Alaskan Thunderfuck SOG With 315W CMH

Things are going okay. Got 4 established and a couple more taking root in the cloner. Haven't seen any more mites since a neem spray and root drench, been spraying them with plain water and letting the wind blow really hard on them too so I doubt they can get established on them. The neem seems to have burned them a little so gonna back off any more of that until they're bigger.

Trying to get my environment a little more dialed in. I've got this little humidifier, and a humidistat. So it should power it on if it's under 65% and off if it's over 75%. So far this little thing hasn't even been able to get the tent up over 55% ( ignore the 60 that's just because the door is open letting cooler air in temporarily ). I have my 440 CFM fan split between two tents and dialed down to 50% with a speed controller, and even now I think it's just the airflow is too much. I think I may just need to leave the humidifier on, and run the fan on the humidistat.

Got two more plants rooted for sure. Gonna let them get a bit larger root system before I plant them. I think I see some nubs forming on another of them.

The 4 plants I've got established seem to be doing pretty well. I will probably try to veg these to get large over the summer and flip them in the fall.

If I don't see a few more of those plants in the cloner root by this weekend, I'll pop some seeds of something. I'll probably try to flip these into 12/12 real quick, so that I can get a small amount of bud before the real hot summer months. Hopefully that way all I'll have to run during the hot months is the T5 to veg out the large plants, and have a zip or two of some more stuff to add to the stash.

Well so much for the humidifier... It keeps tripping my surge protector. Glad it was just that and not my fuse. I was going to try to buy an ultrasonic one that works with low wattage, but I have grown a lot in low humidity so it would be odd to make it a priority now. Instead I spent some money on some coco and perlite so I can do so coco hempy with these clones. Been wanting to try it for a while.

The established plants are doing pretty good. A little worried about the leaf serrations curling up like this... Generally a sign of mites. *breaks out his blow torch*

Dang I am tired. First time working with coco, second time with straight perlite. I remembered that I am supposed to rinse both. I tried ringing the perlite while it was in the hempy pots, but forgot it floats on water, so that turned out bad. Just had a bunch of perlite floating above the reservoir.

So then I had to break off some of the coco and that was a lot trickier than I expected. A saw was going too slow, so I used a kitchen knife to batton some off. Finally got it rinsed and charged and stuff planted.

I charged it with some Flora Nova Bloom and CalMag, about one teaspoon of each until it was at 225 ppm. Ph'd to 6.1 cause I was getting sick of undershooting and overshooting and 6.1 was close enough.

I also dusted the roots with azos and mykos as per usual but I feel like it shouldn't make much of a difference.

Anyway I suppose I will have to water again in the morning? People say coco dries fast, gotta keep these roots moist.

Glad to see some roots on those girls. They will green up after a week or three in the dirt once those roots get churning!
It's interesting that the clone that looked the worst up top looked the best down below. I think damage to the leaves really does drive root development.

The one in the soil pots have been growing pretty nicely, though the training is going to be weird since the cuts I took were off in all sorts of random directions. I'll have a lot of time to trim and train though.

I think only one more of these clones is going to take root so I'm thinking about planting a few seeds to fill up the rest of the pots. I only have a few feminized strains, so I'm thinking about doing a Blackberry Kush and a couple of interesting crosses I got from a grower pal. There's some "Khione" (Scott's OG x Permafrost) and some White Widow that's crossed with 1 or 4 potential fathers, White Widow, Gorilla Dawg or American Pie.

I'm really bummed out because I thought I had more ATF seeds... Like a bunch more, but I'm counting only 4 left. I don't know what the hell I did with the rest *stoner problems* At least I got this cut pretty well secured.

Ok got 3 seeds planted. One of each. The ones on the left step the Blackberry Kush.

I planted them straight into the coco. It seems like it should germ then fine. Put plastic over their tops to keep it from drying f out too fast since I hear coco is supposed to do that.

I am gonna let these last two clones do their thing. One had the tiniest start of a root I have ever seen. No sense in throwing them out yet.

The tent floor is getting kinda crowded...

...never tried it, but seems like too much babysitting for me...L'll stick to soil...cheerz...h00k... :hookah:...
Yeah seem that way. I don't know if I let them get too dry or if I precharged with too much nutrients. I'm probably gonna have to replace them with some seeds, I don't see them coming back haha

*Edit: I meant too dry. It's opposite day I guess.

Yeah seem that way. I don't know if I let them get too dry or if I precharged with too much nutrients. I'm probably gonna have to replace them with some seeds, I don't see them coming back haha

*Edit: I meant too dry. It's opposite day I guess.
No, I think that ship sailed!

Glad the others seem to be doing well!

No, I think that ship sailed!

Glad the others seem to be doing well!
Yeah, they're starting to look like they've got some cal/mag problems though. I don't know how... This cut just seems perpetually calcium deficient. Suppose the soil is probably low on magnesium since it's the second run with it.

Dunno if I should plant more of the same seeds or just have all different ones. I'm not gonna do much of a veg time so I don't really want to waste too many seeds on small plants if I don't have a few to spare for later. Kinda limited in how many feminized ones I have too.

Decided to feed the plants early today because they looked pretty hungry.

1/2 Tsp Flora Nova Bloom (230 ppm)
1/2 Tsp Botanicare CalMag+ (100 ppm)
1/8th Tsp Armor Si ( 14 ppm)
pH'd to 6.5
~344 PPM total

Pulled 2/3 of the clones. They weren't doing nothing really. I left one because it's still fairly green up top, and maybe it's up to something below.

My seeds are finally starting to get their cotyledons above the coco. I buried them too deep, so on the 7th day I had to kind of dig them free a big. The Khione has its cotyledons all green and open, and the other two are still kinda closed up and have just escaped the seed hull, so hopefully they open up today. Put the bags back over those two just to keep things good and moist for them, but I'm letting the Khione breath fresh air.

Should be getting my first real pH meter tomorrow. All the ones I had before were imaginary. Heh no just have always used drops or cheap meters, but the cheap ones always break on me and are never very reliable, and the color-drops skip from 5.0 straight to 6.5 and I need the coco to be somewhere in between there.

Got a humidifier today finally. Pretty nice model. The plants are in a little rough shape, was thinking magnesium deficient, but now I'm just thinking they need to be up-potted.

Yesterday I watered them with epsom salts to 280 ppm and pH'd to 6.5. Also gave them a spray with neem just in case the mites are coming back.

Planted 7 mystery seeds. Not sure if they're ATF x ATF or ATF x Bangi Haze. Trying to root them in rockwool first this time before moving them to coco.

I transplanted the plants up to 3 gallon pots today. It looked like the roots had began spiraling, but not necessarily bound. I was hoping maybe that would solve some of the color issues I'm seeing, as the increased calcium and magnesium don't seem to be helping. Perhaps I shouldn't have recycled this soil, or maybe I messed up with my amendments.

One of the ATF x ATF/BH seeds has sprouted. That makes about 3 days. I forgot to mention that I pH'd the water to 5.8 and added about 50 ppm of Flora Nova Bloom until the total ppm was 100.

Now I'm thinking that if I wait until I see roots coming out of the side of the rockwool block, and then transplant into coco, I'll have a better success rate.

Thats the way Fert, faced with defeat, re assess and kick arse!
Your onto it now, gonna be a great grow, got a good feeling....

Mate, havent used hempys yet but great aeration, so kicks arse for coco.
Heres the best tip for coco ever...

Water, let your 10-15% run off finish.
Put pot on bathroom scales. Take note.
Let top of coco dry and water when weight is half of full weight.

That will get you faster growing time, the most common problem in coco is over watering... Which creates a whole load of other probs.

Just remember as plant grows to adjust your weight so the half weight is still good.

LR72.

I got 4/7 of the new seeds sprouted. Planted two of them into straight coco last night, I'll probably plant the other two in a mix of coco/perlite.

I'm concerned with what's going on with my soil plants. Seem like my soil mix is pretty much sucked dry from that long flower. I made the mistake of transplanting into new soil and giving plain water instead of nutrient solution. Their stature has improved, but the colors are still looking pretty bad. I'm not really sure if I should wait until they're dry to feed nutrients. I might have to give them a foliar spray or something.

Back
Top Bottom