Alberta growers

That’s rough man. I lived in Edmonton before while my ex was in hairdressing school and I worked all over the city. I wouldn’t be able to do that again. The rush hour traffic is enough to drive a guy mental. I live northeast of edmonton. Up in cold lake. Nice quiet area with far less people to deal with haha
Ahh yes beautiful cold lake!
my dad grew up out there. My grandpa was a carpenter on the base.

we used to always go out there and camp for a week, every summer. Haven’t the passed two years because my daughter was born and it’s just too far of a drive on my truck. We usually camp at sandy beach, if we can find a spot that doesn’t have so much damn broken glass on the beach! (Shakes fist) damn kids and their partying! Which partying is one thing, but broken glass on a beach like that just makes me angry. If we don’t go there, we sometimes camp near my aunts cabin on Marie lake.

Ahh yes beautiful cold lake!
my dad grew up out there. My grandpa was a carpenter on the base.

we used to always go out there and camp for a week, every summer. Haven’t the passed two years because my daughter was born and it’s just too far of a drive on my truck. We usually camp at sandy beach, if we can find a spot that doesn’t have so much damn broken glass on the beach! (Shakes fist) damn kids and their partying! Which partying is one thing, but broken glass on a beach like that just makes me angry. If we don’t go there, we sometimes camp near my aunts cabin on Marie lake.
I partied a lot a sandy when I was younger and probably broke a few bottles out there. Now I spend my time out there cleaning up the glass so my kids can play. That’s like the nicest side of the lake to swim in. It’s got the warmest water and one of the nicest beaches but ya unfortunately it is also the most commonly used party area. Marie lake is also a nice lake. My in-laws actually just got a site out there this summer. It’s awesome that it’s a private camping area there so it’s usually pretty quiet and laid back. Up this way is definitely amazing country for Alberta. We have so many nice lakes and great fishing if you’re in to that sort of thing lol. Sure beats the city life in my opinion. I grew up in westlock though and we spent a lot of my younger years bumming around Edmonton. Maybe I learned to hate the city as a youngin and that’s why I despise it so much as a grown up lol

That’s rough man. I lived in Edmonton before while my ex was in hairdressing school and I worked all over the city. I wouldn’t be able to do that again. The rush hour traffic is enough to drive a guy mental. I live northeast of edmonton. Up in cold lake. Nice quiet area with far less people to deal with haha
i have tons of family up that way :)

I partied a lot a sandy when I was younger and probably broke a few bottles out there. Now I spend my time out there cleaning up the glass so my kids can play. That’s like the nicest side of the lake to swim in. It’s got the warmest water and one of the nicest beaches but ya unfortunately it is also the most commonly used party area. Marie lake is also a nice lake. My in-laws actually just got a site out there this summer. It’s awesome that it’s a private camping area there so it’s usually pretty quiet and laid back. Up this way is definitely amazing country for Alberta. We have so many nice lakes and great fishing if you’re in to that sort of thing lol. Sure beats the city life in my opinion. I grew up in westlock though and we spent a lot of my younger years bumming around Edmonton. Maybe I learned to hate the city as a youngin and that’s why I despise it so much as a grown up lol
Yes sir! I love me some fishing!
Your right! It is a very beautiful part of the lake! We like to boat around the lake, make a day out of it, do a lot of fishing, stop on Saskatchewan side, have a small fire on the beach and roast some hot dogs. It’s scary being so far away from camp when we’re on that lake though, cause storm come out of no where!

my boat hasn’t been put in water in a few years, first my throttle on the control centre was stuck in gear. I replaced the control panel, and started the boat two summers ago, just never had time to get it out. Hopefully this next year I will!

Marie lake is beautiful, my aunt has a beach front property, and it’s gotta be my favourite place to go in Alberta. Lots of wild blue berry picking, very secluded, awesome fishing, lots of trails! Damn! I’m really wanting to go out camping now!

Yes sir! I love me some fishing!
Your right! It is a very beautiful part of the lake! We like to boat around the lake, make a day out of it, do a lot of fishing, stop on Saskatchewan side, have a small fire on the beach and roast some hot dogs. It’s scary being so far away from camp when we’re on that lake though, cause storm come out of no where!

my boat hasn’t been put in water in a few years, first my throttle on the control centre was stuck in gear. I replaced the control panel, and started the boat two summers ago, just never had time to get it out. Hopefully this next year I will!

