Alaskey Purplish RDWC

So is this where we are going to hangout during the day until @oldsmokey goes to bed and we sneak over to leave brown streaks on his front lawn?
You don't need a reason to leave brown streaks. Im always open. I play 420 Magazine on my phone, so im usually pretty easy to get ahold of

I can't roll them as big as you but I try. Figured you need to break the new place in yet.
20201023_191529.jpg

:passitleft:

Haha thats great and so is going to the symphony, even if it's just a smaller local one. Get baked and listen to some instruments jam.
There was something at Griffith Observatory called Lazerium. And that was the plan... get thrashed and go watch the laser show to Pink Floyd. That was high end back then.

Why do I suddenly feel like I stumbled into the dope facebook section?

You don't need a reason to leave brown streaks.

In that case, go visit your favorite municipal water treatment plant on a graveyard shift (usually stoners), barter for some excessively strong floride solution, and fill a pump-up sprayer with it. You can write messages that could almost be "written in stone." They'll last all year.

No, don't.

i really like the flavour and the buzz as well of this strain. very pronounced flavour, tho i wont describe it cuz i never can

highly recommended if one is seeking variety

Thanks.

oh,, not near a stitch of purple

Not a problem; I don't really like purple bud.

I can't roll them as big as you but I try.

Lick one end of the paper, stick it to the other end, and stand the tube up. Fill with ground bud (use the kind end of a pencil to lightly tamp it occasionally). Depending on which paper you use, you can devastate a lid that way - and a roomful of people.

In that case, go visit your favorite municipal water treatment plant on a graveyard shift (usually stoners), barter for some excessively strong floride solution, and fill a pump-up sprayer with it. You can write messages that could almost be "written in stone." They'll last all year

I may or may not have my own set of keys, as well as, the cell phone numbers for the people watching the central alarm (9/11 everything water/wastewater got security upgrades throughout the US). However, they don't add any fluoride to the water supply. Naturally occurring fluoride is present but well below EPAs MCLs. There are definitely places that still dose it but under the MCLs.

Now they do have concentrated (12.5%) sodium hypochlorite (twice the strength of household bleach but probably half the strength of Enzyme Komplete) and it will slowly burn holes in your clothes.

I may or may not have my own set of keys, as well as, the cell phone numbers for the people watching the central alarm (9/11 everything water/wastewater got security upgrades throughout the US). However, they don't add any fluoride to the water supply. Naturally occurring fluoride is present but well below EPAs MCLs. There are definitely places that still dose it but under the MCLs.

Now they do have concentrated (12.5%) sodium hypochlorite (twice the strength of household bleach but probably half the strength of Enzyme Komplete) and it will slowly burn holes in your clothes.
Pretty sure the Enzyme Komplete manufacturing facility is now a super fund site.

So the nutrients I will be using on this trip will be as follows...

My base nutes are the Gen Hydro trio. Been using them since I started and don't see any reason for change. I did try a series from Botanicare but it didnt work out at all, I went back to the trio

I usually use Rapidstart, but Botanicare made something similar called Rhizoblast. I used it last season, but I didn't push it too hard. I will be going for it this time. It would be great to see this shit work. Its MUCH less expensive that Rapidstart, which is much less expensive that than House and Garden's Root Excelurator. If you do use House and Garden, and your in hydro,, be sure to use the silver bottle not the gold. The silver is for hydro. Ive used gold in water, with no issue, but its made for soil

I'm gonna be using Silica... big surprise right? The brand of choice will be Power Si. They have 1 for veg, and 1 for bloom Im going to use both. Pisses me off that I need to buy 2 but it is what it is. The stuff works. I'll share bud picks in a bit.

My root inoculate will be Hydroguard. I love it,

I also really like fulvic acid. I will be using Fulpower. I like this additive because I can get away with lower PPMs and end up with the same result, its also a gentle bandaid sometimes. Fulpower is the best. Ive used a few others, they work, but not like Fulpower

I have 2 Calmags. The first is Cal-Mag from Botanicare. This will be used in veg. to save the Nitro free stuff, called Flowering Calmag from Grow More. I ran Strawberry Banana for almost a year and a half. This Nitro free product REALLY helped

I'm going to use a PK booster, which will be Hula Bloom from Grow More. Its nice and gentle, kinda like Koolbloom liquid, but I got 25 pounds of it for $40. I have been using it for the past 3 grows and I like the fact my plants didn't catch fire. I look for that in an additive... I haven't even cracked the new box yet.
I may use Koolbloom dry to finish. Ive got a grip of it, so we will see

I have a sweetener, Mendo Honey from Grow More, but I may not use it. I tried i because I had read somewhere that plants don't need to be in soil to gain the benefit of a sweetener. I now believe it does, because its really not benefiting the plant directly. Stay tuned. I'll probably use it anyway. So if the Silica doesn't make my pots foam up THIS SHIT will!

I will be using Vitamino to pick up the nutrient slack. Its an outstanding its a stout B1, B2, B3, B6 and all 20 essential amino acids.

For pH control, im using another couple products from Grow More, accurately named pH Up and pH down. These 2 product are 30% stronger than the usually found items from Gen Hydro.

I'd like to say that Grow More is a great company. They're cheap, and affective. Ive used quite a bit of there stuff. Everything i discussed and Mendo Avalanche... there may be more, but i smoke a lot of pot.

They have a ton of dry nutrients in varying NPK. Ive used all the products in both soil and hydro with no issues other than some foam, but thats a situation created with my rig. If you got an application, give them a try.

Lights... The light over the hydro is a 1100watt metal halide/high pressure sodium double ended number with a Eye Hortilux HPS. And a Ultra Sun MH. They have similar hours on them, they are double ended, so there's plenty of time left. I dont usually go over 800watts with either lamp. The reflector is giant XXXL.

I have a CMH also, but I think I'll just use the big one. I really like the light from the CMH, but its only 315watt or so... not gonna cut it

The closet has a Spectrum King 400. Ive had this thing for a couple years and used to hate it till I put it in the closet. Its a bit over powered for a 3x3 space, but it works amazing. Its a warm light, so I attach the exhaust fan duct to the heatsink of the light to keep it cool. Once that's done, the light is really pretty cool. It has a dimmer, which is slick, but I normally just raise the light. The dimmer works great on mothers. The ceiling of the closet comes off if the plant gets tall.

I'm an LED fan. I hate conventional lamps and really want to get back to using LEDs. Ive had quite a few different brands, including a brand that I can't talk about here... it starts with a P. Anyway, i had 2 different styles from them. Ive used Spectrum King, Black Dog, G8, and I worked closely with a friend and his Ursa, and Rapid Mass Med fixtures. The Black Dog lights were by far the best. I wish they were less expensive. Its a colored light. When looking at it with the naked eye its a faint pink. But photos are crazy pink.
This is a shot of me with the ceiling behind me. The light is a reflection from the floor... they were bright

My next lights will be the new ChilLED.
the 500watt X3 looks tasty. I will need 4 to fill the space i have now and the space I want to add.

There it is folks.

This is Wembley. 4 plants in hydro, 1 in soil. One of the plants in hydro only did 2 ounces or so... to be honest i didn't even weigh it, but the one next to it did 26oz. I pulled about 40oz from hydro and 10 from soil.

The down side is this strain as Wikileaf puts it has buds that are somewhere between light and fluffy and tight and dense. It just doesn't look all that impressive in a bag. Here are some pictures

These are half gallon Mason jars

I want to do that again

I usually use Rapidstart, but Botanicare made something similar called Rhizoblast. I used it last season, but I didn't push it too hard. I will be going for it this time. It would be great to see this shit work. Its MUCH less expensive that Rapidstart, which is much less expensive that than House and Garden's Root Excelurator.

You've had issues with roots growing too slowly in a hydroponic environment :hmmmm:? Have you ever tried just bumping up the FloraBloom component (for a little more phosphorous and potassium) slightly during the early part of the growth phase instead of using a supplement?

I'm gonna be using Silica... big surprise right? The brand of choice will be Power Si. They have 1 for veg, and 1 for bloom Im going to use both. Pisses me off that I need to buy 2 but it is what it is. The stuff works. I'll share bud picks in a bit.

Is that stuff cheaper than Armor Si? I'm kind of surprised that a company sells one of these products for bloom; most folks either stop supplementing silicon when they initiate flowering or at least at the end of the stretch, don't they? I've read of a product called AgSil, which is available as both a dry and wet product. It's probably cheaper than any "bottle" product we use, although that's just a guess. It also seems to provide about ten times the available silicon that some of the bottled products provide. I haven't used it, though; but it does get used for cannabis, because I read about it here.

lower PPMs

:thumb:.

Nitro free stuff, called Flowering Calmag

That seems like it might be useful. All I have are GH CALiMAGic, a big sack of calcium nitrate, and loaded tap water.

I'm going to use a PK booster, which will be Hula Bloom from Grow More. Its nice and gentle, kinda like Koolbloom liquid, but I got 25 pounds of it for $40. I have been using it for the past 3 grows and I like the fact my plants didn't catch fire. I look for that in an additive... I haven't even cracked the new box yet.
I may use Koolbloom dry to finish. Ive got a grip of it, so we will see

Even without having a clue about the product's strength, that seems like a good price for 25 pounds of the stuff. I've never used anything other than KoolBloom. Someone stole my dry KB when they broke into my shed :( - but I probably have most of a pint of the liquid left; it was inside so it didn't freeze. Actually, I might have used a little Terpinator once. But, if so, I must have found the experience to be completely unremarkable, lol, because I don't recall whether I did or not. You'll have that with a really, really, really watered-down product, I suppose. I sometimes think maybe the people who sell the slightly-flavored water products that we occasionally get talked into make more than the guys dealing cannabis. Probably not... But when the jug costs more than the stuff inside it, they've got to be getting wealthy. Then, again, I don't know how many people actually do purchase exponentially-overpriced gardening products, so maybe they lose in lack of volume what they'd lose if they sold the stuff for five bucks a gallon. I ended up with five gallons of that Terpinator product because a couple people apparently didn't think it was worth their cost... when they won it :rofl: . (NOTE to "my probation officer": That was not a negative product endorsement, merely an account of what actually happened.)

I have a sweetener, Mendo Honey from Grow More, but I may not use it. I tried i because I had read somewhere that plants don't need to be in soil to gain the benefit of a sweetener. I now believe it does, because its really not benefiting the plant directly.

I don't know that they actually need that kind of product, anyway. Well... I suppose some kind of carbo-load thing might be helpful in an organic grow if their microherd is starving or something, IDK. If so, presumably they just whip something up with unsulfured molasses / natural maple syrup / turbinado raw cane sugar / raw honey / raw agave syrup / natural sorghum. Or maybe they'd stir all that into their Coco Wheats hot breakfast cereal ;) . But have you ever grown out two clones, one with and one without such a product, placed five grams of bud from each plant into (ten) bags, numbered them randomly between one and ten (after making note of which numbers corresponded to which plant), and then given them to a neutral third party and had him/her report back on which five samples had the best flavor? Neither have I :rolleyes: . But I bet doing so would be an educational experience.

For pH control, im using another couple products from Grow More, accurately named pH Up and pH down. These 2 product are 30% stronger than the usually found items from Gen Hydro.

Same ingredients, though?

They have a ton of dry nutrients in varying NPK. Ive used all the products in both soil and hydro with no issues other than some foam, but thats a situation created with my rig. If you got an application, give them a try.

Another company that sells bulk/dry/cheap nutrient components is Custom Hydro Nutrients. I'm not posting a link, because they're not paying baksheesh here. You can probably find it by using a web search-engine. Or you could try adding .com to their name, IDK.

1100watt metal halide/high pressure sodium double ended number with a Eye Hortilux HPS.

Nice. You must be tripping over bud at your house.

My next lights will be the new

Is that company a sponsor that's not on the list for some reason - or have you taken up sticking your head in the lion's mouth after covering it with A1 sauce as a hobby? I've been trying to get into the habit of not posting links to non-paying businesses. But especially the LED ones.

You've had issues with roots growing too slowly in a hydroponic environment :hmmmm:? Have you ever tried just bumping up the FloraBloom component (for a little more phosphorous and potassium) slightly during the early part of the growth phase instead of using a supplement?

Is that stuff cheaper than Armor Si? I'm kind of surprised that a company sells one of these products for bloom; most folks either stop supplementing silicon when they initiate flowering or at least at the end of the stretch, don't they? I've read of a product called AgSil, which is available as both a dry and wet product. It's probably cheaper than any "bottle" product we use, although that's just a guess. It also seems to provide about ten times the available silicon that some of the bottled products provide. I haven't used it, though; but it does get used for cannabis, because I read about it here.

:thumb:.

That seems like it might be useful. All I have are GH CALiMAGic, a big sack of calcium nitrate, and loaded tap water.

Even without having a clue about the product's strength, that seems like a good price for 25 pounds of the stuff. I've never used anything other than KoolBloom. Someone stole my dry KB when they broke into my shed :( - but I probably have most of a pint of the liquid left; it was inside so it didn't freeze. Actually, I might have used a little Terpinator once. But, if so, I must have found the experience to be completely unremarkable, lol, because I don't recall whether I did or not. You'll have that with a really, really, really watered-down product, I suppose. I sometimes think maybe the people who sell the slightly-flavored water products that we occasionally get talked into make more than the guys dealing cannabis. Probably not... But when the jug costs more than the stuff inside it, they've got to be getting wealthy. Then, again, I don't know how many people actually do purchase exponentially-overpriced gardening products, so maybe they lose in lack of volume what they'd lose if they sold the stuff for five bucks a gallon. I ended up with five gallons of that Terpinator product because a couple people apparently didn't think it was worth their cost... when they won it :rofl: . (NOTE to "my probation officer": That was not a negative product endorsement, merely an account of what actually happened.)

I don't know that they actually need that kind of product, anyway. Well... I suppose some kind of carbo-load thing might be helpful in an organic grow if their microherd is starving or something, IDK. If so, presumably they just whip something up with unsulfured molasses / natural maple syrup / turbinado raw cane sugar / raw honey / raw agave syrup / natural sorghum. Or maybe they'd stir all that into their Coco Wheats hot breakfast cereal ;) . But have you ever grown out two clones, one with and one without such a product, placed five grams of bud from each plant into (ten) bags, numbered them randomly between one and ten (after making note of which numbers corresponded to which plant), and then given them to a neutral third party and had him/her report back on which five samples had the best flavor? Neither have I :rolleyes: . But I bet doing so would be an educational experience.

Same ingredients, though?

Another company that sells bulk/dry/cheap nutrient components is Custom Hydro Nutrients. I'm not posting a link, because they're not paying baksheesh here. You can probably find it by using a web search-engine. Or you could try adding .com to their name, IDK.

Nice. You must be tripping over bud at your house.

Is that company a sponsor that's not on the list for some reason - or have you taken up sticking your head in the lion's mouth after covering it with A1 sauce as a hobby? I've been trying to get into the habit of not posting links to non-paying businesses. But especially the LED ones.

I dont think ive ever had issues with slow growing roots. I always use some sort of root goop. Rapidstart is great. But these products are notorious for being spendy. House and Garden is very expensive.

I know what you're saying with the Phosphorous but these additives actively make the roots larger. This is from Rapidstart

Its a completely different than Armor Si. Armor Si is derived from Potassium, its a terrible product. You wind up with pH issues for days, and since its a Potassium product its not very affective. Power Si is a pure monosilicic acid product, completely bioavailable. I won't use a Silica that isn't made this way

Calimagic is good stuff

I really like Koolbloom liquid, it works really well, and i like the dry to finish but Koolbloom dry and Koolbloom liquid aren't the same thing.

I'll check them out. I'm not shopping for nutes, but its good to know.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom