Alanis Morissette Cast In Weeds

Alanis Morissette has landed a recurring role in the upcoming fifth season of the Showtime series "Weeds."

The Canuck singer will play an obstetrician who treats the pregnant Nancy Botwin (played by Mary Louis Parker), whose exploits as a suburban-widow-turned-marijuana-dealer form the series' premise.

Morissette will appear in at least seven of the season's 13 episodes, which kick off on Showtime in the U.S. on June 8 and on Showcase in Canada this fall. She may also return for season six.

It's not the first time the Grammy and Juno winner is taking the thespian route. Morissette, of course, played the role of God in Kevin Smith's 1999 film "Dogma," but older fans may also remember a pre-teen Alanis making her small-screen debut on the children's show "You Can't Do That On Television" in the mid-1980s.

Her more recent TV credits include "Sex and the City," "Degrassi: The Next Generation" and "Nip/Tuck."

Morissette, who has sold more than 60 million albums worldwide, is also keeping busy with her music career. Her seventh full-length studio album, "Flavors of Entanglement," was released last year and went on to win the best pop album prize at the 2009 Juno Awards.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: andPOP
Copyright: 2009 andPOP

i can see her in the show...

i was hoping nancy wan't pregnant and it was just a old pic of of of her boys so she could buy some time with the spanish gov. before he wanted to kill her....

i can't wait for the premier.

Back
Top Bottom