Marie lake is beautiful, my aunt has a beach front property, and it’s gotta be my favourite place to go in Alberta. Lots of wild blue berry picking, very secluded, awesome fishing, lots of trails! Damn! I’m really wanting to go out camping now!
Haha I want to go camping too. I live one block up from cold lake. I can see the lake from my front yard. Unfortunately I don’t have a boat but I’ve got a few friends that do. I know a few good fishing spots on the lake if you’re ever out this way again and need some spots to try out lol. The lake is huge and yeah we’ve been caught on it a couple times in a storm and it’s not fun. Me and my dad went out when he had his 16’ aluminum and it was scary getting caught out there in that lol. I have a video somewhere of the waves crashing right over the wall at the marina which isn’t crazy high but it’s still about 8-10 feet high. Was pretty wild lol

Haha I want to go camping too. I live one block up from cold lake. I can see the lake from my front yard. Unfortunately I don’t have a boat but I’ve got a few friends that do. I know a few good fishing spots on the lake if you’re ever out this way again and need some spots to try out lol. The lake is huge and yeah we’ve been caught on it a couple times in a storm and it’s not fun. Me and my dad went out when he had his 16’ aluminum and it was scary getting caught out there in that lol. I have a video somewhere of the waves crashing right over the wall at the marina which isn’t crazy high but it’s still about 8-10 feet high. Was pretty wild lol
Lol I can picture the exact area you live in my head. Haha I’ve got a bit of a photographic memory..

My dad grew up there, so all the spots he knows were maybe good 30-40 years ago, but as the ecosystem formed into what it is today, maybe the fish just aren’t there anymore. We’ve been all over that lake fishing here and there, but I would love for some insight on where the locals best fishing spots are! Thanks man!

Yeah, it’s amazing how big cold lake is (for Alberta anyways). One time we were camping at sandy beach, and my dads boat was in the lake, out of no where we got hit with a nasty storm. My dad was in the water holding his boat backwards pointed towards the lake, and I ran out there to help him. It started hailing close to golf ball sized hail, and my dad was hidden under the bow of the Boat. I didn’t have any protection and was getting pelted in the head, so I ran back to my brothers trailer. The second I got into his trailer and closed the door. The pole holding the middle of is awning swung around like a bat out of hell, as the awning was grabbed by wind and damn near ripped off his trailer. The metal pole dented his trailer and scratched the piss out of it Right beside the door. We’re lucky it didn’t hit his window, or my self!

then ten minutes later, it was back to a beautiful sunny day.

Lol I can picture the exact area you live in my head. Haha I’ve got a bit of a photographic memory..

My dad grew up there, so all the spots he knows were maybe good 30-40 years ago, but as the ecosystem formed into what it is today, maybe the fish just aren’t there anymore. We’ve been all over that lake fishing here and there, but I would love for some insight on where the locals best fishing spots are! Thanks man!

Yeah, it’s amazing how big cold lake is (for Alberta anyways). One time we were camping at sandy beach, and my dads boat was in the lake, out of no where we got hit with a nasty storm. My dad was in the water holding his boat backwards pointed towards the lake, and I ran out there to help him. It started hailing close to golf ball sized hail, and my dad was hidden under the bow of the Boat. I didn’t have any protection and was getting pelted in the head, so I ran back to my brothers trailer. The second I got into his trailer and closed the door. The pole holding the middle of is awning swung around like a bat out of hell, as the awning was grabbed by wind and damn near ripped off his trailer. The metal pole dented his trailer and scratched the piss out of it Right beside the door. We’re lucky it didn’t hit his window, or my self!

then ten minutes later, it was back to a beautiful sunny day.
Man it’s crazy how fast a storm will come out of nowhere over the lake. We’ve seen a couple water spouts over the lake the last couple years. Pretty cool to see out in the lake. Better than having a tornado on land lol. There’s a few good spots I know on the lake depending on what you’re fishing for and if you wanna do ice fishing or boating. But it is a huge lake and everything is constantly changing and the fish are always moving. Still got my couple trusty spots that I go to and they do alright haha. Sucks about the trailer things get pretty wild really fast man.

I see you had a few answers with the shops in Edmonton. I prefer the Hydro-lite on the Northend. Nice thing is they try to keep there prices on par or better then Amazon. They sell a good variety of supplies. I’m up in Fort McMurray and its the closest place to me. Shoot me a message anytime if you have any questions. Also there website shows all there stuff you can purchase have shipped or you can select to pick up in the store. I normally shop online and pick it up when I’m down that way.

Cheers

I see you had a few answers with the shops in Edmonton. I prefer the Hydro-lite on the Northend. Nice thing is they try to keep there prices on par or better then Amazon. They sell a good variety of supplies. I’m up in Fort McMurray and its the closest place to me. Shoot me a message anytime if you have any questions. Also there website shows all there stuff you can purchase have shipped or you can select to pick up in the store. I normally shop online and pick it up when I’m down that way.

Cheers
Hey man thanks for the info I’m gonna check them out. I’ve ordered from a few different hydro stores lately. Mostly out of Ontario. I’d like to find a good one closer so I’m not waiting by the mailbox everyday like an impatient kid on Christmas Eve hahaha. Of all places in Alberta I thought ft Mac would be loaded with hydro stores lol

Back
Top Bottom