Alex's First Grow- Blue Cheese & Himalayen Blue

i was agoing to tip the pots but the soils damp at the mo so thought against it, what can i do,, i cant have any more grow space at all what iv got is wat iv got in area, i couldnt bring myself to take possiable female plants out to there death :( i didnt aticipate the size problem when i started to germinate the seeds, would you recomend flowering earlyer? thats the only thing i could thinkof apart from striping plants away, but in the long run how badly could that affect my yield? any thoughts from you 3lions or hogg or any1 are much appreciated

(best to tip when damp I find. Just let them slip out a few inches is all.)

I dont know really.

Of course I say 4 is about right, throw 6 in there and you might be okay tho I still think its pushing it. Wont hurt to go for it tho Alex mate.

What makes it a little tougher is that Im sure both of these blue strains are short and bushy, likely to be 3 feet across I would imagine. Something like Jack Herer which is skinny and tall would have been better. It's a lesson of course, to check on strains and grow to your space :)

I dont know if you have a space to be able to bonzai them, keep them under cfl's for a few months in veg or something?
Perhaps someone will have other ideas or specific strain info from their own grows of these.

4 great plants are going to produce better than 10 crappy ones, look at it in that postive way!

yeah i was thinking that, iv heard a good few plants with lots of light and adequate space can yield lots more than a very overcrowded grow. it would kill me though taking them out as iv goy no were for them, id feel much better getting them through veg so i no whats male and wats female

Need to tip out the pot to see the roots on the outside of the soil.. they certainly shouldnt be filling those pots in 3 days. Mine were in 3.5l pots for about 2 weeks but some strains might be different of course.

2 feet depth is yer problem as I see it, 2 of my cheese side by side are over 2 feet across already, half way through veg! They will be reallly fighting for light if you have too many you know, like in leaves crossing other plants and shading them? They need a bit of space per plant.

tipped the pots and there are speradic white roots here and there at the sides of the soil wall and the bottom of the soil but they are like tap roots as aposed to being root bound if you follow?

Sure i forgot that you didnt buy fem seeds. Another lesson lol

Yeahh I know what you mean, they are growing nicely but still have a way to go yet. You may have ti transplant again before flowering.

Ideally (if you had females) you would let them veg another few weeks, transplant again a week before flowering.

I dodnt really know what to suggest e space, simply have to throw as many as poss in and see how they go as you go along really. You can force them into flowering to find sex etc but I wouldnt recommend it.

Sure i forgot that you didnt buy fem seeds. Another lesson lol

Yeahh I know what you mean, they are growing nicely but still have a way to go yet. You may have ti transplant again before flowering.

Ideally (if you had females) you would let them veg another few weeks, transplant again a week before flowering.

I dodnt really know what to suggest e space, simply have to throw as many as poss in and see how they go as you go along really. You can force them into flowering to find sex etc but I wouldnt recommend it.

i did by feminized seeds..... the blue chese i bought as feminized seeds and recived the himilayen normal seeds free, the cheese should be all female by rights but i started a thread before this for advice, were i asked about my feminized seeds and was told that even feminized seeds are not 100% female, just a much better chance of females

also.... up untill today iv been moving my plants around the grow room daily so they all have there fair share of the prime lighting positions, but with all the sizing issues of my grow room and not looking like il be able to get the best out of all ten. i decided that from now on the 5 blue cheese are going to be getting the prime light, and the blue hhimalayen are to get the edges of the grow room. after all i only paid for the cheese the himalayen was freebies. im doing this as i can see no alternative at some point other that to remove a few plants and when that happens it will be the blue cheese stayin :)

All makes sense yeahhh. We go with the flow eh ;-)

Fem seeds aparently have a 99.9% of being fem so you would be unlucky to get one never mind more

:thumb:

yeah, right another question for ya 3lions.... male and female plants produce diffflowers, females are smokeable and males are not. do only female flowers smell of skunk? my autos the blue himalayen are ment to auto flower on or around day 16, its day 12 now from every plant popping out the soil, the first plants came out 2 days earlier but iv called it day 12 as thats when everything was up and growing. my girlfreind had a peep in the grow room just now and told me she could smell skunk, i told her to stop beingsilly lol! she dragged me up and i couldnt smell it but when i piked up a pot and put my nose to the centre of each himalayen blue plant i could smell that warm musky skunk :) so im guessing they have started to flower earlyr than day 16, maybe with my episode of them being in darkness last week? anyways all 5 smelt the same. so if only females smell of it id be banking there female, heres 2 piks of the himilayen

SP_A01521.jpg

SP_A0151.jpg

And that £7.99 light timer is buggered. i had it set to click on at 6a.m and and off at 12 midnight, it deffs worked the first 2 nights as i purposly watched it clik off at midnight, last night i thought id chek and the lights were still on at 1:15 so not using that anymore, bak to early mornings lol

just ensure the plug things are down or up correctly. I hadn't used a timer b4 I used one for the growing and didnt even know how to do it properly. Its definately easier with one if you can suss it out amigo.

As for the smells, its fine, they can certainly stink up in veg, mine are about 3 weeks into veg and starting to smell more each day. Luckily I have a carbon filter and will be connecting that in the next cple of days as you can sometimes smell cheesey skunk 100 yards down the road!

You will need some odour control.

yeah i had it set up right iv used them b4, the problem its aquired is that it just lets electric flow through it freely even when it should of clicked off, i mite take it back for an exchange,

iv also got a carbon filter but was unaware they would smell during veg lol so havent set it up, think im going ti have the ducting running strate through the grow room ceeling and into the loft/atick space, i could even tap it strate into the chimney (unused chimney) that way if smells got through the filter they would be disperced out of the chney top insted of stinking up the loft space

Yeahh sweet, yer good to go then..

If its a carbon filter then no smells will escape, thats why they so bloody expensive lol

definately take the timer thing back man, it might only be 7.99 but isnt the point and u could actually use one so even a trade in for a better one might be in order.

Hmmm, in fact, it might be that you are using it for the hps that broke it. I think i said previously (contrary to some people maybe) that I had to buy 2 different priced ones as one needed high capacitors or something for the 400 watt hps light. It was about ten quid more.

yes it maybe lol it did say max something or another 400watts :s but i figured the balast would of made it ok lol either way theres no visable damage to it so the shop el be none the wiser. they had a digital one for £12 i mite give that a go

Like most things , you often get what you pay for..

I just checked my prices, I paid 5.50 euros for the basic timer and 16.50 for the legrand one for the lights. These were suggested at the grow shop. At 3 times the price there simply has to be a reason you know?

Hopefully those prices will give you an idea of which is which etc. If you are flowering in 12/12 for 2 months thats about 20p a day for the lie in lol (tho its a free lie in after yer first grow)

got a big yelow blemish on one of my girls, started yesterday and is much worse today she is lookin poorly :( il post a pik in a bit, sure its not a burn off any lights as its one of the lower leaves thats further from light, looks rather similar to 3lions ongoing problem

Touch wood, I seem to be over my problem, it certainly hasnt progressed the last few days since I transplanted again. Will keep my eye out for your pics.

Back
Top Bottom