Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

Hey Al, hope you're doing well.
I haven't been around in a bit but everything is still looking healthy in there :high-five: Those pots are big, nice work on the transplants! Your training is looking good and it's sure starting to look very promising in there.

Good luck with the clones. For some reason cloning has become one of my favourite things to do when it comes to growing cannabis. Iv'e found when trying to root cuttings from the main apical stem they generally take longer to produce auxins compared to cuts taken from side branching. My last main top i cut from a Glue X Sour Grape took 23 days to root compared to the side branch cuts of the same plant that all rooted in 16 days. Also iv'e done side by side comparisons of the same clones in coco jiffy pucks and then straight into soil as you did - and the soil cut definitely took longer to root.
All in all it's good you're experimenting, as it's basically free to do and i have no doubts you will be growing from clone some time in the future.
Keep up the great work Al!
Well said Irie lion. My tops usually take 7/10 longer but it's worth it when she grabs.

Ala, those are some mighty fine plants you have there, sir.
So sorry it is a rough day at the homestead. Peaceful prayers always headed your way.

Thanks folks. I haven't cloned yet. I do have some special seeds that I am sure will be big hits here and will want to clone.
All this great information and watching Ala do his amazing job in inspiring.
You all have a great day.

Hey Al and tangled, my last message was very short, I was being pressed by time for getting my daughter fed and ready for bed. Then the fight was on. We made it though! :yahoo:

Death can make us or break us, it’s all a matter of how you grieve. The trick is to (I mean there is no real trick but) grieve properly. It can be really tough getting through it. When my brother passed away, I was really messed up. I got a DUI after the day he died. Young and stupid I thought alcohol would make my pain go away. Silly me for thinking that. It caused more problems then it solved. I snapped out of it, and did what I needed to do.

I guess what I’m trying to say, is you aren’t alone, and there are ways to get through death. It’s not easy, but with the help of your friends and family, it IS do-able!

We’re here for you guys for anything you need, whether it be, moral support or just for venting to get it off your chest. We listen and enjoy to help. Hope you guys have a great day!!

Mr. A been praying for your son's tooth.
Reading that he was able to come to you and express his dental pain, has really moved me.
The bond of trust the two of you have is so beautiful.
Sharing a unique relationship such as that is a gift.
In our hectic world too many of us forget these moments are what is important.
Thank you for sharing.
You have helped me to realize that what would have been aggrevating 2 months ago, I treasure now.
My you have peaceful days and nights.

There are few he really trusts...and for some reason he really trusts me. I've tried never to lie to him. If it's going to be unpleasant I say so. Someone, maybe you, said earlier on that I am a great this or that and nothing could be further from the truth. I simply try and I'm too stupid to give up, ever. We do have our way to make things happen, often times.

Hey Al, hope you're doing well.
I haven't been around in a bit but everything is still looking healthy in there :high-five: Those pots are big, nice work on the transplants! Your training is looking good and it's sure starting to look very promising in there.

Good luck with the clones. For some reason cloning has become one of my favourite things to do when it comes to growing cannabis. Iv'e found when trying to root cuttings from the main apical stem they generally take longer to produce auxins compared to cuts taken from side branching. My last main top i cut from a Glue X Sour Grape took 23 days to root compared to the side branch cuts of the same plant that all rooted in 16 days. Also iv'e done side by side comparisons of the same clones in coco jiffy pucks and then straight into soil as you did - and the soil cut definitely took longer to root.
All in all it's good you're experimenting, as it's basically free to do and i have no doubts you will be growing from clone some time in the future.
Keep up the great work Al!

Fun experiment for now. Not too worried about it either way.

Hey Irie :cool:

That’s really interesting thanks for the insights. I’m amazed how long some of mine have taken to get their roots sorted out - 5-6weeks in a couple of cases.

Rooting just takes longer for some :rolleyes: (sorry, couldn’t resist).

I thought it was down to temperatures and other variables, but where you take it from the donor plant makes a lot of sense.
:high-five:

Experience is the best teacher unless you are wise enough to learn from others. Glad everyone is so willing to share their knowledge from experience.

No way are you stupid for not giving up. That's intelligence and adaptability.
I believe it was you who mentioned before that your Dad was creative at troubleshooting and problem solving. A perfectionist at planning ahead.
Like Father, like Son.
Keep being you. You are GREAT!:circle-of-love:

No way are you stupid for not giving up. That's intelligence and adaptability.
I believe it was you who mentioned before that your Dad was creative at troubleshooting and problem solving. A perfectionist at planning ahead.
Like Father, like Son.
Keep being you. You are GREAT!:circle-of-love:

Of course, he did cut a hole in the bathroom closet floor to vent the water heater... :D made me so mad! Haha! Not the brightest move but that’s a memory I’ll never forget. I am a complete curmudgeon lately well more so than usual (before Tangled pops off about it). The challenges have been more than hope for lately. Could have been worse. Thankfully, they aren’t.

I can just picture the bathroom closet floor. We grew up with, "oops" home repairs too. Lol
There must be a wind going coast to coast for moodiness. Me too. A little short on my sense of humor and tolerance for annoyance is short. The good thing is being aware of it. Maybe it's the end of summer.
We're gonna make it through. I totally get the hope going up and down, sometime snatched away. We can't let that stop us from preserving. The nice thing is this is a 24/7 forum. You can always find someone to reach out to. Hold onto hope even it's just by a thread. Tomorrow will be here soon.

Weird weather day. We got a thunder buster with a bunch of hail. We’ve been in the nineties (makes sense - it is August) and we just made the 70’s today before a severe t-storm with wind and hail rolled in and the temp dropped into the 40’s. Now it’s in the 50’s with RH in the 70’s (what?!!!)

I went by the general store to grab a few things and noticed the bin of balls. Reminded me of when the simplest thing would make the kids happy and how many times we bought a big blue ball for the older boy only for the cat to quickly deflate both the ball and his feelings. I remember the joy of buying a hot wheels or more often matchbox car. Oh, to be little again. To figure out how to enjoy things better along the way. Wisdom comes with age so I’d likely do the same things like most of us seem to. Or maybe it is just me.

I’ve spent almost all day focusing on the teenager and his tooth pain. Antibiotic shot, new antibiotics, Tylenol, ibuprofen, salt water rinses, an extra 1:1 10mg cannabis tablet, warm cloths and warm water bottles, surgical mask to keep the cool air out, a Toradol shot. Very little relief with equal pockets of severe pain and moderate relief. After his night meds I will have managed to work in all 4 daily doses of antibiotic into a compressed time frame. Our last resort is to go to the ER and beg for something strong but I hope another 10mg 1:1 and all the rest will do it and the infection will die down. I have had little time for anything else, including Tangled or (god forbid!) myself. I took a 1 hour nap.

But I did begin to tie the plants down. I supercropped (or tried to) a couple of them. I gave every plant a good watering and they needed it. I did grab a few pictures

183E650A-6DA2-41CB-A6F8-4C17B210DA81.jpeg
CDE6EF38-2672-4276-876D-BEA323413DAA.jpeg
03282E02-D091-4DEC-AD4B-5DC5F14B7655.jpeg
7350FB94-9E9B-4B11-A8DB-DAEDD52DEDC3.jpeg
79779A2F-48EC-4531-B87F-F33C3D1E102D.jpeg
5864BDEF-D033-49A4-B4F7-C2663C8A9E13.jpeg

I didn’t tie anything to the smart bag but let the weight pull down the tops with the clips attached to the tomato wire. I gently wiggled a few between my fingers to supercrop them. Nothing broke off so that’s good! Spritzed the clones. None are dead yet.

Hey Al and tangled, my last message was very short, I was being pressed by time for getting my daughter fed and ready for bed. Then the fight was on. We made it though! :yahoo:

Death can make us or break us, it’s all a matter of how you grieve. The trick is to (I mean there is no real trick but) grieve properly. It can be really tough getting through it. When my brother passed away, I was really messed up. I got a DUI after the day he died. Young and stupid I thought alcohol would make my pain go away. Silly me for thinking that. It caused more problems then it solved. I snapped out of it, and did what I needed to do.

I guess what I’m trying to say, is you aren’t alone, and there are ways to get through death. It’s not easy, but with the help of your friends and family, it IS do-able!

We’re here for you guys for anything you need, whether it be, moral support or just for venting to get it off your chest. We listen and enjoy to help. Hope you guys have a great day!!

Had time to double back and wanted to say I'm sorry about your brother. Life isn't fair and death less so, or maybe it's just the opposite. If grieving were easy they wouldn't call it grief. I don't think we ever really move on or move past but instead learn to manage it.

Thanks to you and everyone here for being so kind and supportive. I keep saying it over and over and I'll keep on until you stop (which I hope you never do).

Hiya Ala, the girls are looking good. The missus and I have been saying special prayers for yourself and @Tangled . You all have had your plate full for quite some time. We appreciate so much your honesty in your life, and that you are doing everything in your power to keep your family healthy in a natural, God-given way. Sometimes life is a struggle, sometimes it's a war, but never give up. Take care Brother.

Hiya Ala, the girls are looking good. The missus and I have been saying special prayers for yourself and @Tangled . You all have had your plate full for quite some time. We appreciate so much your honesty in your life, and that you are doing everything in your power to keep your family healthy in a natural, God-given way. Sometimes life is a struggle, sometimes it's a war, but never give up. Take care Brother.

Thanks, Oops. We appreciate you and the missus. We're too damn hard-headed to give up; plus, "he helped Joshua, fight the battle of Jericho, yes! He helped Daniel, get out the lions den! He helped GILLIGAN, get off the island! Lord!" (My brain's other function is movie references - I bet someone knows this one)

Ala, wassup brother. I take off for a bit and drop in to see alot of sadness in the thread. Sorry about that.

Plants still looking good and i se you took clones, well done. Until next time TCB!

Glad to have you back, BR - maybe things will tilt toward good and happy again now! (pease, please, please)

It's 0400 here. I awakened to empty my bladder and nothing else. I hope the kid slept well and sleeps late and awakens pain free. All I hear right now are echoes.

Thank you for stopping by. Don't be a stranger.

Weird weather day. We got a thunder buster with a bunch of hail. We’ve been in the nineties (makes sense - it is August) and we just made the 70’s today before a severe t-storm with wind and hail rolled in and the temp dropped into the 40’s. Now it’s in the 50’s with RH in the 70’s (what?!!!)

I went by the general store to grab a few things and noticed the bin of balls. Reminded me of when the simplest thing would make the kids happy and how many times we bought a big blue ball for the older boy only for the cat to quickly deflate both the ball and his feelings. I remember the joy of buying a hot wheels or more often matchbox car. Oh, to be little again. To figure out how to enjoy things better along the way. Wisdom comes with age so I’d likely do the same things like most of us seem to. Or maybe it is just me.

I’ve spent almost all day focusing on the teenager and his tooth pain. Antibiotic shot, new antibiotics, Tylenol, ibuprofen, salt water rinses, an extra 1:1 10mg cannabis tablet, warm cloths and warm water bottles, surgical mask to keep the cool air out, a Toradol shot. Very little relief with equal pockets of severe pain and moderate relief. After his night meds I will have managed to work in all 4 daily doses of antibiotic into a compressed time frame. Our last resort is to go to the ER and beg for something strong but I hope another 10mg 1:1 and all the rest will do it and the infection will die down. I have had little time for anything else, including Tangled or (god forbid!) myself. I took a 1 hour nap.

But I did begin to tie the plants down. I supercropped (or tried to) a couple of them. I gave every plant a good watering and they needed it. I did grab a few pictures

183E650A-6DA2-41CB-A6F8-4C17B210DA81.jpeg
CDE6EF38-2672-4276-876D-BEA323413DAA.jpeg
03282E02-D091-4DEC-AD4B-5DC5F14B7655.jpeg
7350FB94-9E9B-4B11-A8DB-DAEDD52DEDC3.jpeg
79779A2F-48EC-4531-B87F-F33C3D1E102D.jpeg
5864BDEF-D033-49A4-B4F7-C2663C8A9E13.jpeg

I didn’t tie anything to the smart bag but let the weight pull down the tops with the clips attached to the tomato wire. I gently wiggled a few between my fingers to supercrop them. Nothing broke off so that’s good! Spritzed the clones. None are dead yet.
WowAl, those plants look outstanding. You are definitely a fast learner.:passitleft:
They're going to produce some incredible looking flowers with your system. Keep up the great work

I took a 1 hour nap.

Have you guys ever thought of finding a trust worthy care giver, to allow you and @Tangled to go on a date..? Or god forbid get a good nights rest? Is that do able? Shoot I don’t know, I know a good nights rest is nearly impossible for myself, but then again I don’t have the responsibilities that you and tangled carry. Just a thought! Thought it would be good for you guys to get out once and enjoy each other’s company with no responsibility. Might harder said then done.

focusing on the teenager and his tooth pain.

Have you tried oral gel? Can you buy that stuff where you are?

. I remember the joy of buying a hot wheels or more often matchbox car. Oh, to be little again

I remember that joy. Ohhh the feels! :circle-of-love:

Had time to double back and wanted to say I'm sorry about your brother. Life isn't fair and death less so, or maybe it's just the opposite. If grieving were easy they wouldn't call it grief. I don't think we ever really move on or move past but instead learn to manage it.

Thanks to you and everyone here for being so kind and supportive. I keep saying it over and over and I'll keep on until you stop (which I hope you never do).

Yes like BR said it had gotten to be a really sad topic, with joy, comes other emotions as well. The topic will vear away from all the sad eventual.

Thank you for the kind words. My brother went to school for 8 years, just to graduate as mechanical engineer. His dream job. That’s when the cancer decided to come back. It happened fast, too fast. He passed away a couple weeks before his wedding with his fiancé. I ended up getting really drunk that night of his supposed to be wedding, put my leg through a window, ended up with over a metre of lacerations on my leg, over 300 stitches and I tell everyone that sees my scars that I was bit by a shark. That’s a cooler story then the real one. When I went into shock the morning after, I never ever want to have to go through again. Just terrible! The healing process it took I could have lived with, but the shock I went into the morning after was absolutely terrifying.

Now I’m rambling, my apologies. I have a picture of my leg if anyone is interested, it’s pretty graphic so I’ll maybe hold off on the picture.:laughtwo:

Your plants are looking good Al! Your clones are still standing, I’m impressed!! :thumb:

Do you have any plan on when your going to start flowering? I understand your wanting to wait till the lower branches catch up, but was just wondering if you have a game plan on when to start flowering?

Do you have another isolated spot to keep your clones and vegging plants? Cause I imagine your wanting to have a perpetual grow setup am I right? I know you have a lot on your plate, but it is, something you should start to think about.:thumb:

Good chattin with you al and tangled! :ciao:

WowAl, those plants look outstanding. You are definitely a fast learner.:passitleft:
They're going to produce some incredible looking flowers with your system. Keep up the great work

Thanks, @Sparkey224 . I'm looking forward to flowers.

Have you guys ever thought of finding a trust worthy care giver, to allow you and @Tangled to go on a date..? Or god forbid get a good nights rest? Is that do able? Shoot I don’t know, I know a good nights rest is nearly impossible for myself, but then again I don’t have the responsibilities that you and tangled carry. Just a thought! Thought it would be good for you guys to get out once and enjoy each other’s company with no responsibility. Might harder said then done.

Have you tried oral gel? Can you buy that stuff where you are?

I remember that joy. Ohhh the feels! :circle-of-love:

Yes like BR said it had gotten to be a really sad topic, with joy, comes other emotions as well. The topic will vear away from all the sad eventual.

Thank you for the kind words. My brother went to school for 8 years, just to graduate as mechanical engineer. His dream job. That’s when the cancer decided to come back. It happened fast, too fast. He passed away a couple weeks before his wedding with his fiancé. I ended up getting really drunk that night of his supposed to be wedding, put my leg through a window, ended up with over a metre of lacerations on my leg, over 300 stitches and I tell everyone that sees my scars that I was bit by a shark. That’s a cooler story then the real one. When I went into shock the morning after, I never ever want to have to go through again. Just terrible! The healing process it took I could have lived with, but the shock I went into the morning after was absolutely terrifying.

Now I’m rambling, my apologies. I have a picture of my leg if anyone is interested, it’s pretty graphic so I’ll maybe hold off on the picture.:laughtwo:

Your plants are looking good Al! Your clones are still standing, I’m impressed!! :thumb:

Do you have any plan on when your going to start flowering? I understand your wanting to wait till the lower branches catch up, but was just wondering if you have a game plan on when to start flowering?

Do you have another isolated spot to keep your clones and vegging plants? Cause I imagine your wanting to have a perpetual grow setup am I right? I know you have a lot on your plate, but it is, something you should start to think about.:thumb:

Good chattin with you al and tangled! :ciao:

We do go out on rare occasion by ourselves and since both are high functioning planning ahead is the key there. A sitter really isn't needed and might be counterproductive.

Tried oragel but helped a very short period of time before seemingly making it worse.

Sorry about your brother as well. The relationship with mine is beyond repair and always will be - and that's all I got to say about that (thanks, Forrest).

I am thinking within a few weeks we'll have to flip. @Tangled is on me about a flowering tent but as I've said before I take my time with these things. There are four I'm considering: the 5x10 I wanted has been out of stock - happened before and I waited to long after restocked. Was trying to wait on it. The other is a quite similar different brand. The third is a 4x8 of the same brand I have now and wanted in a 5x10, and the fourth is a 4x8 from Mars Hydro whose quality appears very good. I'm going to have to decide soon. When I get the flower tent I can move each plant when it's time. Then I'll keep one light in the veg tent and two in the flower tent.

His tooth pain appears to be greatly improved. He took tylenol on his own, I cooked some noodles for him (soft), and I gave him the cann-tab and antibiotic and some ibuprofen to take in a bit to stay ahead of it. He seems comfortable. I'm relieved and am going to have to figure out how to get some rest. I did get back to sleep some earlier. That helps. Going to check on the plants soon.

I’m going to break this into a few posts. I’ll try tonight to upload some pics into the media section.

I got started and had to break off a bit to feed the boy again but was able to come back and finish. Before I got up to get started I had to leave this face:

10379296-1FFA-45F2-AE8C-5AF9FB7D8890.jpeg

The humidity in the tent was 64%! It’s cool today so that helps. It’ll be hot again soon enough with single digit RH again.

I checked on the clones and they are good. Pics later today.

The tent prior to getting started:

0E6A010E-92BC-4CBC-963F-DD065F91FC8C.jpeg
9CEC506B-E425-41A8-8CDD-CAF82A8A5DDF.jpeg

I did some work and took some sectional/small group/single row pics:

030EABEB-B1D2-4500-B222-4CBAC2218C49.jpeg
AC4370A0-7175-4AFF-A4EE-F0DA7DA10618.jpeg
5174F2AC-32A0-4885-8B0F-35C8B6B96B8A.jpeg
6D2C47DE-0C48-46A2-827F-4F6DF1FC6FE6.jpeg

More below. .

I did some more tying down and some version of lollipopping/super cropping and took some more pics before deciding I wasn’t finished

Westley

9817E2A4-7A10-49B4-8C36-8BD5A6C32170.jpeg

Nikita

7936A3B5-89B4-40F3-8C3E-85DDFD8B4295.jpeg

MH1

CEA7E621-BEF7-4B1C-9BC7-9FE095422E78.jpeg

Orange Sherbet

11BE1B8F-0615-445B-BC36-70533FCC77E3.jpeg

Northern Lights

44E8209A-857E-4133-8B68-85CF42F7649C.jpeg

Blueberry

19DB3B04-DEFB-4603-A832-D4CEFD1A3A2A.jpeg