Alaskan Thunderfuck SOG With 315W CMH

Hey Ferts,
Looking good mate. The white stuff on top of coco is salts, need to drench the coco to run off, let it drain.
Dont put pots in that container where the water will collect, coco sucks it up again.....all the salts...everything you just flushed out.
Seen heaps of people do it, me included.
Dont treat coco like soil, water at ph 5.5-5.8 and let it rise by itself, as it dries leaving it about 6-6.2...run off should be about 6.5+
Dont water until pot is half of weight wet, cant go wrong then.
First coco grow is always the hardest, once you dial it....your off and can get em up fast.

Have fun.
:ganjamon::lot-o-toke:
Yeah everything is draining out from that tray into a little catch underneath. Should I do alternating feeding between plain water and with nutrients? I'm probably going to water again here when the lights come back on, it's been about a week and it feels a lot lighter, but it's still pretty moist.

Lovely mate, theyvlook better already.
Just keep feeding them as they get light like that, not too light, never completely dry, just on point.
You doing the run off is tip top, 10-15% of what you put in at least.
Feed as normal now mate, but thats the way you correct ph, over nute, salt build up, etc.
Can flush once a week, but if you dont drive them hard, 2 weeks.

Your getting the hang of coco real quick!

Nice, they just about doubled in size.
Good looking girls you have there mate.
CMH kicks arse!

Bummer. 2/4 of the coco plants are male. I'm currently debating whether I want to continue growing the second two indoors or transplant outdoor. Doesn't seem like much worth to grow them indoor aside from the continued learning experience from coco. I could throw them outside right now and have some pretty good sized plants by the end of the season. At least now I have got the feel for getting things started in coco.

I've got some clones of the ATF going. So, here's the thing about this cut... It's DEFINITELY the sativa side of the lineage because it started flowering even at just 10 hrs of darkness. I reset it to 15/9 to try to use the least amount of lighting hours possible, so let's see what happens. If they keep flowering or reveg...

But they were getting too tall and I wanted some cuts to run outdoor, so I lopped some height off them and put the cuts in the cloner. Will throw these outdoor in about a week or two when they root, and hopefully going outside they will reveg all right. I cut off one of the tops and stuck it in the cloner, wonder how that will root.

In any case, I don't know if I will want to continue growing the coco plants. See the thing is, the 315 puts out a lot of heat, and my apartment is so hot as it is. They'd be done about July so it would at least be like, maybe a half ounce to an ounce off some miniature plants. I do have these cuts rooting so I have other stuff for the outdoor garden, but yeah, I don't know. Is it worth dealing with the heat of the 315 for a few months to get a little bit of unknown-quality?

Decisions, decisions.

Looking good there Fert.
Glad you got your coco sorted.
Time maybe to veg all the outside etc, grow under CMH when it cools?
I play with plants and smoke my harvest for a few months.

hey sorry for throwing my 2 cents in unasked buuuuuut, with your clones. I would suggest cutting them through a now rather than below, I'd also suggest taking off more leaves or putting really mild nutrient in the water aswell as (if you want) some clonex, you want the plant to decide its easier for it to grow roots for nutrients than it is to cannibalize itself. not sure of your light timing but I use 24/7 because during lights on the plant is storing excess energy in the roots in the form of carbohydrates, this means they grow :) but they rooted in the end, I've had a cutting root just in a glass of water before so ya know.

Back
Top Bottom