Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

I think I found what my problem may have been on OS and NL. They were closest to the lights and I did not know to wait 24 hours after neem to put them back under the lights. I owe this knowledge to @Van Stank from his post on March 30 in his "Switch it up" journal, post #44:

Thank you, @Van Stank ! I am trying to catch up on your journal.
Uh oh, do you have some plants that look like crispy critters now? Don't worry, they will grow out of it after a stunted time....almost like a reveg. Good news is will almost do a monster crop type of explosion after its done with the funk. In the future if you do the Neem dunk, do it and let the plant set off to the side away from any direct light for 10-12 hours and then give it a dunk/rinse in plain water. Swirl it around a bit and then let her dry out again before you put it under the lights. You might get a few funky leaves still, but I promise that your mites will be gone.

I will jump in here and slowly work on catching up on what I have missed in your journal Alifornia.

Uh oh, do you have some plants that look like crispy critters now? Don't worry, they will grow out of it after a stunted time....almost like a reveg. Good news is will almost do a monster crop type of explosion after its done with the funk. In the future if you do the Neem dunk, do it and let the plant set off to the side away from any direct light for 10-12 hours and then give it a dunk/rinse in plain water. Swirl it around a bit and then let her dry out again before you put it under the lights. You might get a few funky leaves still, but I promise that your mites will be gone.

I will jump in here and slowly work on catching up on what I have missed in your journal Alifornia.

Yup. Sprayed them good and let them dry and thought I was in the clear the same day I put them in the new tent but before switching light cycles a few days later. It’s been about 2 weeks give or take a day since then. Had to remove a bunch of dead and dying leaves or at least it felt like I had todo that to save them. It’s been several days since I removed the leaves and she seems to be trying to catch back up. Well really both Orange Sherbet and Northern Lights. NL is more curled and burnt and she recovered more quickly. I don’t think I rinsed them that time either. Somehow I knew the neem had something to do with it but didn’t know how.
I appreciate you sharing your knowledge. Other than pHing my water a few times I’ve done nothing other than well water, the sprays, mycorrhizae, and BT. Yes, I’m in super soil.
I feel stupid for almost killing them but relieved to have a better answer so I can avoid the same mistake.

A few pics of these girls.

And just to catch up with the other plants:

The places where I supercropped earlier today are turning back up and flower site down the branches are coming on up. They look pretty good to me.

I follow this page called “the dad” on Instagram, and it constantly shows pictures of the shoes you are wearing. You’re wearing the epitome of the dad shoe. :laughtwo:

I have yet to rank that status, I’m a skateboarder till I die though, so it’s skate shoes on my feet till I expire.:snowboating:

:thumb:

Excellent! I think I tagged you here when the page numbers were still in single digits :D Glad you found it!

:thumb:
Yeah you probably did, but if was back at all in the last year it was probably during the house hunting or moving. Things are finally starting to slow down enough that I am finally getting back into a regular routine on here again.

Just a note about the old pictures in the post above: the labels are reversed so that the one labeled OS is NL and NL is actually OS.

so it’s skate shoes on my feet till I expire.
20190911_140756.jpg

My son said it's okay if I wear Vans, so I have two pair. Haven't been on a skateboard since I used one to get around in college though...1980. I still have it: Val Surf!

20190911_140756.jpg

My son said it's okay if I wear Vans, so I have two pair. Haven't been on a skateboard since I used one to get around in college though...1980. I still have it: Val Surf!
:rofl:
Your son said it was okay to wear them? Lol that’s funny!!

At least your son allows you to look cool in vans! :cool:

Vans are one of my most favourite skate shoes of all time. Super light, very durable, and oh my gosh! Sooooo comfy! Good thing I don’t skate as hard as I used to, it’s been a few years since I bought a new pair! :laughtwo:

I still have it: Val Surf!
Did you surf as well?

That’s something I’ve never done. I’ve tried an artificial wave at the west Edmonton mall water park once, got up to my feet first try, but fell, hard, shortly after that. I was a cheap ass, and only paid for three attempts, she let me go a couple more times, but They weren’t spectacular.

Did you surf as well?
I’m a surfer! :D :surf: Albeit currently landlocked by illness. I have a 9’3” longboard and an 8’6” mini-mal made in the 70s, both hand shaped, beautiful boards. My partner takes out my longboard now so I’m always happy to know it’s been riding waves seeing as I cant take it out anymore. It was like a double sadness while it was mostly collecting dust. The 8’6” I haven’t ridden yet. I discovered it at a garage sale not long before I became unable to surf and it was being repaired. I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to ride it, but I just can’t let it go! Yet. It’s made by a pretty famous shaper from that era and is a real beauty.

I used to skate, had a tiny yellow skateboard shaped like a fish throught the 70s. One of my buddy’s was actually runner up Australian skate champion in the late 70s sometime... or 80s maybe. I didn’t know him then - but I’ve walked into skate shops with him in recent years and he got pretty royal treatment! He has great stories about busting into abandoned swimming pools and camping out there for days just skating and smoking weed and listening to music.

Hey Ala... All is coming along well eh! Had to follow that tangent... made me think of surfing :love:

That's awesome @Amy Gardner !
I was a casual boarder in the mid 70's, small town, no swimming pools...ever and to this day so that passed me by, still wear the shoes though!
Partial roller skater too, was hardly good at it but always went back to the skate board!

I follow this page called “the dad” on Instagram, and it constantly shows pictures of the shoes you are wearing. You’re wearing the epitome of the dad shoe. :laughtwo:

I have yet to rank that status, I’m a skateboarder till I die though, so it’s skate shoes on my feet till I expire.:snowboating:

Haha! Those are my old shoes. I'm kickin' NB's now. :D

Yeah you probably did, but if was back at all in the last year it was probably during the house hunting or moving. Things are finally starting to slow down enough that I am finally getting back into a regular routine on here again.

Just glad to have you. Hope all is settled down for you now.

:rofl:
Your son said it was okay to wear them? Lol that’s funny!!

At least your son allows you to look cool in vans! :cool:

Vans are one of my most favourite skate shoes of all time. Super light, very durable, and oh my gosh! Sooooo comfy! Good thing I don’t skate as hard as I used to, it’s been a few years since I bought a new pair! :laughtwo:

I am in the market for new shoes but I walk a lot so need good soles.

I bet the chicks digged it!

Or, I mean, the wife did anyways lol! :laughtwo:

Sorry @Alafornia not trying to thread jack! :adore:

I'm enjoying the convo.

I’m a surfer! :D :surf: Albeit currently landlocked by illness. I have a 9’3” longboard and an 8’6” mini-mal made in the 70s, both hand shaped, beautiful boards. My partner takes out my longboard now so I’m always happy to know it’s been riding waves seeing as I cant take it out anymore. It was like a double sadness while it was mostly collecting dust. The 8’6” I haven’t ridden yet. I discovered it at a garage sale not long before I became unable to surf and it was being repaired. I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to ride it, but I just can’t let it go! Yet. It’s made by a pretty famous shaper from that era and is a real beauty.

I used to skate, had a tiny yellow skateboard shaped like a fish throught the 70s. One of my buddy’s was actually runner up Australian skate champion in the late 70s sometime... or 80s maybe. I didn’t know him then - but I’ve walked into skate shops with him in recent years and he got pretty royal treatment! He has great stories about busting into abandoned swimming pools and camping out there for days just skating and smoking weed and listening to music.

Hey Ala... All is coming along well eh! Had to follow that tangent... made me think of surfing :love:

Not sure I could skate or surf without killing myself somehow.

I have an acquaintance who is an old pro surfer and hangs out with the likes of Terry Pressley, Bernie Crouch, Jimmy Lane, and Bobby Owens. I didn't know who any of those people were before he mentioned them.

Thanks for sharing, guys!

The outside temp only got into the low 70's today but the tent got up to 88 again. Ugh. I watered everyone. pH'd the water to 6.7 using vinegar. We have a few more warm days and then a cooling trend again.

As usual, I have pics.

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing that! :adore:

6EDF3620-990C-4DC7-A4EE-F7A0807C5763.jpeg

Is that the skateboard you rode?

Close to it?

That’s too bad you can’t get out and feel the rush of that wave pushing you along anymore! There isn’t much now a days that makes a person feel “free” anymore, but that’s about as close as it gets! Being one with the natural wave, pushing you along, feeling the air between your hair, with the sun barreling down on your shoulders... damn I need to get to the coast and learn how to surf. Being in Alberta, I don’t see the ocean all that much. I’ve also tried surfing behind a wake boarding boat. As soon as I let go of the rope, I ended up falling. Just couldn’t get the feel of “riding that wave”. Maybe next time I’ll get it!!

The pool crashing phase was out by the time I was into skateboarding. Street skateboarding was big when I was young. I would bugger off in the morning to skateboard, by the end of the day, I was all over the entire city, skateboarding on ever single stair/rail/gap we could find. I got older and they built a skatepark in my city, then made a bylaw where it was illegal to skate anywhere but the skate park. I guess I ruined that for the generations after me lol.

You have a great story Amy! I would love to sit down and hear all the stories that lays within your wisdom. :passitleft:

Partial roller skater too, was hardly good at it but always went back to the skate board!

I’m not calling you this, but we used to always call roller bladers, fruit booters. :laughtwo: I’m not going to lie, roller blades have got me around from time to time, but I’m glad you always went back to a skateboard. Once they built the skate park in my city, it was practically my second home.:thumb:

am in the market for new shoes but I walk a lot so need good soles

Check out vans walking shoe line. I’ve never tried them but vans are generally a really comfy shoe, the walking shoe, must be good!! I just googled it, and they look great!

Not sure I could skate or surf without killing myself somehow.

I have an acquaintance who is an old pro surfer and hangs out with the likes of Terry Pressley, Bernie Crouch, Jimmy Lane, and Bobby Owens. I didn't know who any of those people were before he mentioned them.

Thanks for sharing, guys!

Nah, you won’t kill your self. Maybe break an arm on the skate, and maybe get knocked out by the surf board. There’s always a chance of being bitten by a shark, but that chance isn’t very high :laughtwo:

You named off some legends Al! That’s impressive! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom