-BDE2-DC442E5DC208.jpeg3838ADD4-2DF5-4625-8F53-A766D262D069.jpeg00ABA821-6795-44DF-AA7A-58CC4DC31B3F.jpeg2ACF419D-9E03-4854-8245-3D81D454FD4E.jpegA865328A-A50B-4EB2-BB7F-1B2A43330F9A.jpeg76A7833F-7075-4447-A16B-34FC9B65A822.jpeg

A couple more.

596D1D81-A351-4EBF-803F-DC0D84D2E9BC.jpegE18BA228-B59B-4771-BD92-685ABB7006AD.jpeg

Thanks, @bluenoserjoe . I'm in for the long haul and I'm as ready as I can be.

Blueberry was a freebie. Thought I should mention it. Cannapot threw in 4 mystery bonus seeds. Maybe I'll find out what they are one day.

Didn't expect to win the giveaway, but how exciting!

BTW, younger son has already come off two medications: klonopin (a benzodiazepine for anxiety) and buspar (for anxiety). The cannabis does better than both combined. He is tapering off one atypical antipsychotic and then will taper off the other before tapering off the antidepressant - all under the supervision of his mental health provider, of course. If it goes well he will just be on cannabis. If needed he will remain on one or more conventional medications.

My wife likes Skywalker OG but all the OG's make her cough badly. Hoping for some smooth bud for her. I have an OGK to put in the next grow. Hoping a few of these help her, too.

We sat down tonight and decided on the final make-up of this grow. OGK out, Blueberry in. White Russian instead of White Widow. I just hope we got it right. Lots of thought went into choosing the strains for their separate and combined effects. MH1 for high THCV and high CBD to balance out the high THC strains.

Subbed! Boom. Front row. Hey guys good to see ya. I’m just going to put my bag on this chair while I catch up on the reading. This is my chair. Good to see you doing it Al :) Fingers crossed...

Ahem. Well Al, I’ve been intrigued to learn more about your work since you mentioned it a couple of weeks ago and I can see you’re a busy man. It sounds like you’ve done your homework on your strains. You’re looking after some very lucky people. Reading some of the recommendations for each strain we are reminded how powerfully medicinal cannabis can be. I take my hat off to you as someone willing to take the steps you’re taking in the situation you’re in. Fair play.
You are going to get so much help with getting your seeds to harvest. And beyond.. I hope to learn a lot more about what you’re doing it’s a privilege to be part of it thanks for posting :)

Thank you, DD. Finally I'm doing more than talking and studying! I almost feel like a giddy schoolgirl. :D

I have worked in conventional medicine for decades. I interact with patients daily. Having some understanding of what I'm doing and why was/is a must for for using this at home. I've been able to spread a bit of that knowledge.

If I'm being honest there are times I wish I lived in as much ignorance as I did in the past - that I didn't know half of what I know now, but these guys (my family) have taught me a lot about life and love. I'm privileged to have the opportunity to pay them back and also to have the opportunity to disseminate the knowledge I've picked up to others. I'm trying to become an advocate for this plant and those who need it.

So glad to have you onboard.

Orange Sherbet and White Russian win the race to the bottom (well, in the non politician division).
70A99542-926A-4FBD-8EF1-1CD0A026865C.jpegA2A40A35-E2E3-42A6-8823-96636F81FA23.jpeg

This is exciting! Got one eye on your sunken beans already to see what you do next. It’s so cold where I am I’ve been having very poor results.
BTW thanks for sharing @Oldbear and @InTheShed ’s spreadsheet what a very useful piece of work.

They are all sunk to the bottom now. Pics below.

I was thinking straight to soil and into the tent on a seedling warmer. Spritz the top of the soil daily for moisture? Any reason to do paper towel instead?

Thanks, Double D!
!8C806F54-5BC2-497F-9B11-DF8B9C2E0D43.jpeg319B6374-B31D-4729-BD3D-A9C5FEFEB598.jpegC87EE004-E746-4BB0-A24C-F8D64D152F3D.jpeg705FEB6B-07E2-4B86-B39B-3981BD49BE77.jpeg7195B677-14F9-4CE3-81CD-BFC51869058B.jpeg98BFE25A-97AD-43BA-8A36-15CFA106D54E.jpegCD280199-03B3-4D1E-95E5-18E6F1823D41.jpeg

P.S. I prefer the thumbnails for faster loading. Hope everyone likes that.

Thumbnails are great for the details we need to see here. Just be sure to post BIG pictures of buds when you get them :)
Soil, tent, heat pad. You’re gold.
Heading for a high of 9*C at my place today. Lost three seeds in the last week from poor management on my part. You’re doing great!

FYI, you should be able to click on the thumbnails and load the larger pictures.

It's about 80 F here wth 15% humidity. I may fashion some domes out of plastic bottles.

Just made six like this out of water bottles. I think they should work.

BDA6D7C4-4EE0-4CEC-A1F8-04E08FC1DB5A.jpeg

Lost three seeds in the last week from poor management on my part. You’re doing great!

Well, that sucks Donkey Dicks. (I've been waiting for the opportunity to use that one)

One caregiver (That's me). 1st ever grow. Three patients. Six strains to make potent medicines for autism, chronic pain, BPD, insomnia, and anxiety. I'll give more background below ...
Hey @Alafornia ... wonderful introduction and I am rooting for the Canuk Blueberry ... I almost bought some ... but at the last minute, we changes our minds and went with Dark Devil Auto.

It is so nice to see people coming to their senses about the medical benefits of cannabis; although, I am not very impressed with the US government who still has cannabis as a Schedule 1 narcotic ... while the DEA holds a medical patent for cannabis. Unreal! 100 years of government lies ... I am just so glad that Canada decided to smarten up and change the laws.

I am looking forward to watching your progress, and ultimately a successful harvest!

Seeds are soiled. What? Stop laughing. They are in soil. I actually just planted six mj plants. Still weird to me even though I’ve been planning this for months.

Found a few small holes in the ipower tent.

I may need a humidifier.

Lower pH is before watering and my water’s pH is about 7.3. It should float downward. First was 6.3 then 7.0.

Here are some pictures.

1D160CE8-2F1B-4377-A45C-6FDE0DE48F4F.jpeg86D16DDC-7B89-49C0-A253-A77369D9C458.jpeg4D764422-D9CF-403C-BAEF-09A20D9FD5DA.jpegD4B37D31-E700-4117-9BB7-4F7B3CD5812A.jpeg8C686866-A4D4-4849-A951-ED19AF94DEBD.jpegEB621DE6-149D-4345-A457-C50860A0DF92.jpeg1E3F3CBB-4790-4945-AB0C-50AE31D42F4E.jpeg3B9C86A0-B991-42DA-AE37-B41FE65161AB.jpegC7951977-B2F8-4A30-B7BB-2103DD390A1B.jpeg3C44C55A-8B94-4531-A614-94E54385DB01.jpeg

A few more. A5AAC847-CAEC-4226-98A2-5538873444C9.jpegCB08E9E8-1900-450C-82DF-CEC240764091.jpegF7DD8FDB-D680-40A2-8005-7F1E78192160.jpeg105C756E-44C5-45E0-BA75-007253641BFC.jpegFB27DF50-9F6A-410A-AC01-F207F6D4C8C4.jpeg92EFD515-F609-4965-80FE-EC868EC92C0E.jpegE2B6E0DB-E4A5-44E0-A2B8-362FB6EB158E.jpegDEB4A0A3-1680-4BE2-8AB5-18563AD4C5D3.jpeg57167EBC-1972-432D-98A4-0EAF759DBB5F.jpeg912FCBF7-B385-4202-9B6B-48B2EF9414DB.jpeg

Last one.

EFD95DE4-3CE0-414F-91D8-6D898E5E94B4.jpeg

Nice. It’s ok to buy a humidifier. It’s ok to hang a wet towel too - somewhere the fan will blow it, with a drip tray under. When the room is full of leaves humidity is easier to manage you’ll see :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom