Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

Hey Al I use these use these under my fabric pots.
725675-01.jpg

They are called pot elevators I put them in 14 inch saucers to catch the run off. The runoff collects in the saucers and evaporates by the time I water again. Keeps my pots out of the runoff so I don't overwater and allows for airflow all around the pot.

If those taco leaves are just near the top it's light stress if it is all over the plant it's heat stress.
Congrats on the flip Al can't wait to see those flowers.

I have 17” trays and they came to the edge of the 10 gal smart bags. :D all the plants are on casters. I’ll get a pic of one tonight. I like the wheels as I can move them around with relative ease.

The curled leaves are all over so probably heat.

Hey @N420 thanks for posting that - they look great!

I didn’t think I’d seen any flat on the floor Ala, so that’s good... no wet feet. The grow bags and cloth pots are interesting. Some folks swear by them and have great success and others hate ‘em or have all sorts of problems. It’s a curious phenomenon. I tried one once and didn’t care for it much - I don’t like hoe much the root ball gets disturbed when I move the pots, that doesn’t happen so much in hard pots. But Shed schlepps his around twice a day and still grows great plants so, go figure. Are you finding any preferred option between the 2 yet?

I’ll let you know when we get through flower. No preference yet. :)

Hey Al I use these use these under my fabric pots.
725675-01.jpg

They are called pot elevators I put them in 14 inch saucers to catch the run off. The runoff collects in the saucers and evaporates by the time I water again. Keeps my pots out of the runoff so I don't overwater and allows for airflow all around the pot.

If those taco leaves are just near the top it's light stress if it is all over the plant it's heat stress.
Congrats on the flip Al can't wait to see those flowers.

Last time I was at the hydroponic store I was going to buy those, but never did, because I have something similar, works the exact same just don’t have a third one for my third plant. They are nice though eh? :thumb:

I didn’t think I’d seen any flat on the floor Ala, so that’s good... no wet feet. The grow bags and cloth pots are interesting. Some folks swear by them and have great success and others hate ‘em or have all sorts of problems. It’s a curious phenomenon. I tried one once and didn’t care for it much - I don’t like hoe much the root ball gets disturbed when I move the pots, that doesn’t happen so much in hard pots. But Shed schlepps his around twice a day and still grows great plants so, go figure. Are you finding any preferred option between the 2 yet?

IMO, they are great!

Allows more oxygen to get to the roots, rather then plastic. They are also supposed to be designed to make the roots work away from the outter edge of the pot, never allowing them to get root bound.

Last time I dug my roots out, there were some that touched the outter edge but nothing like I would see in a plastic pot. once the soil is settled, it makes a solid form of the shape it’s in and probably won’t disrupt the roots like you were saying when being picked up.

Food for thought! :thumb:

I didn't do the smart bags until I up-potted for the last time with them. I don't think I'd like getting them out of those bags in one piece.

I'll be going to check on them soon.

Last time I was at the hydroponic store I was going to buy those, but never did, because I have something similar, works the exact same just don’t have a third one for my third plant. They are nice though eh? :thumb:
I got mine at my local hydro shop. Before I had them I was pulling the plants out and watering them in the saucers but it was messy and would always get runoff in the tent it was a pain in the a** Now I leave them on the elevators and pull them over to water them it is so much better.
IMO, they are great!

Allows more oxygen to get to the roots, rather then plastic. They are also supposed to be designed to make the roots work away from the outter edge of the pot, never allowing them to get root bound.

Last time I dug my roots out, there were some that touched the outter edge but nothing like I would see in a plastic pot. once the soil is settled, it makes a solid form of the shape it’s in and probably won’t disrupt the roots like you were saying when being picked up.

Food for thought! :thumb:
I'm with backlipslide I love them used both found it alot easier to overwater with plastic because they take longer to dry out because of less airflow to the roots. They air prune the roots being in fabric once the root gets to the outside of the pot the root splits itself into 2 and continues this as more and more roots split creating many more roots. I always heard about disturbing the roots by moving the pots around I have always moved mine around and never had an issue. They can get root bound trust me on that one.

Found all my casters in the rainforest. :D

don't think I'd like getting them out of those bags in one piece.
@InTheShed is your guy for that tech! He has ways ;)

Some folks actually just plant one cloth bag into a bigger one and let the roots just grow right on through, which they do when there’s no air exposure (which is what makes them die-off at the edges of the cloths pots/air-pots).

I usually veg In 1 gallon fabric pots to get them out I roll the sides down slowly until I get to the bottom them pull out the rootball. If it has a well established roots it stays together. The fabric pots I have now have velcro on one side you can open them up easy and the rootball comes out no problem.

The two plants look better tonight with some green coming back into the newer growth and the leaves less curly. Yay.

Also, the forecast has a high in the upper 70’s next weekend. Yay!

My gremlin has struck once again so I am using electrical tape to hold the switch in place. If that doesn’t work I’m filing for a protection order from the spirit world because no one should be able to get in there. The tent temp was 86 Vulcan degrees. It’s now down to 82 and falling.

Got pics of the casters. Exciting. :D lots more to boot. Enjoy.

Clone update:

The remaining early clones seem to be doing well. The new OGKCBD and one BB look good and OS and the first BB not so much. Hopefully they perk up.

02D05D70-4284-4568-8D22-492FC07561FC.jpeg
68224961-8F76-43DB-8CBA-769E6034D08A.jpeg
058F7D84-6386-4993-9ADC-5E08DE1863A8.jpeg
DE256400-39D6-4FFA-B5E7-35D362AD99BC.jpeg
7A001C2F-BC64-456A-862F-172CAA4287C6.jpeg
370BEE60-4A48-46AF-81F6-CA88176D6178.jpeg

A few pics from the flower tent.

9BEF3D0E-9B95-48B0-9934-67F5D29CC4D1.jpeg
018684F8-A166-48F6-A2CD-4C3FDCDD2AE2.jpeg
66335523-2BFD-4B0A-9942-D19A0F312DD7.jpeg
31770970-EF3A-47B5-9DC3-031EFDE06652.jpeg
4769D8CA-79B3-4145-808A-96292C3524A1.jpeg
AD81B135-2C62-4A4B-9D6F-0FB99537C915.jpeg
ED03254A-ACBE-47A8-BC37-30054477D9C8.png
309F45B9-D3C5-490C-93E8-91014D599892.png

One pic of the flower tent tonight.

Threw away two clones: Orange Sherbet and one of two Blueberry clones. I have more seeds so meh.

32C82A48-4A7B-48F6-BF52-925DE9B71CF9.jpeg

Heya Al, I think I know what your prob was. The trays, they catch the water but also allow salts flushed out at water usually to collect and get sucked back into the pot.
Combine an uptake of extra salts, too hot, neem , combined caused burnand mega cupping.
Aircon also drys the air out keeping humidity low, all that will make leaves cup, but especially salts do it. Put a big bowl of water in the room.

Have had it in coco before, I did same thing with trays....hehe. I know your not in coco, but same salt thing applies.
Your going well mate, these things make us better growers.

I agree with everything except the salts as the pots were sitting on casters inside the trays. I think the main thing was heat. Struggling with that even today as it got up to 88 but I did give extra water last night. By this weekend the highs will be upper 70's so just have to hold out until then. I was able to bump up the veg tent exhaust fan pushing air to the flower tent so maybe that will help tomorrow. My ducts came today so hooked up the second intake filter on the veg tent and closed the mesh screen there. Just a frustrating week all around.

Just a frustrating week all around.
I think the upcoming cooler weather will solve the problem...your plants actually look damn good, even with the heat they've been in.
I'm battling heat too,been 86f in the box for the last two days-they say cooler weather is coming-I'll believe it when I see it...

Back
Top Bottom