Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

OK. Here we go! Today is Day 9 of 12/12

The branch on NL I accidentally bent is already turned upward. I’m pointing at it in the picture.

Pic of the clones then just foolin'/toolin' around a bit. On a couple you can see Nikita's "top" springing up from the bottom of the plant since I never really topped her.

Hi Mr. A. Missed so much over the past week or so. They all look so great. You flipped. Woohoo! Now the real "growing up" is going to happen.
Glad your human and plant families are well.
I was thinking, since the plants now have more space, they don't have each other's close proximity to share humidity and shade. Could that have added to heat stress on the roots as well?
If so, could watering them at a certain time before or after going in the new tent have helped keep that from happening?

Hi Mr. A. Missed so much over the past week or so. They all look so great. You flipped. Woohoo! Now the real "growing up" is going to happen.
Glad your human and plant families are well.
I was thinking, since the plants now have more space, they don't have each other's close proximity to share humidity and shade. Could that have added to heat stress on the roots as well?
If so, could watering them at a certain time before or after going in the new tent have helped keep that from happening?

Good question, @Newfun . BTW, it is so good to have you back. Hope all is well there. Also, hope your hubby is doing well. I know stress can make things worse. My mother was terribly paranoid for some time after my father's death. The CBD has helped with that.

If I recall correctly, I sprayed with neem/safer and allowed to dry and watered all the plants on the day I moved them and before I flipped them. Between the heat, light being too close, the sprays, and perhaps watering too much they were just going to suffer. Being next to the fan may have not been good either. Once I moved the affected plants to the other end and tended to them closely for a few days they began to recover and seem well on their way now. These plants really are hardy weeds.

I don't know the answer to the question when its comes down to it. I just botched the move and had to scramble to minimize the damage.

I have some work to do to winterize the garage/grow space to avoid future low temp problems.

Let me say again how good it is to have you back. You were missed.

Hey Ala :ciao: Looking great :thumb: All the new growth is super healthy. You could un-accidentally ;) bend a few more of the taller branches down. It might let you get the lights closer to the lower canopy levels, if you wanna. You I got not care to at this stage, and that’s fine too :)

If my count is correct this is three nights in a row my son has taken his night meds. It also seems he may have been taking his day meds which is just the cannabis from his brother's stash, which is in the kitchen instead of my room, for at least some days. He still won't talk to me much at all yet, but at least we seem to be on the right track again, medication-wise.

@Tangled and I attended the local episcopal church today for the second time in several months. Otherwise we haven't been in years. It all seems strange to me as I grew up pentecostal and there's no real Sunday "school" classes. As fate would have it, my son's favorite teacher handles service when the priest goes to his other church and does music on the other days.

Hey Ala :ciao: Looking great :thumb: All the new growth is super healthy. You could un-accidentally ;) bend a few more of the taller branches down. It might let you get the lights closer to the lower canopy levels, if you wanna. You I got not care to at this stage, and that’s fine too :)

Considered it today. Might still do it. Also have more binder clips and tomato wire (that thick green stuff, as if you didn't know) to do some tying down. Was concerned this might not be a good time.

Knock on wood, but I haven't seen a white fly for a while. Getting the temps into the 60's at night may have helped with that.

Thanks, Amy. I appreciate the advice.

Lookin good Al and tangled!

At first the pop and chips were out, but now the actual party has started, and the alcoholic beverages are being passed around! :yahoo: :party::party::party:

I'll take some Grey Goose, then!

Quick pic for lunch. The middles are beginning to fill in.
BA55572B-1B54-4F36-939A-340C4F60A794.jpeg
7DADE76D-1733-44E2-BC28-AD622E3A6B38.jpeg

Hey Al! Looking great in your garden :high-five: You must be so excited to see some flowers in there!

A few leaves here and there during stretch is fine, but you want to make sure the plant doesn't feel compelled to replace them — which is why we don't take many when we want the last push in vertical growth happening. And after stretch is the best time to prepare the plant for final flowering as N mentioned. That's also the time to take off any lower growth if you want to join my #nolarf club :). I aim to push all flowering to the tops by taking off as much as possible down under.

Hey Al! Looking great in your garden :high-five: You must be so excited to see some flowers in there!

Thanks, irie. Yes. Excited. Stoked. Relieved.

A few leaves here and there during stretch is fine, but you want to make sure the plant doesn't feel compelled to replace them — which is why we don't take many when we want the last push in vertical growth happening. And after stretch is the best time to prepare the plant for final flowering as N mentioned. That's also the time to take off any lower growth if you want to join my #nolarf club :). I aim to push all flowering to the tops by taking off as much as possible down under.

Thanks, Shed. I felt compelled due to the issues we had to remove some now while leaving (haha) as many on as possible. Some would have come off regardless of what I did and in my mind some represented more of a threat than a help to the plants. If not for that I would have left them all alone.

I'm hoping I can get things more evened out but I'll probably experiment a bit this time just to see what happens and learn from it. I can't believe how much I've learned so far and know I'll learn a lot in this stage as well.

Back
Top Bottom