Albatross - Soil - CFL - Stealth

Albatross

Hey guys buddy of mine wanted some help setting up and rolling with it, so here we are again

What strain is it? Mystery for now 7 seeds from the same strain
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? ?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 2nd true leaves emerging
If in Flower stage... For how long? -
Indoor or outdoor? Outdoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Epsoma Biotone ( Tons of mycorrhizae, Feather mean, Pasteurized Pultry manure, Cocoa Meal, Bone meal, Alfalfa meal, greensand, Humates, Sulfite of Potash, solfate of Potash magnesia) And Whitney Farms Organic soil (.1-.5-.5 ; Composted bark peat moss, pasteuized poultry litter, alalfa meal, kelp meal) and some sand and layer of hydroton on the bottom for drainage
If soil... What size pot? Dixie cups till xplant to 2g->5g eventually
Size of light? ~130 watts of CFL 43.3 W/sq ft at the moment (gonna try to keep it in that range throughout
Is it aircooled? Yes, 50cfm bathroom fan
Temp of Room/cab? 82, day 72 night
RH of Room/cab? low, for now 25%
PH of media or res? good question
Any Pests ? -nope
How often are you watering? every 4th or 5th day
Type and strength of ferts used? Nothing for a while, let the microbes do the work! then Tea's

Construction Day 1

set up of Wooden Box

P40900012.JPG

forgot to flip this one

P40900022.JPG

Sealing the crack with expandable foam, then were going to Exacto knife the excess off.

P40900032.JPG

Mounting the Casing was quite a pain in my rear, but the 50cfm fan kicks out some serious air in the size box it is in. Foamed behind it to eliminate rattling. Also they give you a female and a male socket, the female one you are supposed to splice and wire it to a switch... or discard the splice kit and run an extension cord into the wire casing. I'm not the best with wiring so that was simply easier and I was gonna have to buy a spliced cord or cut a cord anyways. Just so happened to have a few extension cords laying around.

P40900071.JPG

Casing & duct in place

P40900061.JPG

Fan installed on top put back on

P40900081.JPG

Intake for now, still needs screens

P4090010.JPG

Work in progess, lighting fixture/reflector

P40900051.JPG

More will come as we progress. Questions, comments or if you want pictures of anything I did feel free to ask
we are also trying to ball on a budget so were trying to minimizing costs as much as possible.

Epsoma Biotone- I know a few Master Horticulturalists that insist on this stuff, great ingredients too

P4080629.JPG

P4080630.JPG

Only organic soil at the time, 2 weeks later I found some Fox farm ill upgrade too once they need transplanted. Loved the .1-.05-.05 ratio

P4080632.JPG

P4080636.JPG

Some minor nute burn on the first set of true leaves, seems to be coming around nicely for the most part after that, may loose 1 or 2 (you'll see which ones) but they seemed weaker when they were transplanted from the germ chamber These pics were also taken 3 days ago

P4080625.JPG

P4080645.JPG

P4080626.JPG

P4080623.JPG

P4080638.JPG

P4080646.JPG

P4080624.JPG

I didn't like them draining onto a pan then sitting in it, also promotes some aeration I added a cup on the bottom with some hydroton.

P4080637.JPG

P4080639.JPG

Also, I decided to vary their heights to see how they respond to different light heights, row A is at 5.5", row B is at 4.5" and row C is at 3.5". Running approx 40.3 watt/sq foot atm. 20/4 light schedule, gonna wait off as long as possible till I have to water, I flushed them one good time to rid of some of the excess N in the biotone.

temporary set up

P4080648.JPG

Looks pretty cool man good luck with the build
Thanks MAxximilian

Im having problems with temperatures, highs around 90 and lows are around 55-60s, This isn't ideal, but they will manage for now but im not sure what to do to get in the 70-80 range without buying an air conditioner or something expensive for the room the box is in. The room simply gets too hot and no one goes in and out of it because its not inside.

Was thinking about direct inline from outside, but 90 degree air ( once the summer hits in few weeks) being pumped in wont solve my problem.. Any ideas?

Once i get the light leaks figured out i may switch their daytime period over to night to see how that fares. I suppose they really aren't getting much besides what escapes and comes from outside into the room. It Has high ceiling I was thinking about adding a turbine to help kick out some of the excess air. Im at a little over 13cu.ft And 50cfm fan, so i should be taking out more than enough air out of the box itself. I think the ambient room temp is the main issue just cant figure out how to lower it without buying expensive crap

I don't want to risk throwing a bunch of humidity in there with 90degree temps too risky for disease at the moment, however my humidity is quite low ~25%.. It would cool it off when it was cool, but then make it even hotter when it was warm so I'm not sure if that would solve MY issue, but thanks ill definitely look into it!

The Changing the timing from day and night might not be such a bad idea, getting some outside air into that room would probably suit you well.

Have you thought of getting some silicon the colored one and just closing those leaks off with that?

well you can get silicon at any diy store, its like a sealant used in bathrooms and such comes in a tube with a nozzle and you need a tool to squeeze it out can get it all there its cheap and very easy to work with if you put it on the edges all over youll have an air tight box was thinking of doing that with my pc so that its really air tight and only air movement is the fans. hope thats what you wanted told.

Something like this there are some that ive seen that have a color in them so that it would not be transparent: LINK

Think I got a little ansy with the mychorrizhae. 1 is living, planted 5 more got some church fem and some og fem. Switched over to 2l DWC i had root rot, mold and couldn't get my temps down in the original box. Moved it and things are looking up 3 are through the soil already and waiting for the church and og to germinate. Keep you posted

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom