Alaska Fish nutes: complete program?

Boombollie

I've used both the fish fertilizer (5-1-1, OMRI) and morbloom (0-10-10) at various periods in my life and love them...any thoughts as to just using those two for veg/flower as a base program? I've been a gardner all my life and while all the fancy stuff at various grow stores looks great and definately works, it seems awful expensive and at times a down right racket.

So yea, I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has used just the Emulsion and Morbloom.

Yes soil, and at this point it's MOSTLY outdoor, but one patient's worth (6) of plants under a 600. Not even sure we'll be fertilizing outside till 'round flower anyways. As far as stank goes....I ain't skeered of no stank; gardening generally stinks. :smokin:

Keep it simple. No doubt with all the fancy Ferts on the market it can be confusing. I have grown for the last 30+ years with very simple ferts, with great results. One does not need to buy into the fert craze to grow high quality med. weed. Most of these ferts one see's on the market are developed for profit and not much for the grower. So keep it simple, find a fert for veg and flower and you will have great bud. Trust me, me and my folks have test after test with the nutty ferts on the market and nothing works better than simple.....

Thanks Sun, glad to have all yall's input. My soil is just Willamette Valley topsoil/clay mixed with tons and tons of very nicely composted local horseshit. We dug the holes about 2.5-4 foot deep (depending on strain, etc) and about as wide, amended with a handful of bone meal around the immediate root zone area....I figure I'll be fine with just that and some alaska dosing here and again (if I ever get a chance to water...stupid rain).

Oh, and I got worms like dirtfarmer's got worms. :slide:

indoor or out?

Good Day, I also believe that simple organic soil recipes are best along with homemade ferts like fish emulsion and calmag, molasses. I do the fish inside but only a little and spread out, like every 2 or 3 weeks in water. Cheers

Fish emulsion is a great organic fertilizer for vegetative growth due to its high nitrogen content (5-1-1). It also contains some trace elements, which are beneficial for overall plant health.

Morbloom has a high phosphorus and potassium content (0-10-10), which is ideal for the flowering stage, as these nutrients support bud development.

While these two could provide a basic nutrient program for your plants, you might want to consider adding a calcium and magnesium supplement (like Cal-Mag) to avoid deficiencies. Cannabis plants need a good amount of both during their life cycle, and they are not present in large amounts in either fish emulsion or morbloom.

Looked up the Morebloom, available here, price is reasonable, might pick some up at flowering time. Cheers

Hey 420, I would think this is the case, I use fish emulsion in my homemade soil, its a smorgasbord of plant goodies, never inspected the PH after inoculation, its like you say, the plants really seem to like it. There happy I'm happy, Cheers mate

Boombollie, I grow outside during summer, auto flowers, in big pots, organic soil mix, in my water i add a little magnesium salt, homemade calcium solution, a little molasses and fish emulsion to my water every feeding, plants turn out very healthy and love it. I slide a cover over the pots to protect the soil from rain sun and pests. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom