Alchemist420's - Mystery Strain - Indoor - Soil/Coco - Grow Journal - 2016

Thanks Alchemist for laying out and simplifying my ideas of vegetating. Sometimes it is easy to get lost in translation when your trying to filter and interpret the internet but you put it together quite well and it does apply to me very much so. I myself have a single PHOTO og mother plant and do cut clones, and now I have a better understanding of how to veg my clones, and how long id like to keep them in there. Thanks for everyones two cents on this, you guys are great. Most grow charts online or on their respectful bottles would never explain it like this, you know all that haha.

On another note those girlies are looking beautiful! I wish i had the time to pull a scrog off, or even a flux hehe. Cant wait to see those to start packing on the weight :D

Soil AND coco in the same pot???

Hmmm, expensive magical potions...
Time to sit down and see what happens :lot-o-toke:

Hey there and good morning Vlad (it's morning here) Thank you for stopping in.

"Soil AND Coco in the same pot???" - Yes, this was not planned but it is what happened.
I started out in just Coco Loco (Fox Farm). It is not just Coco it is a "Coco Potting Mix". It also has "aged forest products, perlite, earthworm castings, bat guano, Norwegian kelp meal, oyster shell, and dolomite lime."
When I went back to the store to get more for up potting they were out but still had the Ocean Forest (Fox Farm) so I picked up enough to mix 50/50 with the remaining Coco Loco I had. So in reality it is more of a Soil grow with a good dose of Coco in the mix at this point.

"Hmmm, expensive magical potions..." - Magical Potions.... Maybe. Expensive.... Not really, the ones that I have were $12 US per Quart bottle for the Medusas Magic, and Herculean Harvest.
I also just requested their free sample case, which has many of their products included and you just pay shipping ($29 US was my cost).
The case includes 1 Quart each of Gaia, Medusa, Zeus, Demeter's, Athena's and Herculean Harvest. As well as an 8 ounce bottle of each, Khaos and Olympus up.

So far, I am happy with how my grow has come along, especially since I haven't done one since the '90s. Next round will be tweaked i am sure as I am learning things from this one.

Thanks again for stopping in and visiting my grow. I see that you just started a new Journal and will be stopping in to check it out in just a few.

I think you will do just fine,

Sure, "expensive" is a subjective term I guess what I meant was it's fine for a few plants but once you get a nice sized canna-forest growing it could get cost prohibitive until you learn how to mix your own.

Might as well make money doing what we enjoy right? :bongrip:

Mid Week update: 8-31-2016
Day 27 of 12/12

Took a look at the ladies and snapped a couple quick cell phone pics.

They seem to like the addition of the Herculean Harvest. No burning and they both look really happy and still pumping out trichs

Here are the quick pics.

A420-Grow1-8-31-2016-01.jpg
A420-Grow1-8-31-2016-02.jpg

This afternoon I had a small accident and cut one of the strands in the trellis netting.
All the tops started leaning, so I busted out the hemp twine and spent the afternoon tying tops up from above.

It was probably a blessing as I was able to pull some of the low tops up higher in the canopy so they are all getting better light now. :thumb:

I figured I would be tying them up eventually because they are long skinny branches. This just made me do it earlier.

It's all good and the ladies are good.

Also while working with them the smells they were giving off were amazing! That is saying alot since I am fighting a bit of a head cold right now. Hard to describe but I am very happy. The bag these beans came out of was nowhere near this fragrant!

Good afternoon Everyone, Weekend update Saturday 9/3/2016
Day 30 of Flower 12/12

Just finished up week 4 of flower with these ladies. Pretty much just letting them do their thing and making sure they are happy each day.

Yesterday they took 5 Gallons of Water/Nutes to run off. I slowly added water a couple quarts at a time until I got just a little run off.
They got the same mix of nutes, keeping it simple.
Tap Water
10 Mil/Gal - TFTG - Medusas Magic
45 Mil/Gal - TFTG - Herculean Harvest
Which brought my tap water up to 790 PPM and 6.1 PH, so no adjustment made.

Temps/RH staying steady each day.
80-82F lights on 70-72F lights off
40-45%RH
I have noticed that when they are about ready to be watered the RH in the tent drops to around 30%.

All Clones taken last week are looking good. No wilting or yellowing, just happy little copies of their mothers. No roots yet in the RW cubes but should start seeing them sometime this week if the last round is any indication.

Really been thinking about which Pheno I like better.
Pheno #1 - the Trichome production and the Smell are great. :thumb:
but she is tall and hard to control
Pheno #2 - Love the overall structure. Nice Compact and Even. :thumb:
but trichomes are not as heavy as her sister, although they are still good.

I have been thinking about a side project with clones from each. Reverse them then cross them to each other. Not selfing, but crossing them to each other to see if I can get a new pheno with the best of both girls.

I have been doing a lot of breeding research and really have been thinking of trying to find some regular seed of different landrace strains and try my hand at some basic breeding in the future.

Here come this weeks update pictures. You can see where I started tying tops up with hemp twine after the little accident earlier this week where I clipped the trellis netting.
Tops seem to still be building. seeing less stem between the nodes each day. Hoping they fill in nicely over the next few weeks before they start the swell.

The Tent with both Ladies
A420-Grow1-9-3-2016-.jpg

A420-Grow1-9-3-2016--2.jpg

Pheno #1 Taking over the tent and looking like a Jungle
A420-Grow1-9-3-2016--4.jpg
A420-Grow1-9-3-2016--5.jpg
A420-Grow1-9-3-2016--7.jpg
A420-Grow1-9-3-2016--8.jpg
A420-Grow1-9-3-2016--9.jpg

Pheno #2 Nice Compact and Uniform
A420-Grow1-9-3-2016--3.jpg
A420-Grow1-9-3-2016--6.jpg
A420-Grow1-9-3-2016--12.jpg
A420-Grow1-9-3-2016--11.jpg
A420-Grow1-9-3-2016--10.jpg

Looking great:bravo: buds are growing nicely

Thank you very much Dirt McGert. I am very happy with them so far.
Really hoping the stack a lot more before they mature and start the swell.
I really like the structure of Pheno #2 but Pheno #1 is so frosty with trichs and has a great aroma. I just don't like how tall and stretched out she got.

The ladies a looking so happy and your weaving job looks good :)

Thank you very much AngryBird. Really looking forward to the 1st harvest, but really enjoying watching the whole life cycle of them in person.

That is the whole beauty of anything you do.. either growing or creating.. the whole process is beautiful and the end result is the reward!

It is a blessing to grow :)

Going to sit back here with Vlad. High Birdie..

Alchem...I saw your pix go up and had to drop in to see this. I'm liking this NC 15. :high-five:

Thanks MagicJim, Welcome aboard.:high-five:

Yeah I am liking whatever they are. All I know is it did come from California, and the person who sent it called it NC 15.
As for what they are It really is a ???
I don't know if they were selfed seeds because the mother Hermed, or if there was another lady in the room that hermed and what strain she was.
It could also be stray pollen from a breeding attempt and I lucked out getting 2 girls, still wouldn't know who the father was.

Anyway it is a Mystery Strain in my mind because there is no telling what it really is. No info on strain I was told it was. No info on how the seeds happened and if another strain was involved.

Honestly I am just really happy that I got 2 female phenos and they are looking really good.
2 rounds of clones out of them. I may take a couple of them, reverse them, and cross them to each other.:thumb:

Hey Alchemist420, your flowers are looking suuper frosty. Nice. I'm sure you're going to have an awesome harvest bro. Really digging the hd pics too. Have you heard of backbuilding by LightAddict? Supposedly you just cut a very small tip off the bud (3 white hairs and a couple of the tiny green points off end of buds) after the cola is mainly filled out, and you get "dense tear drop buds that will look uniform and presentable". I have never done this technique before, but will most likely try it out once I switch to flower due to some pretty convincing pictures haha. Do you have any plans for backbulding in your future?

Hope you're doing well. Your garden looks awesome.

Hey Alchemist420, your flowers are looking suuper frosty. Nice. I'm sure you're going to have an awesome harvest bro. Really digging the hd pics too. Have you heard of backbuilding by LightAddict? Supposedly you just cut a very small tip off the bud (3 white hairs and a couple of the tiny green points off end of buds) after the cola is mainly filled out, and you get "dense tear drop buds that will look uniform and presentable". I have never done this technique before, but will most likely try it out once I switch to flower due to some pretty convincing pictures haha. Do you have any plans for backbulding in your future?

Hope you're doing well. Your garden looks awesome.

Hey DankestBuds42,
I actually have looked into a lot of the techniques LightAddict has shared with the community. Lots of great information by LightAddict and I really enjoy seeing all he is doing and sharing. Backbuilding is one of the ones I have been considering since I am coming up on that time in this grow.

I found this post by KidGrow420 a while back that has some techniques I was thinking about trying just before harvest.

You can find it at this link
>>>flushing-leaching-final-bud-swell<<<

I have learned and use several techniques towards the end of my grows to help swell the resin glands and almost quadruple trichome production. It's a old techinique I have mentioned on here before (around the formus) in guidling and helping people get the most out of their crop... The last 2 weeks of flush is standard. No matter what you grow with or how you grow it. That simple. BUT, in the last 48-56 hours of the plants life another "technique" I use comes into play. I switch the humidity down to 25-32%, then hit em with a 8/16 light schedule. This 8 hours of light and 16 of dark sends the plant into HEAVY Trichome production and swells the resin sacks to the size of grapes. In most cases (with me) the trichome production AT LEAST triples. I also in the last 48 hours like to make a cut at the base of the plants stock. A simple cut half way through the stock or a little less will send this plant into even heavier trichome and resin production. The plant thinks it's being eaten by a deer or animal and when you hit them with the 8/16 sched... Man o Man. It tricks the plant into thinking it's day is defiantly numbered by insinuating winter is upon her and shes getting eaten... These techniques towards in the last 48-56 hours will not only help you get bigger stickier buds. But it will also give you substantial increase in potency. BUT, do not let it go to long or your plant will nanner. And we obviously do not want this. This is why I say the last 48-56 hours. After many tests I find this is the "sweet spot" and wont deal with any nanners. ;) :Namaste::thumb:

PSS: Since this post was about the ending "techniques" used in harvesting cannabis, I thought I would "expose" a few more secrets used by master and advanced growers world wide. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom