Wow this journal moves fast...
Interestingly enough only one of our icons has hair?
:rofl:
but worth putting her mind at ease
So not in vain at all eh Dabber!? ;):battingeyelashes:
using an iPhone, you can use LumaFusion
Cool - thanks Bonsai, i’m Going to see if it comes for iPad as well...
CLICK THE THREE DOTS SHOWN ABOVE.

CLICK EDIT PHOTO

EDIT THE PICTURE AS YOU LIKE. PRESS EITHER SAVE or PREVIEW then SAVE.

I get by with a little help from my friends,
I get high with a little help from my friends

Thanks @Van Stank van for showing me how to do that!

Thanks both TMD and Van for that... that’s a new tip for me!! :thumb: I’ll see about having added it as a tip to the ‘official’ photo tutorial too...

Look on amazon for quantum meter
Thanks PW - I’m embarking on a journey into the world of QB LED lighting... I’ll add that to my list of things to save up for...

Hey Dabber, are you going to be able to post anything about building your frame for teh boards? Or have we confirmed that it’s a no go? I’m needing some videos or instructionals of one kind about the framing process... (like how close the boards can be to each other, methods joining the alu-channel together and stuff like that...). I’m pretty handy, but love watching and reading all the tutorials I can get my eyes and ears on when embarking on something new to me...

Bathtub garden is looking fab btw... :yummy:

:Namaste:

It just make sense to have one if you're growing indoors. I think it was penny who had a chart that showed how much % lost in growth due to not knowing what you light is actually giving your plant to use. I think it's a disservice for light makers to tell you to hang something so high and leave it go. It might get ya close but you don't know what the plant is getting without a meter.

Hey Dabber, are you going to be able to post anything about building your frame for teh boards? Or have we confirmed that it’s a no go? I’m needing some videos or instructionals of one kind about the framing process... (like how close the boards can be to each other, methods joining the alu-channel together and stuff like that...). I’m pretty handy, but love watching and reading all the tutorials I can get my eyes and ears on when embarking on something new to me...
I don't think the site has an alu-channel sponsor nor a tape measure one, so I'm thinking the assembly tutorial should be legit! Just flip the boards over first ;).

Wow this journal moves fast...
:rofl:
So not in vain at all eh Dabber!? ;):battingeyelashes:

Thanks both TMD and Van for that... that’s a new tip for me!! :thumb: I’ll see about having added it as a tip to the ‘official’ photo tutorial too...

Thanks PW - I’m embarking on a journey into the world of QB LED lighting... I’ll add that to my list of things to save up for...

Bathtub garden is looking fab btw... :yummy:

I'm sure between all the QB like guys we can help you whether it's a p.m. or emails

The frame was really easy I just guessed on the spacing based on what their coverage would be and then I had to learn what wire to what wire LOL but that was easy to

I laid mine out on the floor. I taped the outline of my tent (4x4) and moved things around and just looked at my spacing till it looked even.
Lol

That's too easy LOL

I got three foot pieces of aluminum for my four foot tent and just made them work...so about the same

I'm sure between all the QB like guys we can help you whether it's a p.m. or emails
But then only @Amy Gardner gets the info and the rest of the viewers have to keep asking every time. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the journals for us as well as the advertisers? We need Google searches to deliver people here looking for info on how to build a frame for the boards they buy.

Speaking of Google searches, whenever I type a question into Google, this site is almost never in the top 5 results.

@Amy Gardner Kingjoe83 may have a good photo of a frame that Furcifer built for 2x Fusion boards. It was simple but very functional.
I have some pics too heck I'd even take close-up pics and post them if needed I'm a rebel that's how I roll

But then only @Amy Gardner gets the info and the rest of the viewers have to keep asking every time. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the journals for us as well as the advertisers? We need Google searches to deliver people here looking for info on how to build a frame for the boards they buy.

Speaking of Google searches, whenever I type a question into Google, this site is almost never in the top 5 results.
Great point I don't see any reason why we can't do a how to the frame showing a backside of a board because that's what you're seeing , wiring drivers, it's no different I think than a light driver I don't think that's anything bad with that but I don't know again I'm a rebel

:thanks:
Thanks all - yep... been studying the wiring already (just pos to neg and you’re all good!). I haven’t done lectrickery before but I have made (soldered) audio cables - we used to make and repair all our own audio cables (tip, sleeve, ground etc ;) ). There’s heaps of vids on the tube too - its the growmau channel that’s a good one watch , yes?

I’ll be piping up with questions for sure :thumb: (it’ll be a while, I’m collecting the components slowly...)

I know dabs doesn't want to rock the boat I would do it on my thread but I don't have near the people popping in to my thread to be beneficial but and I don't want to rock the boat here of course if Dad's doesn't want it

Made mine out of 3/4" aluminum angle. I think only 1/16 think. I ended up just screwing thing together but not very tight as I let things float and twist so I can keep it closer to my canopy.
Same same then I used eye hooks in each corner and in the center I believe for the hanging works real well

I could be totally wrong but I think the rules are so strict to basically prevent spam. I doubt you’d have any problems as long as you didn’t try to sell whatever non sponsors stuff you have. Just say something like the site sponsor’s sell something very similar and this turorial directly applies to them too.

I don’t really know though I’m a “it’s better to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission” kind of guy.

It is the same program. I have it on my iPad and iPhone 5S. A little pricey for an app, but it's really nice. Some time to learn it all though. They have tutorials on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom