Alex's First Grow- Blue Cheese & Himalayen Blue

one week ago i added something to two plants, they have been fine, the plant in question has had nothing, i ordered the other day... a propper ph testing kit, some ph up & down, Nitrozyme Concentrate, & bud blood, from my hydroponics retailer, i today mist the delivery so im off to pik it up from the postal sorting office in an hour, i bought the ph up & down and testing kit as my ph tester is telling me the soil has a ph of 4!!! then il check again and its 7 or 8 or 2 its not very good, i bouhgt the other two products as the owner of the shop turns out to be a friend of a freind and he shown me piks of his last crop and he yielded 1/3 more on plants tret with bud blood as aposed to the plants tret with alternative products

also 3lions, for argunents sake if my soil ph was 3.5 when propperly tested, and the ph up says add 1ml to 5litres of water to increase ph by 1 point, do i mix 3ml to 5 litres to bring it up 3 points? or will it have to be a slow process to bring it up gradualy?

one week ago i added something to two plants, they have been fine, the plant in question has had nothing, i ordered the other day... a propper ph testing kit, some ph up & down, Nitrozyme Concentrate, & bud blood, from my hydroponics retailer, i today mist the delivery so im off to pik it up from the postal sorting office in an hour, i bought the ph up & down and testing kit as my ph tester is telling me the soil has a ph of 4!!! then il check again and its 7 or 8 or 2 its not very good, i bouhgt the other two products as the owner of the shop turns out to be a friend of a freind and he shown me piks of his last crop and he yielded 1/3 more on plants tret with bud blood as aposed to the plants tret with alternative products

Hey Alex....can you tell me how you came up with a soil ph of 4? Are you measuring runoff to achieve this?

no hogdady on the box it avises you to push the prongs into the soil and select the ph test setting and watch the pin move to the number that tells you the ph of the soil alternativly select the moisture setting that tells to on a scale of 1-10 how moist the soil is at different levels, heres a picture, one plants ph says 3 ond one says 2 :s

08042010013.JPG

08042010014.JPG

also hogdady do you have any ideas about the yellow leaf?

no hogdady on the box it avises you to push the prongs into the soil and select the ph test setting and watch the pin move to the number that tells you the ph of the soil alternativly select the moisture setting that tells to on a scale of 1-10 how moist the soil is at different levels, heres a picture, one plants ph says 3 ond one says 2 :s

08042010013.JPG

08042010014.JPG

also hogdady do you have any ideas about the yellow leaf?

I'm not a fan of those types of soil meters. I prefer to measure run-off.

As far as the yellow, looks chlorotic. They are really needing nitrogen at this stage. I like bat guano for a nitrogen boost.

ok hogdady thanks for the input, im also not a fan of this ph meter lol i piked up my parcel from the depot and theres no ph kit!!!!! says it will follow as out of stock :( got the other bits, as far as run off testing, is that jusy test the water that runs off after a watering? and hi to 0797 MARK..... how far is your grow? wat are you growing? do you have a journal?

read through that hogdady, i think your nitrogen idea may be right i seems a few of my plants are starting to suffer from this problem now, il do my best to buy the stuff tomoro, if its left untreated will this spread through plant and kill it??? the product you recomended iv looked for and i can only seem to find it as a mix to be mixed into soil before potting :(

There are many products that will provide nitrogen. I like the bat guano because its organic and gives 'em a nice big dose of nitrogen. They will jump in growth and turn a healthy dark green. Not sure about availability in the UK, but if you locate some, you want Mexican bat guano.

hey guys, iv looked through various sites and threads on this site and others about how to tell the difference early into flowering of male and female plants, all 5 of my auto himy blues are early into flower now, from wat i can c im nearly sure 2 are female as i can see pistols i think and im not sure anout the other 3, im going to upload the best 5 close ups i can take and label them 1-5, 1-2 are the ones i think are female and 3-5 are the 2 im not so sure about,will you give me your opinions please? the blue himys were freebie seeds and were not feminized

no1
09042010020-900x600_2.jpg

no2
09042010019-900x600_1.jpg

no3
09042010022-900x600_3.jpg

no4
09042010018-900x600_4.jpg

no5
09042010021-900x600_5.jpg

Hey just stop'n by check out your grow. I see Hogdaddy has been a big help. +rep HogDaddy. So from what I see in your picts, You can tell number 1 is a female. Number to is a lil iffy, so I wont even take a guess on that one. As for 3,4 & 5 I'd give them some more veg time. They look to be males but as slowpuffer stated "chill & relax". the ones that look to have balls will show more in the next week. Even if they are males one week to those plants wont be enough time to drop all the pollen. At that point you can takes picts and get a better idea of what the true sex is. Unless you feel comfortable enough to chop the males prior to then. Hope this info helps you. And feel free to ask anything along the way, its better safe then sorry when it comes to canna.:goodluck:

big thanks to The butcher, yeah il gie them another week, and then il have them out lol im just wanting the boys out soon as possiable with me not having very much space im wanting to concentrate my efforts on my blue cheese which should be all girls fingers crossed, also thanks for the inviteing me to ask questions.... also thanks to slowpuffer, i think i maybe got a little exited when i seen activity lol

Glad you got some feedback mate. Hvae to concur with the Butcher n co at this point. You seem to have drawn the shorter straw on some of them but keep the faith

Back
Top Bottom