Alaskey Purplish RDWC

Stltoed

To be honest I'm still about a week from having plants, but I usually ramble on about my hydro rig and the shed I grow in for longer than I should. If anyone sees this thread open and wonders... What the hell! Why didn't he invite me?! The formal invitations will be sent out shortly.

So! I'm growing Alaskay Purplish a very rare strain from a once popular seedbank. I will also be growing a high performance CBD strain that has a name, but I cant for the life of me remember it, in soil in a 3x3 closet. Im kinda screwing this up already... I need a nap. I'll be back

Related to Alaskan Purple?

To be honest I'm still about a week from having plants, but I usually ramble on about my hydro rig and the shed I grow in for longer than I should. If anyone sees this thread open and wonders... What the hell! Why didn't he invite me?! The formal invitations will be sent out shortly.

So! I'm growing Alaskey Purplish a very rare strain from a once popular seedbank. I will also be growing a high performance CBD strain that has a name, but I cant for the life of me remember in soil in a 3x3 closet. Im kinda screwing this up already... I need a nap. I'll be back

Good looks like your ready for another monstah grow.:goodjob::goodluck:
I couldn't find a seedbank that would take my money, have what im looking for, and not charge me more for shipping than the seeds cost. So im gonna run these freebase should be fun

I can't confirm or deny any relationship between this and Alaskan Purple... really, I guess the breeder is a problem

You spending six weeks in der kühler, too, huh? Well, that answered my question, at least. I've got a three-pack of them; the photoperiodic one. If you start a journal thread, would you @page me so that I can subscribe to it? I've been trying to decide whether to keep them or give them to someone for Christmas. If they weren't feminized, it'd be an easy decision - grow them and hope for a male ;).

After I read post #1, I watched a review of the strain by someone who'd recently harvested it. He mentioned that he grew five plants and turfed one because it was a hermaphrodite. I got the impression he didn't mean "end-of-flowering." So be vigilant, I suppose.

BtW, {verboten} doesn't produce his own seeds, so if you could figure out who does that one, you could refer to it as if it was directly from that breeder. Fast Buds does a lot of that vendor's "store-brand" autoflowering strains, for example. Wait— are we allowed to... The Vault sells Fast Buds seeds, so it's cool to mention that breeder, right?

You spending six weeks in der kühler, too, huh? Well, that answered my question, at least. I've got a three-pack of them; the photoperiodic one. If you start a journal thread, would you @page me so that I can subscribe to it? I've been trying to decide whether to keep them or give them to someone for Christmas. If they weren't feminized, it'd be an easy decision - grow them and hope for a male ;).

After I read post #1, I watched a review of the strain by someone who'd recently harvested it. He mentioned that he grew five plants and turfed one because it was a hermaphrodite. I got the impression he didn't mean "end-of-flowering." So be vigilant, I suppose.

BtW, {verboten} doesn't produce his own seeds, so if you could figure out who does that one, you could refer to it as if it was directly from that breeder. Fast Buds does a lot of that vendor's "store-brand" autoflowering strains, for example. Wait— are we allowed to... The Vault sells Fast Buds seeds, so it's cool to mention that breeder, right?

Thanks for the info. Yeah its usually no problem at all bringing up a breeder. I dont know the situation here but was told not to mention them

The one we can't— oh. Yeah I'm not sure of which guy, either :(.

50-gallon, yikes. Someone once told me a 50-gallon DWC reservoir would be capable of supporting a lemon tree. I've no idea how DWC translates into RDWC, so the same thing might or might not be true - but I'm guessing you're planning to grow a relatively large plant.

I was thinking of doing one in a small container of soil(ish), taking cuttings, and sticking them into two-liter bottles. But I couldn't figure out how to get a dark period where I might have a chance to grow. It's not my space. I suppose I could do it here and stick them into a metal trash can, but that has nearly no headroom. Solo cups would give me more distance to the "ceiling," and would limit the size of the plants nicely. But I don't know if it would limit them enough. And I just remembered the possibility of hermaphrodism - which might become a probability with such limited root space. Crap! I was wanting to grow this strain because I'd have someone else's plants to compare mine to, and because I guessed that it might handle cold temperatures reasonably well. Plus, at least one of its phenotypes supposedly has a whiff of lemon about it. Doggone it. My other "freshest" (not very) seeds are probably all high sativa types. I do have a few autoflower strains, but in limited numbers and I was hoping to save those until I could find someone who wanted a large number of autos badly enough to buy me some silver thiosulfate (or components for making it). But the one person I know "in real life" who is still growing is almost as poor as I am - and only "almost" because he's into that whole government dole thing, so he doesn't have spare cash. I'll have to take a look at the ol' seed list. I've got a good selection, but it's all single seeds for the most part, with a few "twos" here and there, and they're all old and poorly stored, meaning viability sucks and I'd probably have to attempt to germinate five strains to maybe get one plant. IDK, I'll think of something. Got the gardening itch this week. Probably just the brain trying to come up with something semi-positive for me to experience during a little whatchamacallit... fucked-up life, I guess. But I'll see what I can do. Regardless of what I end up doing in regards to strain/method, thank you for posting the thread that ended up being the impetus to advance me from thinking about doing it to actively planning the thing.

Its 50 gallons total 2 15ish gallon pots and the rest i
The one we can't— oh. Yeah I'm not sure of which guy, either :(.

50-gallon, yikes. Someone once told me a 50-gallon DWC reservoir would be capable of supporting a lemon tree. I've no idea how DWC translates into RDWC, so the same thing might or might not be true - but I'm guessing you're planning to grow a relatively large plant.

I was thinking of doing one in a small container of soil(ish), taking cuttings, and sticking them into two-liter bottles. But I couldn't figure out how to get a dark period where I might have a chance to grow. It's not my space. I suppose I could do it here and stick them into a metal trash can, but that has nearly no headroom. Solo cups would give me more distance to the "ceiling," and would limit the size of the plants nicely. But I don't know if it would limit them enough. And I just remembered the possibility of hermaphrodism - which might become a probability with such limited root space. Crap! I was wanting to grow this strain because I'd have someone else's plants to compare mine to, and because I guessed that it might handle cold temperatures reasonably well. Plus, at least one of its phenotypes supposedly has a whiff of lemon about it. Doggone it. My other "freshest" (not very) seeds are probably all high sativa types. I do have a few autoflower strains, but in limited numbers and I was hoping to save those until I could find someone who wanted a large number of autos badly enough to buy me some silver thiosulfate (or components for making it). But the one person I know "in real life" who is still growing is almost as poor as I am - and only "almost" because he's into that whole government dole thing, so he doesn't have spare cash. I'll have to take a look at the ol' seed list. I've got a good selection, but it's all single seeds for the most part, with a few "twos" here and there, and they're all old and poorly stored, meaning viability sucks and I'd probably have to attempt to germinate five strains to maybe get one plant. IDK, I'll think of something. Got the gardening itch this week. Probably just the brain trying to come up with something semi-positive for me to experience during a little whatchamacallit... fucked-up life, I guess. But I'll see what I can do. Regardless of what I end up doing in regards to strain/method, thank you for posting the thread that ended up being the impetus to advance me from thinking about doing it to actively planning the thing.
Planning is huge. I love to tweak my shed, trying to get it better. A never ending project
s res.

Well, I decided to do a video of my shed and smaller systems. So much easier than pictures and writing an explaination, and more effective I imagine. Roll tape...

Back
Top Bottom