Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

Good evening. Much cooler temps today - around 72 for the high with humidities at a low of 23% but mostly in the 30s to 40s today. Tent temps were in line with that but a little warmer - about 80 - in the flower tent. The high tomorrow will be in the mid 60s. It will warm up to 80 later in the week but the trend is downward. Lows in the 30s and 40s.

Nikita, Westley, and Northern Lights were watered tonight.

My youngest son had a rough start today again but was able to self-regulate and go to school.

I am so ready to get this grow done and make medicine. I pray it does what I think and hope it will do for him.

Pictures below:

Hey Mr. A and Ms. T and family. Sounds like things are pretty smooth with the new school year. Prayers always headed your way.
I was wondering if it was coincidence for me and also for your plants that after treating for insects/powdery mildew on my outdoor ladies, I noticed several areas that leaves changed once treated. Could the Neem just make damaged leaves show up fast after treatment? Or is it just coincidence?
I for one am in awe of your lovely garden. Your green thumb has been waiting so long for a chance to have a garden. This is exciting. (Go Westley!).

Looking great Al! :high-five:

Not too much longer to go!

Thanks! Feels like forever. :D

Hey Mr. A and Ms. T and family. Sounds like things are pretty smooth with the new school year. Prayers always headed your way.
I was wondering if it was coincidence for me and also for your plants that after treating for insects/powdery mildew on my outdoor ladies, I noticed several areas that leaves changed once treated. Could the Neem just make damaged leaves show up fast after treatment? Or is it just coincidence?
I for one am in awe of your lovely garden. Your green thumb has been waiting so long for a chance to have a garden. This is exciting. (Go Westley!).

Thanks, Newfun. Knock on wood, this year is better than years past even with the issues we've had.

My take is that the sprays had something to do with it, just not sure what or how.

Westley is nearly as tall as any of the others. Good branches are reaching up from all over. I want to enter her in the Plant of the Month contest when it's all said and done - one pic of her almost dead and another with glorious nugs everywhere!

Hope everyone your way is doing well.

If you're anxious now, wait until you're twiddling your thumbs waiting for trichomes to go cloudy! Growing has taught me almost as much patience as children did :).

PM kills the leaves where it grows even after you kill the PM, so that might be part of what you see. This is a bud that had PM on it:

If I’m struggling with humidity will PM still grow? Humidity has been mainly in the 30-40s in the tent with some rare excursions into the 20s and 50s.

BTW, I took to heart the advice from you and Amy. I had felt the urge but was afraid to do it before you guys spoke up. And I have pictures.

P.S. I did have to pull just a very few more dead/dying leaves off. I’m open to the possibility and even more glad that I took off some leaves earlier.

Alright. I watered Orange Sherbet today. I did supercropping on OG Kush CBD, Nikita, Westley, Orange Sherbet, and Northern Lights. I broke a branch on OS using improper technique and had to tape it and tie it to another branch. I’ll try to remove the tie tomorrow but will leave the tape.

Pictures!

I think at those RH numbers you should be fine:

Conditions Favoring Powdery Mildew
  • High relative humidity at night
  • Low relative humidity during day
  • 70-80F (22-27C) temperatures
From here.

I wouldn’t call it high at night in the tent but then what is high? If 40-50% then maybe. The highest RH in the memory is 43% on the accurite gauge. Maybe that’s enough?

I'd support the broken branch straight through harvest. It's only going to get heavier and heavier ;).

That's not high!

I am in a dry-summer continental climate (Mediterranean). It's usually pretty dry, especially in summer.

I just looked back over the last three days and while the outside RH has gotten into the 80's with the temp in the 40's at night the inside RH is much lower since the lowest temp has been in the mid-60's in the tent.

I think I found what my problem may have been on OS and NL. They were closest to the lights and I did not know to wait 24 hours after neem to put them back under the lights. I owe this knowledge to @Van Stank from his post on March 30 in his "Switch it up" journal, post #44:

Thanks guys. Yeah the dip method works great for plants in veg if you follow the directions about not putting them back under the lights for 24 hours. I have also worked a 2nd water only dip done about 12 hours after it is initially dipped in the Neem.

I use about 1-1.5 Tablespoons of neem per gallon of water for the dip in 5 gallon buckets.

Thank you, @Van Stank ! I am trying to catch up on your journal.

Back
Top Bottom