Alientic's 1st Grow of PPP, Snow White and Supergirl

It looks strange from the sides lol. How are they reacting?
I checked on them at 4 a.m. and they looked fine. Light's off right now so I'll check them when it comes back on tonight. The problem was they were so bushy and all the earlier leaves were starved of light and they had nute burn all over. A lot of crackling leaves underneath. If this turns out to be a bad thing I will not prune next time.

Here are some pics from 12/23/08

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_15971.JPG

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_16001.JPG

IMG_16011.JPG

IMG_16022.JPG

IMG_16032.JPG

IMG_1604.JPG

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. As some of you may know I pruned the ladies on 12/22. They appear to be doing okay but I’m by no means a professional I’ll leave that up to you guys and gals once you see the pics. They have been flowering for 9 days so far.

Here are the numbers:
pH 6.0 (Guess according to color chart)
Temp 78.6 F
RH 42%
ppm 1190
IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_16061.JPG

IMG_1607.JPG

IMG_1608.JPG

IMG_16091.JPG

IMG_1610.JPG

IMG_16111.JPG

IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_16143.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

IMG_16171.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

They look fine, once they start budding they will concentrate everything into all those tops and each one will have a big fat cola. They really start packing it in 6-7 weeks patience is the key.

I noticed a lot of the leaves have odd colors on them. I am sure they will be fine, I have seen journals on here turn out great with worse looking leaves.

From your earlier pics it seems to have spread some but maybe that's just the different angles in the photographs that might give me that impression. I am not sure what would cause that to be honest, maybe nute burn or nute lockout? Hopefully someone on here can help you make an adjustment.

I noticed a lot of the leaves have odd colors on them. I am sure they will be fine, I have seen journals on here turn out great with worse looking leaves.

From your earlier pics it seems to have spread some but maybe that's just the different angles in the photographs that might give me that impression. I am not sure what would cause that to be honest, maybe nute burn or nute lockout? Hopefully someone on here can help you make an adjustment.
I'm having to make what I think are major adjustments to the pH daily so it could be nute lockout but I'm not sure.

Is it possible to encourage new growth by hitting the sides with lumens?
I am asking since I have no clue.

:bong:

whats up man...looking good. I would think extra light couldnt hurt, watch the heat though. It may help the leaves undernieth of the canapy for shore.
Keep up the good work man. PEACE
HERE LETS SMOKE............:passitleft:

Side lighting is great for the lower growth, makes the popcorn nuggies bigger, better, and stronger. Since you have no lower growth, I am not sure how much it will actually benefit you. It looks like you have good light coverage....If I was you I would use some LSTing and try to open it up a little bit more in there, so you can maximize the light you have now, then if you have any weak areas you can bring in some secondary lighting.... :peace:

I have no clue :grinjoint:

Sidelights will produce heavier buds on the lower portions of the plant, however, it will produce a taller stringier plant. If you really want to maximize your yield, you should try training the main stem sideways so you can make the side growth the same height as the main cola. This generally causes the side growth to grow the same way as tops. In SOG applications, you can get 5 - 10 colas to grow off the same plant by training it sideways along some chicken wire or netting while maximizing overhead lighting.

Looking good alientic,
I think with the burning on the leaves you might have to much nitrogen in your nutes,possibly lock out,
I think on your next nute change,add a cup of hydrogen peroxide, that will clean everything out, plus adds oxygen to the resivoir, How many airstones do you have in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom