I've read, with the current technology, you need about 30 watts per square foot of power for an LED (at the wall). Now this will change as drivers/LEDs get more efficient. That number is for getting 1 g/w.

I can't say this is gospel, and there is much more invovled than light. Technique, grow media and all kinds of things also effect the amount of yield.

If you need heat mount the drivers on the back wall about 1/3 of the way up and put a fan blowing down over them. This will drive the heat to the bottom of the room and will give you air circulation thru your plants.

This is a brilliant idea. You have me thinking about my closet. It's too cold in there, and this may be the answer. :hug:

I'm doing better each grow. 100, 96, 250, and 330. Hoping to hit the lbs Mark this time. Not saying the 320 is crap by any means, just don't think I could pull 725g like it pulls from the wall.

It pulls 725 watts from the wall and is only rated at 320w??

My mistake, I thought it was rated at 320w. Have you checked the power draw?

This is a brilliant idea. You have me thinking about my closet. It's too cold in there, and this may be the answer. :hug:

They need your warm loving heart Sue...... or a heater if you can't keep them warm all the time. :circle-of-love:

Forsure bonsai, so many factors ....
No worries you will get there. That light does have some serious potential, but 4x4 is a bit much for it to cover. Looks like 3 by 3 it does really well. Again it depends a lot on how high it is and many o the factor.

Remember unless someone is growing the same strain, same medium, same environment, et cetera, it's not a good idea to compare. Sounds like your trending upward which is all a new grower can ask imo.

320 epistar ... 725 from the wall. 23 x 22 light size

I think I was correcting as you were posting.

Looks like you are on your way to a g/w

They need your warm loving heart Sue...... or a heater if you can't keep them warm all the time. :circle-of-love:

Well if that isn't one of the sweetest things I've been told today. Lol! Well timed Bonsaiweed:hug:

I'm in a 2x4x5 tent... Using a 400w MH /HPS now but not liking the coverage. The kit I am looking at is 3 qb288's end to end which seems like a good shape for my rectangular tent. About 650 cdn delivered including everything needed. I figure I can dial it down a good bit and probably still get as good as or better than the hps which is really dying out in the foot or so each end of the tent if you know what I mean.. I usually scrog so I I'd like to get fairly equal light levels right across. What do you guys think?

I am also in Canada. Ordered some parts to make my own qb lights. I am getting 4 boards, 2 drivers, heat sinks, other miscellaneous items(wire, connectors, etc.) for about $500 to the door. Supposedly the same Samsung s6 diodes that are in other good kits. 312 per board . 1248 led for $500 or 864 led for $650. Message me for more info if needed. A well known member on this board pointed me in this direction. Either way I'll post some pictures when it is all setup.

Well if were looking at diodes I bought 10 qb120 boards for $290. 1200 diodes for$290. Drivers were $164 per driver but that's 600 watts of lovely full spectrum white light with hardly any heat. Now if they would just stock them again it would be great for us consumers.
March 6th they will be avalible on Ama-juan

Yah I wanted qb120 originally or qb 132. But finding them in stock and available for shipment to Canada was the issue. Also the $500 price I said was in Canadian dollars including shipping. So its still a decent enough price point for me, and it will prob actually be easier to setup. Now I can use the heat sinks to hang everything. I was going to have to fabricate some sort of a frame with the qb boards. Either way I am looking forward to some new lower heat lighting.

Thought you would find it amusing to hear I just got final approval for the 320xl kit from my beautiful amazing wife hehe.. I have been tempted to follow a more DIY route and save a few bucks probably but I am pretty busy these days, and it's been 20 years since I took electronics engineering in college and hated it so I will keep it simple. Looks like the cdn-us exchange rate is becoming less favourable all the time and I don't want to risk lack of availability later this year after our laws change. Going to pack up a juicy bowl and go place my order.

Thought you would find it amusing to hear I just got final approval for the 320xl kit from my beautiful amazing wife hehe.. I have been tempted to follow a more DIY route and save a few bucks probably but I am pretty busy these days, and it's been 20 years since I took electronics engineering in college and hated it so I will keep it simple. Looks like the cdn-us exchange rate is becoming less favourable all the time and I don't want to risk lack of availability later this year after our laws change. Going to pack up a juicy bowl and go place my order.

A HUGE congrats on the momentous occasion! Yeah in a 4 by 2 that's gonna be hard to beat!

A HUGE congrats on the momentous occasion! Yeah in a 4 by 2 that's gonna be hard to beat!
Haha thanks and yes I think it will be a good upgrade, I will definitely be around to show it off lol.
Speaking of showing off how are your plants doing, pix?!? Or are you still getting set up?

Back
Top Bottom