Alkhemist - Top Feed Drip Hydroponics - Big Bud x Super Skunk #1

update pics... 13th day of flowering. i havent done much pruning at all with this grow.. as you can see. ive just wanted to let them do their own thing.. wil get down to the nitty gritty with the next grow. the shade leaves are very large and there is alot of foliage... but im starting to see some stretch at last... seemed like they slowed right down for a while there.

DSCF2292.JPG

DSCF2293.JPG

DSCF22911.JPG

ok, so i decided to tie my plants down after all! haha i am going to completely rearrange my grow space to accommodate 4 more pots for my next hydro grow and will do a comparison between hydro and soil grow in the same space within the next 2-3 mnths.

some update pics after i gavce a light prune of shade leaves and tied the main leaders down:

DSCF2337.JPG

DSCF2336.JPG

DSCF2334.JPG

DSCF23331.JPG

DSCF2332.JPG

keep it green everyone :Namaste:

ok, changed res today... topped up and added warm water to bring it to 20 celcius... water heater is set at 24 celcius. added 180 mils budzilla A and B bring my ec read to around 2.0 with 30 litres of water. all of the ladies have taken well to their new space and are responding well to being tied and pruned.. still only pre-fllowers showing tho.. taking her merry old time to start developing those big phat juicy buds :cheesygrinsmiley:

peace y'all and keep it green :cheesygrinsmiley:

update pics of day 25 into flowering.. have noticed that the plants have been slow in the bud formation so ive added a heater to the room to keep it at around low 20's celcius and upped the nute solution to 2.2 ec. have seen around 10 cm growth in the last 8 days:

DSCF24341.JPG

DSCF24332.JPG

DSCF2432.JPG

DSCF24312.JPG

wow they are looking very very healthy, way to go my friend :)
Have you ever read or looked into hi-yield methods like defoliation? Bassman59 is running a journal starts with Kosher Kush. If not google
Defoliation hi yield and click the 1st link. I am most def. going to try my hand at it :). The videos are really cool I will have to try it.
Ill be back for sure

wow they are looking very very healthy, way to go my friend :)
Have you ever read or looked into hi-yield methods like defoliation? Bassman59 is running a journal starts with Kosher Kush. If not google
Defoliation hi yield and click the 1st link. I am most def. going to try my hand at it :). The videos are really cool I will have to try it.
Ill be back for sure

hey arizona!

thanks for the positive feedback! very much appreciated :cheesygrinsmiley:
yeah i have used de-foliation before in the past... more so with sogs(and of course scrogs) that i did in soil but have done it with larger growing plants too (8-12 foot)... well, what i mean to say is i would strip all fan leaves and alot of shitty little bud sites on the lower parts of branches, that wouldnt amount to much anyway, to send all the growth to the colas... i have used it and seen great results in the past... hmm maybe that is something i should look at again
the only reason i leave so much foliage on these days is because i like to use the lower buds and growth for bubble hash/dry ice kief and oils made with isopropyl alcohol, i find i dont need to sacrifice so much buds and merely use all that crappy bud on the lower branches instead :cheesygrinsmiley:
but i might try that with my little hydro grow! i'll do 2 plants and leave 2 plants and see the comparison :cheesygrinsmiley:

thanks for the links arizona! i'll be taking a look right now to see what they are doing with their grows...
peace :Namaste:

update of changing the feedline to the top feeder to allow for a much greater overall coverage- compared to the original setup which only used 4x t connectors to irrigate at the top feed and have defoliate a little more- will do more this evening

recirculating top feed hydroponic system - YouTube

35th day of flowering... about halfway there.

after defoliating twice and now ongoing defoliation of 2 plants(obviously flowering cycle defoliation).. i havent seen any differences between the growth and bud formation of the 4 plants... could be due to the fact i havent bent/twisted branches over- altho i have tied the defoliated plants down ALOT more than the other two and opened light right through to bottoms.. or the fact i havent defoliated right through vegetative- altho i have read that flowering cycle defoliation is ample to see results, which is what i have done.. not sure, could be early days yet- but after a solid week of defoliation there are no differences yet. im hoping after week 2 to see differences not only in bud size but also bud spread- due to deeper light penetration of the 2 defoliated plants.

i think when i upgrade to another 4 pots of this system next round i will defoliate aggressively right from the start, use SLIGHTLY more drastic training techniques and also include GLR light cycles- i can HARDLY WAIT :cheesygrinsmiley: thanks to Mr Smith and his journals- i am now inspired :cheesygrinsmiley:

recirculating top feed hydroponics - YouTube

41 days into flowering... buds are starting to really resin up but sadly im not seeing any increases in size on the two plants i defoliated for the last 2 weeks which is a disappointment, if anything ive only seen them become stunted whilst the 2 plants i left- pruned lightly as i normally do and tied down lightly- have increased and ive seen the resin glands swell considerably more than the 2 defoliated plants... at this stage im seriously thinking i will forego defoliation and just stick with what i normally do with regards to thinning, pruning, training etc.. one thing i AM interested in testing is the GLR light cycles! will implement that next grow FOR SURE.

DSCF25921.JPG

Back
Top Bottom