Alien Hydroponic EasyFeed System

Hey everyone ive been gone for a while. I needed a break from growing and talking about growing because i have had a lot going on in my life and my head was burning out.

Those of you that have followed me iver the years and read my journals know im passionate about what i do and i enjoy helping others and sharing my experiences. But i was being distracted from other things in my life and i just couldnt give the forum the time.

Im floating around again now. I was going to start another journal but im not sure its worth doing because it would only be another small 16-24 plant coco grow and ive done several of those types journals. I might just start a journal and throw in bits from different smaller grows as I feel uncomfortable showing anything too large. I dont know, see what happens in the coming weeks.

Hope every one is well.....

Nice to see you back cult hope all is good! I have been a soil grower for a few years now getting just above average results. So when i seen your alien system I thought I would give coco a bash using your nute schedule. Your schedule for flowering is simple enough to follow but I was struggling with the veg cycle. And as I'm not confident with coco wasent sure what I was really doing. I had 4 in coco and one in soil for a little experiment and the soil was way ahead of the coco I'm not sure if this is normal in first 3 weeks or I mis understood your veg nute schedule. If you have the time I would apriciate if you could help out with your veg nute cycle you had posted earlier on in this thread. Thanks mate any help appreciated.

This mobile app is fucking awful. Ive just written a massive response and was deleted when i tried to post. I cant see any pictures or like any posts. Very frustrating, i remember having same problem 9months ago so i guess the bugs havent been worked out. I prefer using desktop mode but that wont work either. Really really annoying....

Stupot89. I need to know what you done in veg before i can give you the correct advice. This is just so i know how your space is set up and so i can understand how you approached coco. Soil should never be faster that coco in a like for like situation. Once you understand the basic do's and donts its a breeze. If you can tell me if it was clone or seed, what feeds schedule you done from day 1 and under what light source. Other details are helpful such as what the RH and room temps were.

Ita was from seed mate.
Ph was 5.8/6
I just used what you stated like if you said 1ml pl I used that. Then I used ph down to bring it down to ph.
Do you need individual doses of each nute?

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

@Cultivator Hi guys how is the alien easyfeed system doing was thinking about between purchasing this vs the autopots. Background the only nutes available here is GH MAXI GH Trio and dyna grow was thinking of using maxigrow and maxibloom or just he maxibloom lucas formula. Plus silica, hydroguard, molasses (i don't know if this works with coco), Kooldbloom liquid plus koolbloom wet. Drip clean isn't available here. Is there anything missing in my feeding schedul;e and will this work with the system. Tryiing to find the most optimal cheap ingredients in my area. Any advice would be appreciated.

Its coco. All but 2 are pretty much straight coco (forgot to keep a bag with name of manufacturer), topped off the all the easyfeed bags with a small amount of foxfarm coco blend (coco blended with vermiculite and some great white type additives).

I have 2 that are straight FF and aren't doing well at all, they seem to have a drying issue, wet and heavy even after 3 days.

So if I were to feed daily, then I would really have to chop the amount as the bags are still wet and heavy after a "full tray" feeding for at least 2 days.... (started at 64 ounces every 2 days then went to 120 ounces every 3 days) now at a full gallon.

I have to admit I was a bit freaked about going till day 4.5 to feed but I had no choice as I was gone for the day 3 feed (normal time), but the leaves didn't have a bit of droop, (like I expected) and they sucked up a gallon each (in about 2 hours for full uptake of full tray of water). I swear they grew 6 inches today alone. (now starting to worry about head room).

I am assuming that as they get bigger they will take more feed and was anticipating shortening the interval, but the dry time seems to drive the feed time correct?

The other thing that keeps going through my head is that even if I have fantastic plant results, that means nothing without quality and yield.

This is all so interesting and engaging, (cant wait to say hi to my girls every morning ) just don't want to kill them off :thumb:

Thanks for your help.

I would probably avoid both systems. The autopots are terrible in my opinion and the alien system is ok but a flood and drain system would be better. The say feed is fiddly and plants can end up sitting in stale nutrient solution and I just don't like it. Drippers are way better or flood and drain. Nutes should be fine. You wouldn't need drip clean on easy feed system as there are no small lines.

I know this is old...But this is a fantastic wealth of information and I am so impressed I can't find words, really.

I'm doing coco with LED's and having (surprise) CA Mag issues. Only my second indoor grow, and I'm looking at getting an HPS light as I believe that will make the difference for me. I only have a 4 foot x 4 foot tent, and think a 1000 watt will be too much. Would 600 watt do for that?

Coco and 30% perlite, using AN PH perfect nutes and GH Cal Mag.

I'm only 9 pages in and have 6 pages of notes. Fantastic stuff here. Thank you!

Hey cult, quick question since u know the biz in coco! Watching youtube and seen a guy talking about cico. He said u can re use coco and everytimu use it it gets better cause its charged his wirfs. And while he was saying all this he only hadgrofan cubes he was using. So is it true or false about re using coco af does it make it better wverytime u re ise it. Thanks n hope u have fun at spannabis wish I could b there but thats a long rife cross a very large ocean!! M stateside!!
hey mate, i'm trying to find some informations how to reuse a coco right way. i know you can flush it with Cannazym but i don't know how exactly to do it. have you been reusing?

That Excellurator is gonna kill me on nutes. Saw $111 for a small bottle on ebay. Any chance that just using the voodoo juice will suffice? Maybe something a rather novice grower can work up to?

Also, ditto on the reusing coir.

Hello everyone.

Welcome to my new journal.

Strain: Amnesia Haze
Veg or Flower: Clones in veg stage ready to be potted into 22litre smart pots
Flower time: 9 weeks
Soil or Hydro: Alien Hydroponic Easy Feed System. Coco Coir.
Lights: Im thinking 4 or 6 600w duel spec hps but that may change and may use my 1030w Leds
Room: 3x3m tent with 12" rhino carbon filter and 2300cfm extraction fan.
Nutes: A mix of several brands that will be documented as we go.

So I am setting up the gravity fed EasyFeed system. This is the 16 pot version and 22litre pots. I toyed with put a bigger set up in with smaller pots but due to limitations with power I can only run 4000w of light max so 4 plants per 600w hps is what im looking at now. It may well be that I add more light or change to LED, just see how it plays out.

So the system has a 250litre res, id say this is the minimum size for any multipot gravity fed system. The reason being that smaller tanks struggle with pressure and getting the tank empty to all pots. I will build a platform around 2ft high so the res is raised so again increasing pressure. If I find the trays are struggling to fill I might adapt the system to a top fed drip system but i doubt that will be necessary.

The clones are currently in 500ml pots and well rooted. They will be transfered to the system in the next day or 2. they will be top fed until well rooted and LST and topped. I think I will scrog these plants also. Just depends how much time i can spend at the grow in the beginning because i go for an operation next week and will be out of action a couple weeks. The plants will have to be canopy managed regardless as the Amnesia Haze can get tall.

Heres a few pics of the system in the box, i will get some pics up of the built system in the next day or so and maybe get a video up of it running.

GOPR0284.JPG

GOPR0285.JPG

GOPR0286.JPG

GOPR0287.JPG

GOPR0288.JPG

This is a very simple system. Bottom fed until the ball valve stops water coming into the tray, this can be adjusted to different levels but i expect these plants to take around 4 litres per day in nutrient in flower. There is a control unit with a shut off valve that runs on a couple of AAA batteries. It has a timer which can be set to allow for specific feed times. Ive been wanting to run these systems for a while but i just havent gotten around to it. If its successful here i will be running all my big rooms on these systems so im hoping it works well.

Lets get this show on the road....

Hey man nice stuff, quick question... I am a new grower with this same system, I was going to use a coco/perlite medium, however I have heard that coco doesn't do well with bottom feeding due to messing with the salt levels, did you experience anything like this?

Hello everyone.

Lights: Im thinking 4 or 6 600w duel spec hps but that may change and may use my 1030w Leds

So I am setting up the gravity fed EasyFeed system. This is the 16 pot version and 22litre pots. I toyed with put a bigger set up in with smaller pots but due to limitations with power I can only run 4000w of light max so 4 plants per 600w hps is what im looking at now. It may well be that I add more light or change to LED, just see how it plays out.

So the system has a 250litre res, id say this is the minimum size for any multipot gravity fed system. The reason being that smaller tanks struggle with pressure and getting the tank empty to all pots. I will build a platform around 2ft high so the res is raised so again increasing pressure. If I find the trays are struggling to fill I might adapt the system to a top fed drip system but i doubt that will be necessary.

The clones are currently in 500ml pots and well rooted. They will be transfered to the system in the next day or 2. they will be top fed until well rooted and LST and topped. I think I will scrog these plants also. Just depends how much time i can spend at the grow in the beginning because i go for an operation next week and will be out of action a couple weeks. The plants will have to be canopy managed regardless as the Amnesia Haze can get tall.

Heres a few pics of the system in the box, i will get some pics up of the built system in the next day or so and maybe get a video up of it running.

GOPR0284.JPG

GOPR0285.JPG

GOPR0286.JPG

GOPR0287.JPG

GOPR0288.JPG

This is a very simple system. Bottom fed until the ball valve stops water coming into the tray, this can be adjusted to different levels but i expect these plants to take around 4 litres per day in nutrient in flower. There is a control unit with a shut off valve that runs on a couple of AAA batteries. It has a timer which can be set to allow for specific feed times. Ive been wanting to run these systems for a while but i just havent gotten around to it. If its successful here i will be running all my big rooms on these systems so im hoping it works well.

Hey man nice stuff, quick question... I am a new grower with this same system, I was going to use a coco/perlite medium, however I have heard that coco doesn't do well with bottom feeding due to messing with the salt levels, did you experience anything like this?

Hello everyone.

GOPR0284.JPG

GOPR0285.JPG

GOPR0286.JPG

GOPR0287.JPG

GOPR0288.JPG

Ok I'll stick for 55% during flowering, I've been keeping them between 55 and 60 in veg atmo, although it creeps up to 68 70 during lights off. OK so no dehumidifier needed unless it's going over 60%, got it. I take it that's when there is more chance of bud rot setting in and the size of the buds matter too.

You can see you've been growing a while cult, you've got some exceptional skills and your journals are just a wealth of knowledge for newbies like me. Exactly that, I can imagine it was just trial and error unless you happened to know somebody who knew what they were doing and they passed on their knowledge. New growers like myself are so lucky to have 420mag and growers like yourself who are willing to share their knowledge with others.

It sucks that good growers like yourself can't get a legit medical license, I'm hoping eventually we will follow suit like Canada and some states in America where you're allowed to grow for a certain number of patients, it's just so crazy that a little plant can cause so much bullshit and fuss. Especially when the advantages are so huge. Yeah that's a good bit of advice, I've seen you say that a few times, advice should only come from people who can back up their shit, and you certainly can, I'll say that again and again lol.
Air movement is more important to me than a whopping great humidifier unless you are in a humid environment to start off with. The last three weeks to me its all about keeping your temperatures medium too low. But not too low as botrytis(bud rot) grows in cool moist areas. Once your buds are really filling strip every shade leaf off, do not rip off that protrude from out of a large cola...this will lead to rot as well. What you need to do is lower the humidity inside the plant and removing all the leaves is key to this. But only do this after week 6, when the plant doesn't need the leaves and its just onto swelling. This will lower the humidity in your tent because there is much less transpiration going on.

Hello everyone.

GOPR0284.JPG

GOPR0285.JPG

GOPR0286.JPG

GOPR0287.JPG

GOPR0288.JPG

Hello Cultivator :)….. just spent an hour or so setting the system up. Very happy with my work, all is good in that respect. Put batteries into the timer and it made a short whirring sound. Aside from that, it won’t operate at all, despite the green power light being illuminated. I planned to do a timed flood set to ‘on’ just to work out how many minutes it would take to add 1 litre to each tray. But the timer just won’t allow anything out at all. The valve on the main tank is set to allow flow so I just can’t work out how to allow it through the timer…. Any help appreciated if anyone has experienced this….

Back
Top Bottom