Hello my dear 420 family friends and followers!
:ganjamon::circle-of-love::420::circle-of-love::ganjamon:

I'm back (never left?) For the second installment of growing strawberry kush in a bath tub. The first adventure was a fun one but I am hoping that was the tip of the iceberg in relation to what will hopefully be a life long love affair with the amazing healing plant that is cannabis.

The girls I am about to flip have been used and abused quite a bit because I ended up with too many plants in far too small of a space. They are on the mend now and need be flipped before I have more plant than space yet again.....

First maybe a little about me?

I live in Alaska with my beautiful wife and child. I love dabs but mostly all things cannabis. I did a lot of production (making concentrates) before moving up here but only had one incomplete grow under my belt before my recent harvest. Needless to say I'm hooked. I poked around many sites and I couldnt stand the lack of respect "community members" treated their peers with. Especially the new growers, so i joined 420 mag back in september (I think). The truth is there's more then one way to skin a cat and God only knows how many different ways to grow cannabis, and I fell in love with the positive encouraging community here and the rest it history.

I started growing in hempy, but am trying basically pure coco this grow.

This will be my raw info post and I will either edit pics in but probably try and just do a separate post.... time will tell

Anyways

:nomo::nomo::nomo:

Strains

2- Strawberry kush clones from my first run.

1- strawberry kush (sativa pheno aka frosty as my back yard looks currently)

Both from 420

1- ATF regular from stank genetics

Lighting

Horticulture lighting group quantum boards

QB 120s x 2 (3000k)

QB 132 x 4 (TBD arriving saturday)

Medium

Coco coir and sprinkles of perlite in fabric pots

Nutrients

Veg: AN cal mag xtra, sensi grow for coco part a and b, pirhana, voodoo juice, liquid karma, molasses

Flower: AN Ph perfect 3 part fertilizer, botanicare liquid karma, AN voodoo juice and pirhana, molasses, AN rhino skin, and last but never least TERPINATOR.

Space specs

Bathtub is nearly 5 foot by 2.5 foot by 8 foot.

But as you may know I like to spread em real good. This is my final "grow for yield" grow, as I will dive into pollen chucking next.

Environment

I haven't grown in the "warm" months here yet, but I range 75 to 81 lights on and humidity is normally between 35% and 50%

Feed levels

For feed schedules in coco suggest cultivators coco thread and feed schedule

How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

I roughly follow his feed levels.

Last and never least, I need to give a huge shout out to all of you who have helped me become the grower I am today and hopefully the grower I will be years from now. I don't feel we should never stop striving and pushing the limits of what is possible and what is accepted knowledge.

Here are the link to my soon to be completed first full grow:
Themaddabber's Hempy Bucket Bathtub Grow 2017

My concentrate thread:
Concentrate Corner - Concentrating cannabis for combustion

And my "breeding" journal:
The Quest For Midnight Sunshine - Dabber Begins Breeding Bodacious Botanicals

Thank you all so much for being here. Please let me say we love to have laughs and joke, so my advanced apologies to teddy for any content that need be removed. And let me also say that while we joke and poke fun it's because we are friends and feel we know how much harassment the other can take. **If anyanyone EVER feels uncomfortable bullied or threatened, please message me directly and we can work through it.**

I only want this to be a fun respectful, and most importantly, an EDUCATIONAL thread for growers new and old (in age and/or experience)

So welcome all to the dabbin' cabin, help yourself to a seat, snack, good times and great meds...

:ganjamon::circle-of-love::420::circle-of-love::ganjamon:

In! Only thing you forgot was pictures ;).

Oh, and two of your three links didn't post.

Thanks dude. Pics are coming. And I edited in all my links as well as the coco feed schedule link by cultivator

(Que music)..... The Love Tub, soon we'll be making another run......

Cool, I'm in for the second episode. :thumb:

:passitleft:

May I watch? :popcorn:
Indeed you may! Welcome aboard my southern hemisphere friend!

Subbed. I wanna watch these QB's in action!
Well I just hope I can do them justice! Otherwise hlg may feel dumb for sending me freebies...

Anyways, welcome! I'm honestly exited to see myself. I know others do awesome with the larger power draw boards, but member like myself and @Derbybud love the fact that these things run without need for thermal interface. @Chris Scorpio is running the 132s in his tent also. So there are a few of us who will know really soon how these suckers can bloom bushes.

I have both the qb120s that don't require a heat sink that I run as a 9 board unit and i have 3 260 watt kits that come with the heatsink and everything. I'm running a complete grow with the 9 panel light thru to see how it does. I've heard others with the more powerful lights that burn tops and such and actually lost some potency. What i like about the qb120 boards is there is no heat coming off of them and last summer i had extreme heat problems that cause allot of fox tailing. I ran the qb120s at about 75% in veg and only had them 6-8" above my canopy. I'm flowering now and let the plants grow up to the lights before i raise them and then i only raise them maybe 2" and I'm running them at about 90%. The plants are loving them.

What I'm thinking I'll end up doing is run my mars 1200 in the veg tent (as that's all its good for if you put a meter under it) and when they come in the flower tent go with the bigger 260 watt kits for about 4 weeks then under the less powerful 120 boards to finish. I'm thinking spring is easy light summer hit them hard and fall hit them easier again. We'll see sometime down the road

What I'm thinking I'll end up doing is run my mars 1200 in the veg tent (as that's all its good for if you put a meter under it) and when they come in the flower tent go with the bigger 260 watt kits for about 4 weeks then under the less powerful 120 boards to finish. I'm thinking spring is easy light summer hit them hard and fall hit them easier again. We'll see sometime down the road
Yes my blurple will be headed for the veg cab. Well it will be growing my Jack Herer auto. But in that space the light will suffice just fine.

Either way flowering under those white leds will work great for you in sure of it derb!

Awesome, subbed. I have my itchy online shopping finger on a 320xl qb kit.. Very interested to see yours. Best of luck with the grow.
Welcome PE!!! Not sure what space you are growing in, but it's hard to beat the price point on the qb132s. Driver costs 60 bucks and the boards cost 133. So under 200 bucks for 240 watts of some of the best and most efficient lighting on the market. Not to mention the money saved in not needing heat sinks. I will post pics and tutorials on the "build", which is splicing a couple wires and pushing a few other wires into molex connectors. So easy a dabber could do it!

Sorry for rambling on Mad. I just realized you just started this journal. I get so excited talking qb's

Dude this is the QB HQ! Well it's not, but I could be! If I add anything to this build it would be the new disc boards growmau5 just designed. I'd run 2. One between each set of qbs. Just to give me that deep red.

But no derby you and your build pics and testimonials are just what I'm looking for and what convinced me to go 100% QUANTUM

Dude this is the QB HQ! Well it's not, but I could be! If I add anything to this build it would be the new disc boards growmau5 just designed. I'd run 2. One between each set of qbs. Just to give me that deep red.

But no derby you and your build pics and testimonials are just what I'm looking for and what convinced me to go 100% QUANTUM
Are those the far red pucks? I was thinking about getting a few of those myself. They say to put it on a separate timer for 5-10 min before lights come on and after they go off. No need to run them with the lights. It's supposed to mimic sun rise and sun set. Helps wake up the girls and put them nighty night. More drivers i need more drivers.

Back
Top Bottom