Alienpus's DWC, Indoor, HPS: Kripple Shock, Incredible Bulk & Ice Cream, 2014

May not look like much but these are 13 of the most beautiful seeds I have ever seen, they are the result of my first attempt at producing my own female seeds. I plucked them from a cluster of flowers that I turned male that pollinated itself.

IMG_157716.JPG

This right here is awesome. How did you learn to do this and do you still have the material that I can reference? I would like to make my own Blue Kush fem seeds that I got from Dinafem but I dont even know where to begin.

This right here is awesome. How did you learn to do this and do you still have the material that I can reference? I would like to make my own Blue Kush fem seeds that I got from Dinafem but I dont even know where to begin.

It's actually really easy/foolproof and pretty common, a search of the forum and google is where I got my info, there are a few papers out there from research done in Indian Universities in the 70's and 80's on cannabis and cucumbers, I used one of their methods. Search terms "induction male flowers". Basically a 100PPM ionic silver solution of distilled water and common Silver Nitrate (AgNo3) sprayed on shoots and any pistils every one or two days from the beginning of flowering will prevent female flowers and male flowers will form. Checking out the difference between colloidal and ionic silver first will be helful.

Table one is coming along really well, still amazes me that 8 plants can grow from this:

IMG_134220.JPG

To this in seven weeks

IMG_164018.JPG

For the last 10 days the HPS has been outgrowing the LED by a lot, up until that point BUD growth was pretty much the same, although there were many differences between the plants themselves. In this picture the LED is in the foreground, note how buds get progressively larger as they transition to the HPS in the background.

IMG_163420.JPG

These buds are near the HPS much fatter

IMG_163716.JPG

I'm digging your style, nice work man! Here to learn as much as I can.... :Namaste:

This particular post is directed at a friend of mine on how and why his clones into cubes.

In these examples the cutting has been placed in the cube a few minutes before, but I suggest you put them in after. Cut your corners then wrap the plastic tightly and make sure it goes to the bottom of the cube when it's in the basket. This forces roots to come out of the bottom only, that's how we veg them in one DWC system and move them to another without damage to the roots, like from my veg box to the flowering tables.

The cover is important, it drastically reduces even eliminates white flies, reduces humidity under the canopy, no algae growth on surface, and prevents evaporation from top of cube, so there is no salt (nutes) accumulation in the cube which can cause and mimic all kinds of problems.

Even though we put them in baskets now, since they are in cubes they don't need to go in a DWC system now, I usually pack them all in standard trays under one 400W instead of two for a week, then drop them in the system. This also gives you a head start by starting to veg before freeing up the system by harvesting. At this stage I usually start more plants than I need so once they go in the system I eliminate the biggest one and the other smaller ones giving a much more even canopy.

IMG_164121.JPG

IMG_164217.JPG

IMG_164315.JPG
s

IMG_164415.JPG

At this point the 1200W LED has fallen so much behind that the biggest LED bud is now half the size of an average 1K HPS bud. This mirrors a test done by a buddy with a mars 1600w LED, his buds are a little bigger then mine but nowhere near the 1K HPS. I am disappointed as I keep reading how these light are gods gift to indoor gardening and was expecting more. The LED buds are still nice, there is just half as much. We may not be using them right? I have a much more scientific test lined up in another rig once we free everything up.

At this point the 1200W LED has fallen so much behind that the biggest LED bud is now half the size of an average 1K HPS bud. This mirrors a test done by a buddy with a mars 1600w LED, his buds are a little bigger then mine but nowhere near the 1K HPS. I am disappointed as I keep reading how these light are gods gift to indoor gardening and was expecting more. The LED buds are still nice, there is just half as much. We may not be using them right? I have a much more scientific test lined up in another rig once we free everything up.

What about bud density? Are the LED maybe denser than the HPS even though the HPS are bigger in volume? Just a thought....

Good info, good info. As for someone on the fence with LEDs, this helps. Thanks

What about bud density? Are the LED maybe denser than the HPS even though the HPS are bigger in volume? Just a thought....

Good point, I just squeezed a few buds and I would say yes, they do seem a denser (maybe 15%), the entire plants are more compact. The HPS has much more recent growth though, and I expect that to get denser, well I hope. About 10 days to harvest we'll see

These are the 12 selected pheno's from the Krippling strains that are next to flower. The smaller ones are going under a 430W HPS and the larger ones under CFL's for a few days until they even out.

IMG_165020.JPG

One of the first traits I look for in a pheno is rooting, all 5 examples of #4 and 'F' all rooted under 10 days with cube splitting force in RW as well as the bubble cloner. They also have the most vigor, they are my favorite so far.

Plant #4:

IMG_164616.JPG

Right on with the Fem seeds Bro, good to see the DIY'ers doing this cause it is a lot easier than most think. And you can basically save the strains you like forever in seed form.

Lucky bastard, PH dosing unit for cheap!

I like the LED for Vegging only even though I don't use it for that. It weighs a ton for what it is and it will never beat the weight of the 1000hps, never noticed any density difference I did notice weight difference though.

Nice Journal man really nice indeed I love the way you utilize the grow area to heat your home, super way to be efficient, I love it.

Came up with this a little while back, though I'm probably not the first. It works well, is durable, and looks good too.
Fold up a paper towel and wet it down and squeeze it flat to make the pad and let it dry unless you need the moisture, make it just thin enough so that the top lid seals on the bottom one, I crazy glue them together. Use a few drops of water on the pad to keep buds at perfect humidity, and a complete wet down to rehydrate dry product.

IMG_165217.JPG

IMG_165322.JPG

IMG_165418.JPG

IMG_165615.JPG

I have 6 of the 8 plants from table one curing away the other two should go in the bin tomorrow.

IMG_167619.JPG

Almost 8 weeks in, the LED is putting out decent bud, just less and I have the impression it may be ready a week before the HPS. My friends with the glasses are LED. I had some other nice pics but no matter what I do I can't rotate them.

IMG_166921.JPG

IMG_167121.JPG

not your first barbeque, i can see that,, clean as a whistle, gotta like that. i will be enjoying following along, iffin ya don't mind. a lot of experience in this journal,, this will be a great help also,, thanks again alien,, cheers

Hola Alienpus! :wood:
Joined quite late but I see some really good things going on in your garden!:geek:
In the post above, can u pls explain your process? It appears you got quite a bit of return on your 3/4 investment.
Please tell?

Back
Top Bottom