Yay video chums! It’s quite fascinating all the fun I’m having with videos and edits! I’m with You Dabs, life’s about to pick up for me so I’m reformatting how I write in my online journal. I can’t have a consistent day every week but it will likely be once a week for me too! Have fun with the editing and shoot me a message if you ever need a hand, different programming but ya knever know;)

Smart man;) My hubs knows this already but it was a lot of coaching from me! Lol
@newty u have to teach me how to do that so I can stop my man from talking about his gerbil wang everywhere lmao:p

@newty u have to teach me how to do that so I can stop my man from talking about his gerbil wang everywhere lmao:p
Bahahahahahahaha man it could be a 6 week course....lots of punishment and lots of positive reinforcement lol

Personally, if I had a "gerbil wang", I think I would remain silent. I don't want people to point and laugh..... :oops::laugh:

I laid mine out on the floor. I taped the outline of my tent (4x4) and moved things around and just looked at my spacing till it looked even.
Yeah - that’s a great idea actually :thumb: I did that with the couch I wanted - taped it out - to see how the space would be. I really worked.

I have a little scale drawing with bits of cardboard cut out to ‘rehearse’ the layout of the boards . I’m thinkIng, with a 1:1 version like you describe therem I could make strongcardboard pieces the size of the boards and then rehearse the config of the frame without getting the boards involved till the end. :nomo:

The second paragraph of my hand slap; after the non sponsored link part said that for member safety they didn't want diy light builds. That's why I've held off showing anything electrical or structural in nature. My ceiling grid is pretty visible in mine for those that can learn from a photo its a start. If we end up getting an all clear I'll show the process in a photo tutorial, same for the floating floor. Once I finish the build I'll give everyone a video walk through.

Yeah - that’s a great idea actually :thumb: I did that with the couch I wanted - taped it out - to see how the space would be. I really worked.

I have a little scale drawing with bits of cardboard cut out to ‘rehearse’ the layout of the boards . I’m thinkIng, with a 1:1 version like you describe therem I could make strongcardboard pieces the size of the boards and then rehearse the config of the frame without getting the boards involved till the end. :nomo:
Perfect. Might need a little more space between the boards for the wiring to go from one board to the other.

The second paragraph of my hand slap; after the non sponsored link part said that for member safety they didn't want diy light builds. That's why I've held off showing anything electrical or structural in nature. My ceiling grid is pretty visible in mine for those that can learn from a photo its a start. If we end up getting an all clear I'll show the process in a photo tutorial, same for the floating floor. Once I finish the build I'll give everyone a video walk through.

I'm a bit new...but are there not any diy builds on the forum

On my phone or I'd check

An additional consideration is our members' safety. We cannot take responsibility for any advice on DIY builds offered here, or the components employed, and we urge all our members never to blindly follow another's instructions and only to construct lighting panels if they are appropriately qualified. If you are in the least doubt, please remember that buying a pre-assembled panel from an accredited supplier will always be safer.

From Teddy.

So - do you think I’m out of bounds with my planning diagram?

That's kind of our whole dilemma. It seems like it's ok... until they say it's not.

But then only @Amy Gardner gets the info and the rest of the viewers have to keep asking every time. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the journals for us as well as the advertisers? We need Google searches to deliver people here looking for info on how to build a frame for the boards they buy.

This right here was the whole reason I wanted to post the build in the first place. If people are looking to build a light setup their probably in need of a site like this. Hence my frustration, were sponsored by a company with diy kits doesn't that contradict the safety thing then? Would it not be safer to give them proper knowledge? Hell a timber frame could easily hold some boards.........hmmm

Hey - are you saying timber would work? I’d assumed there’d be a heat dispersal thing going on with the alu... Not that they get very warm by all reports (part of the reason to get em)

Nope just the opposite. Aluminum is what they make heatsinks out of. It works great for dispersing heat. I'd have to double check I haven't looked at the timber stuff in a minute. But I believe they have something that could be easily modified to hold them. They aren't cheap for the amount of metal you get was why I haven't looked harder. I'll take a look tomorrow.

Wow. That was a lot of catching up.... fast is an understatement

Here we go
Wow this journal moves fast...

Hey Dabber, are you going to be able to post anything about building your frame for teh boards? Or have we confirmed that it’s a no go? I’m needing some videos or instructionals of one kind about the framing process... (like how close the boards can be to each other, methods joining the alu-channel together and stuff like that...). I’m pretty handy, but love watching and reading all the tutorials I can get my eyes and ears on when embarking on something new to me...

Bathtub garden is looking fab btw... :yummy:

:Namaste:

Thanks Amy! The answer is yes we will.do a tutorial on frames. Idk how building an aluminum frame is in disagreement with anything. I'll show you the method to my proposed madness. I'll be buying the material monday.

I don't think the site has an alu-channel sponsor nor a tape measure one, so I'm thinking the assembly tutorial should be legit! Just flip the boards over first ;).[Monday.
Thank you button?
:thanks:

Great point I don't see any reason why we can't do a how to the frame showing a backside of a board because that's what you're seeing , wiring drivers, it's no different I think than a light driver I don't think that's anything bad with that but I don't know again I'm a rebel

I know dabs doesn't want to rock the boat I would do it on my thread but I don't have near the people popping in to my thread to be beneficial but and I don't want to rock the boat here of course if Dad's doesn't want it
I could be totally wrong but I think the rules are so strict to basically prevent spam. I doubt you’d have any problems as long as you didn’t try to sell whatever non sponsors stuff you have. Just say something like the site sponsor’s sell something very similar and this turorial directly applies to them too.

I don’t really know though I’m a “it’s better to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission” kind of guy.

Waves no waves it's a frame. I built them for a living. It's a crime to not let me share...

He tell you i made a gerbil stick?

Back
Top Bottom