Alaska Fish nutes: complete program?

Boombollie, I felt the same about the amount of money one could spend IOT to make their first grow a success. I think you are miles ahead and richer for your concern, took me a while to see the light. Cheers

The pH comes out crazy but the plants don't seem to mind. Is this because it's organic?
Because "what" is organic?

If the grower is using a soil mix that contains a good amount of compost with particles of dirt mixed in with the decomposed organic materials then "yes, the plants will not mind the fluctuations in the pH of the liquids going in". As long as the pH is between something like 5.5 and 6.5 it is easy for the soil to cause the pH to slowly change through the range needed for better nutrient uptake.

Or is it because the Fish Fertilizer is an organic input that the plants do not mind the changes in pH. The MorBloom is not considered to be an organic fertilizer.

Boombollie, I grow outside during summer, auto flowers, in big pots, organic soil mix, in my water i add a little magnesium salt, homemade calcium solution, a little molasses and fish emulsion to my water every feeding, plants turn out very healthy and love it. I slide a cover over the pots to protect the soil from rain sun and pests. Cheers
Howdy no bio char? Check that out as an addition some time its GOOD for your soil for ciaton exchange and a microbe hotel ✌️

Howdy no bio char? Check that out as an addition some time its GOOD for your soil for ciaton exchange and a microbe hotel ✌️
Hello seaofgreen, as close to biochar as i get, I put a couple of shovels of ashes from my burnpit, don't think its a ciaton hotel but easy on the pocket book. Cheers

they do have a good nutrient line -- need to watch the feeding - believe they have Kelp also
I am always looking for any new sources of Potassium and especially if it is from Kelp. It does not matter whether it is dry like Kelp Meal or a liquid mixture. Checked through the listing of fertilizers from the Pennington Seed Company, the parent company for Alaska Fish and MorBloom and could not find a Kelp product but did notice a supplement with B1 and added nutrients that they call their Starter Blend fertilizer.

I kept digging around and got the impression that you might be thinking of the Neptune's Harvest line of organic sourced fertilizers. Other than the fancy artwork on the label it looks like the same sort of packaging as the Alaska Fish or MorBloom. They have plant food that they call Fish and Seaweed Fertilizer (2-3-1) along with a standard fish one called Hydrolyzed Fish Fertilizer (2-4-1) and then a stand alone Seaweed Plant Food (0-0-1).

I did the Alaska for awhile it was good but i prefer this because of the suspension of the char but i switch back and forth they have a reg fish and crab blend good tea brewing fish and it lasts quite awhile.
Dr Ingram has a good pod cast on YouTube About fish emulsion and it's oils i guess some of the fish oil goes for Alot of cash✌️

IMG20231223104742.jpg

Thanks, These products seem great, I have a stick that fits the nozzle with just enough space to spare, after dipping makes a nice stir stick with nutes attached. Wish I was still living near the ocean where the stench of rotting seaweed used to force us to go to the pub for the day, I would make my own. Cheers Happy Growing

Will check out your grows and posts my next outing. Cheers again

Because "what" is organic?

If the grower is using a soil mix that contains a good amount of compost with particles of dirt mixed in with the decomposed organic materials then "yes, the plants will not mind the fluctuations in the pH of the liquids going in". As long as the pH is between something like 5.5 and 6.5 it is easy for the soil to cause the pH to slowly change through the range needed for better nutrient uptake.

Or is it because the Fish Fertilizer is an organic input that the plants do not mind the changes in pH. The MorBloom is not considered to be an organic fertilizer.
Sorry the 5-1-1 not the bloom. It came out to 4.4 pH when mixed to product dilution recommendations. Was new so I tested everything I could paranoid that I was gonna kill. The smell was rough for about 48 hrs but plants were very green and healthy.

Good to know, I am not as cautious as some, I do have a good PH detector, I seldom take it out. I do know that my tap water is around 7 ph. I let my water climatize inside the tent for a couple of days prior to use, water comes out very cold at this time of year. The lights also gets rid of allot of unwanted chemicals in the water. I have a mix of Worm Castings, Chicken Manure, sheep manure, perlite, cheap dark soil, local sandbox sand, bone meal, blood meal, Mr. Canuks famous 4-4-4 organic blend nutes, first time trying it out, happy so far. I also let my soil climatize in the tent for a couple of weeks, off the ground, heater on automatic to keep the tent at 74 degrees. humidity is low at 27 pct, I only care about this when flowers are young, I use plastic domes over the pots to keep humidity up. Vegging in 2 gallon pots, transfer to 5 gallons a week before shifting to 12/12, again will climatize the new soil and pots inside the tent for a couple of days. Cheers

Nothin like fish for the garden to grow fish meal dry amendment ✌️

IMG20231223044837.jpg
I like the idea of fish meal, I am sure my local grow shop as some in stock, gaia green. I am sure the stink is not as strong, I cannot wait to see how my white widow turns out, lots of growth and not too stretchy, topped them, plan is to use a screen in my 5 by 5 tent, might let them veg for 2 months, move them to 5 gallon after 6 weeks. I have never purchased any skunk or cheese strains, a bit scared of the smell, I have good ventilation and an oversized carbon scrubber, how is the smell before and after flip? Cheers

I like the idea of fish meal, I am sure my local grow shop as some in stock, gaia green. I am sure the stink is not as strong,
I notice that the smell from dry powdered fish fertilizer seems strong and lasts longer than the smell from liquid fish fertilizers. Maybe part of it is because the Nitrogen content of the dry fish fertilizers is higher than the liquid ones.

I am always looking for any new sources of Potassium and especially if it is from Kelp. It does not matter whether it is dry like Kelp Meal or a liquid mixture. Checked through the listing of fertilizers from the Pennington Seed Company, the parent company for Alaska Fish and MorBloom and could not find a Kelp product but did notice a supplement with B1 and added nutrients that they call their Starter Blend fertilizer.

I kept digging around and got the impression that you might be thinking of the Neptune's Harvest line of organic sourced fertilizers. Other than the fancy artwork on the label it looks like the same sort of packaging as the Alaska Fish or MorBloom. They have plant food that they call Fish and Seaweed Fertilizer (2-3-1) along with a standard fish one called Hydrolyzed Fish Fertilizer (2-4-1) and then a stand alone Seaweed Plant Food (0-0-1).
they used to carry Kelp _ have used Neptune's Harvest line with good success _ they offer a sample pack of their line for $15.00 (+/-) there are 6 products !!! (sample pack cost might have gone a bit - sometimes I still use one or more of their products depending on stage of plant growth - Good solid company

I did the Alaska for awhile it was good but i prefer this because of the suspension of the char but i switch back and forth they have a reg fish and crab blend good tea brewing fish and it lasts quite awhile.
Dr Ingram has a good pod cast on YouTube About fish emulsion and it's oils i guess some of the fish oil goes for Alot of cash✌️

IMG20231223104742.jpg
look interesting - like to 10% BIO-CHARGE - check out "Peak Harvest" line have use their Veg and Bloom nutes - have to try their Bio-Charge line (also believe they have sample packs)

Back
Top Bottom