Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

Quick morning pic. Woke up late.

Humidifier wasn’t working - thought I’d have to replace them noticed the “refill” light on despite it being full. Pulled it out and pulled on the thingamabob and the fan came on. Yay. Humidity climbing.

So far the clones are green. That has to be good.

Wishing you a good Friday.

93AFFDAB-0B50-4137-822C-B245363BF23A.jpeg

Humidity has already gone up about 9%.

Good evening to everyone!

More energy today. Feeling much better but need some sleep tonight. Tooth barely hurt at all today and is not tender anymore. Yay!

Outside temp: 81 Vulcan degrees (down from 94)

Humidity: 20% (up from 11%)

Tent temp: 78

Tent humidity: 44%

Group pics first, then singles

CBC168F1-5183-4344-AEF4-86D91EFEBFE9.jpeg
ACB3C7B0-9019-40E8-9A91-5D215B103807.jpeg

Westley

999CBEBD-C144-4BA9-AFFA-AA08AFFAF206.jpeg

Nikita

02AD972F-46FC-4813-9817-578F595F7090.jpeg

MH1

07F83DD7-50B1-464C-A11B-3C066E71320E.jpeg

Orange Sherbet

61B204E5-4073-485F-9B4E-F60AA9460BD8.jpeg

Northern Lights

D804EA39-C066-460B-8606-B64F7CF6489D.jpeg

Blueberry

EBDBB33E-9D78-47E3-93DC-BDB5723B2E22.jpeg

OG Kush CBD

B9A7D90C-D241-4C78-9DC1-53EB908A02BD.jpeg

Finally, the clones

3B5A003A-188C-4F8C-ADE3-39C36BFFE435.jpeg

The clones are still standing! Long live the clones! Haha! I expected them to die this morning when I saw them. They look much better now. I’m far from confident but I feel much better about it.

Thanks again to everyone for the help, tips, encouragement, support, and general good vibes you’ve given us all along the way. Each of you is appreciated. This grow would not be a success without you.

Nice! Clone Wars ... c'mon Orange Serbert!

I like the clear cup and beer cup so you can see the roots ... great idea to know when to transplant!

Time for the night update.

All the plants look ok. The clones are still green so far. I spritzed them but no one else got water.

First up, the clones, the groups, then singles.

Had to give the son the medicine I’d rather avoid, for his good and everyone else. The smallest dose and hopefully can stop again after that. Can’t let this continue. Have to try. I’ll still have to do all the parenting stuff to go with it. It’s times like this I think of all the mistakes I’ve made along the way. I remind myself that everyone makes them and dwelling on them does no good. I feel slightly better, but it’s an empty feeling. Doesn’t matter. Feeling don’t get the job done. I hope for a good night and a better day tomorrow and for a day when he is calm and confident. I remember laughing and cutting up with him this past week. Smiles. I want to see more of those. That’s why I grow these plants. To make his medicine. To give him what Mother Nature or God or luck failed to supply him. Serenity is a nice word. May he and we find it. May this plant continue its miracle. Strange to say after the last two days, but still is a miracle. Would have been so much worse without it. I know it’s a treatment, not a cure. It’s still an ongoing work, not the end of struggles.

It’s important to me that I share these things. It helps to vent. I want you to know so when you see the parent and kid struggling at the store maybe instead of judging you’ll offer a kind word. So that in whatever small way you can you will do something to change the world for the better. For my kids. For other kids. For anyone who needs it.

As always, thanks for stopping in and joining us on this journey. I am thankful for my 420 family. I hope you all have a good night.

This is an amazing community of caring and helpful folks ... we're glad you're here sharing.

Anything thick enough to not cut the skin of the plant as it strains against the wire. I use pipe cleaners attached to binder clips on the edges of the pot.

The top branches should get as close to parallel to the floor as you can (not all at once, please...over a few days!), and once that's done, you want to get the ends just a bit lower. You can do the same with the next node down as well if they're close.

Whether you widen the lowers depends on how long you want to veg. Making them wide makes it take longer for them to grow up to the top of the canopy, which is at least what you're looking for before you flip.

Interesting ... more learned today ... flatten the tops ... let the bottoms catch up. I was letting the tops keep a 20% incline and it was difficult to get the canopy even.

Thanks for the tip on controlling the tips :)

:Namaste:

:bravo: Nikita! :yummy:

While you’re doing that thing Shed described up there, once the tops are trained down a bit, the effect you’re aiming for is to bring the highest ‘tops’ just under the level of the next tier of ‘tops’ - does that make sense? Then the lower branches will start going harder and, over a little time, you’ll end up with a flat canopy. So you just keep pulling down the highest ones until they all get as even as you can get them.

Every one is settling into new shapes nicely. The Northern Lights, Orange Sherbet, Master Hemp, all showing great new main branches/ future colas :thumb: They all look good - those ones look the best to my eyes... in those pics :popcorn: no such thing as too much popcorn, lol!

the effect you’re aiming for is to bring the highest ‘tops’ just under the level of the next tier of ‘tops’

Cool! This is the detail I have not been able to find on other sites.

420 grow journalists are awesome!!!

I've recently discovered my grow has suffered from my poor quality lighting ... and from my hanging the light too high over the canopy so I am going to ask around for suggestions before I run out and purchase one. Unfortunately, I don't have time to build one.

I really want to do my reasearch right this time!

Basically I need a nice light ... not too expensive ... for a 4x4 grow tent. In my tent, I run the exhaust fan 24-0 so heat won't be an issue.

Thanks in advance!

Dear Mr. Alafornia, you have brought me from tears from heartfelt compassion and caring to tears of joy, once again. You are truly a great man, father, husband, and friend. Blessed to know you.

When I read your thread regarding the child acting up in a public area reminded of a time I did tell a Mom to just give her child a hug. The child was tired, the Mom was tired. When I got out of the store the Mom is waiting for me in her car. I was saying "Oh No Here We Go". Instead she said "Thank You". She drove around the lot until her child fell asleep just to say that to me. Sometimes a kindness pays off big time.
May all of your kindness reward you and your family. Can't think of anyone more deserving.
Blessings and Love from Massachusetts

I've recently discovered my grow has suffered from my poor quality lighting ... and from my hanging the light too high over the canopy so I am going to ask around for suggestions before I run out and purchase one. Unfortunately, I don't have time to build one.

Basically I need a nice light ... not too expensive ... for a 4x4 grow tent. In my tent, I run the exhaust fan 24-0 so heat won't be an issue.

Thanks in advance!

CMHis tops in my book for the best compromise of features, energy efficiency, penetration, coverage, spectrum, etc;... You can find them for $150 or less. I spent a bit more for the Grower's Choice brand but you can modify watts from 195 to 245 to 315 to an overdrive that will wear the light out faster and never has gotten too hot - I can touch the hood and not burn myself with it on 315 watts. Just my 2 cents.

Dear Mr. Alafornia, you have brought me from tears from heartfelt compassion and caring to tears of joy, once again. You are truly a great man, father, husband, and friend. Blessed to know you.

When I read your thread regarding the child acting up in a public area reminded of a time I did tell a Mom to just give her child a hug. The child was tired, the Mom was tired. When I got out of the store the Mom is waiting for me in her car. I was saying "Oh No Here We Go". Instead she said "Thank You". She drove around the lot until her child fell asleep just to say that to me. Sometimes a kindness pays off big time.
May all of your kindness reward you and your family. Can't think of anyone more deserving.
Blessings and Love from Massachusetts

Thank you. A kind word goes a long way.

The younger son told me last night and again this morning his gums were bothering him. I don't know how much this has played into the issues of the last couple of days but all is well today. Taught him warm salt water rinses again. Of course all the dental offices are closed today. Will have to call on Monday and get an appt. Working to get him an antibiotic today. Poor fella.

@Tangled lost a dear friend today. She's heartbroken.

Lunch pics

F3FDE63A-0F90-4987-A3EF-653FD68EB303.jpeg
4523C174-F631-47C6-BE3C-FEDC4720BBA8.jpeg

Hello and good evening from UK, Al' (n all :high-five: )
Hope recovery is swift for you both.

PLs send @Tangled my deepest sympathies. Loss of the ones we love and are close to is a very surreal experience of reality. Sending virtual hugs and love :hug::love:

Tent family looks great Al and they are well equipped to handle the brief “dry spell” :thumb:

Thanks in advance!
I don’t know anything about MH so am not commenting on Al’s recommendation, just making a differnt one. The new range of Mars Hydro LED lights are really awesome by all reports (SP-150, SP-250, TS1000, TS2000). The design is really great and quite a few members around here are using them now and really liking them. The LED tech is truly superb and Mars are rocking it really well, at a price point that’s hard to beat. I’m looking at them and getting close to the point where I’m not sure it’d be actually be cheaper to build my own. Their own recommendations for flowering out a 4x4 are probably good. @Dutchman has been using some SPs for a while and can probably give you a good wrap.

Major draws of these kinds of lights are; no fans (so quiet), next to no heat produced, very low running costs compared to other types. :Namaste:

Mr. A been praying for your son's tooth.
Reading that he was able to come to you and express his dental pain, has really moved me.
The bond of trust the two of you have is so beautiful.
Sharing a unique relationship such as that is a gift.
In our hectic world too many of us forget these moments are what is important.
Thank you for sharing.
You have helped me to realize that what would have been aggrevating 2 months ago, I treasure now.
My you have peaceful days and nights.

Rough day. Plants look good. Trimmed some clones. Not much time for anything else.

F37D383F-4941-4658-8FF5-1516214302DD.jpeg
85142DD4-0875-44C4-A372-FE92C46C746F.jpeg
2A14FD46-2F59-4644-9A16-BA6AF131D676.jpeg

Hey Al, hope you're doing well.
I haven't been around in a bit but everything is still looking healthy in there :high-five: Those pots are big, nice work on the transplants! Your training is looking good and it's sure starting to look very promising in there.

Good luck with the clones. For some reason cloning has become one of my favourite things to do when it comes to growing cannabis. Iv'e found when trying to root cuttings from the main apical stem they generally take longer to produce auxins compared to cuts taken from side branching. My last main top i cut from a Glue X Sour Grape took 23 days to root compared to the side branch cuts of the same plant that all rooted in 16 days. Also iv'e done side by side comparisons of the same clones in coco jiffy pucks and then straight into soil as you did - and the soil cut definitely took longer to root.
All in all it's good you're experimenting, as it's basically free to do and i have no doubts you will be growing from clone some time in the future.
Keep up the great work Al!

Hey Irie :cool:

... when trying to root cuttings from the main apical stem they generally take longer to produce auxins compared to cuts taken from side branching. My last main top i cut from a Glue X Sour Grape took 23 days to root compared to the side branch cuts of the same plant that all rooted in 16 days. Also ...

That’s really interesting thanks for the insights. I’m amazed how long some of mine have taken to get their roots sorted out - 5-6weeks in a couple of cases.

Rooting just takes longer for some :rolleyes: (sorry, couldn’t resist).

I thought it was down to temperatures and other variables, but where you take it from the donor plant makes a lot of sense.
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom