All About Terpene Supplements: Holy Grail Thread Spin-off

This particular one I'm using as a test bed is an ethanol extraction of blue dream using my "orange dragon" procedure. I've also done a test of the Pineapple Express in a naturally decarbed ethanol extraction of Dance World, a 1:1 thc:cbd. I'll give a report in the near future but just a heads up, it was a bit disappointing by comparison.

A little update on progress.

First, no response from True Terpenes as of yet. While responses in the past have always been timely, I'm going to assume, yesterday being Monday, perhaps they were overwhelmed filling orders received over the weekend. I'll wait another day prior to voicing disappointment.

Next, I've learned to curb my enthusiasm over the use of the Durban Poison blend but am still really enjoying it. It's now my go-to favorite for a morning pick-me-up. Earlier, I mentioned that it may have given a little relief of some minor joint discomfort. Well, after a few days of consecutive use, it has proven to be somewhat more effective than the same tincture without the terpene additives.

I had shared a few drops of the Durban Poison with a friend for his take on it. At the time he was titrating with a new batch of infused coconut oil caps and then came down with the flu (YUCK) so hopefully report to come in the near future if he survives.

I also shared some with a lady friend [strictly plutonic relationship (but at my age I have no other option!)]. Her response was a little less dramatic but her assessment ran pretty well parallel with mine. An interesting observation on her part: She had some ethanol extraction tincture as well as a coconut oil transfer using the same material. Using the oil, she noticed no early onset of effects and claimed the added benefit of the terpene additive was less pronounced in the oil than in the ethanol tincture. She went on to qualify the difference as a possible result of some digestive issues from which she suffers causing a deficit in assimilation of the oil mixture. Interesting factoid and one I'd like to continue investigating.

On to the Pineapple Express blend. I made a mistake by adding this to a naturally decarbed ethanol tincture of Dance World; a 1:1 thc:cbd strain. I see now this was probably not the best choice with which to perform a comparison test. The results were far less dramatic offering only a mild increase in a mood elevation. Not using the same tincture leads me to question if the differing effects were the results of the different base tinctures or some unexpected poor performance due to the cbd content or...... My supplies up here are limited and I'll repeat this test using some of the same Blue Dream tincture for a more controlled comparison test when I return to my casa del sur in a couple of days.

Stay tuned
BCDD

I ordered three 1ml samples from Amazon of Fogg terpenes. I got OG Kush which I have a lot of herbs of, White Widow, and Durban Poison cause it was mentioned here. They didn't have prime shipping so it will take a few days I imagine. I'll post my results. I don't have tinctures or oils to add it too, but read that adding one drop to 1 gram of ground flowers then letting it sit for an hour in a slightly heated sealed jar should work.

BCDD, Dr,
While something you can add a drop to your morning coffee may be what you are looking for, a drop on a bowl of familiar bud may be a good way to evaluate/compare what a terpene profile is adding to a buzz.

I did try a nail hit of a strain profile in CBD once. Light headed in a good way, then almost daisy in a good way, then calm, safe and focused all in about five minutes. After 20 minutes I did a small bowl of good bud. It defiantly was an enhanced high. The high was there but expressed in a softer way. There was an edginess that was not there that I had not associated with the strain.

Totally agree, canyon. While we're in an edibles sub forum, I'm anxious to glean comparisons through whatever modality our fellow members can provide. If my abused old lungs still allowed for an occasional toke, I'd be right there also. I'm looking forward to drdoob's assessment and would like to solicit participation from others irrelevant of their choice of medication delivery methods.

Oh sorry, I didn't even know this was a sub-forum for edibles. It's harder to tell these things on the phone app, I'll have to pay more attention.

I got an email saying all three shipped and should arrive before next Monday. After reading the reports here and a bit of my own research I am excited to try them. I will keep the edibles sub forum in mind when replying with my report and try to not go too far off topic. :thumb:

:oops:I'm afraid I find a little egg on my face. In a continuing effort to ferret out the reason for the inconsistencies in the Durban Poison terpene profile analyses, I contacted a representative of Steep Hills Labs. They pointed out in their effort to establish a strain fingerprint profile, they are NOT testing for the highest terpene content of each strain but have chosen five major terpenes and five major cannabinoids that most often appear in all strains and use this for comparison purposes. Just because a particular terpene doesn't appear in their terpene analysis it is not indicative that it isn't present in that particular strain and, in fact, could be the prominent terpene present.

My apologies to all concerned. Sometimes my powers of observation fall short of the mark!

BCDD

Oh sorry, I didn't even know this was a sub-forum for edibles. It's harder to tell these things on the phone app, I'll have to pay more attention.

I got an email saying all three shipped and should arrive before next Monday. After reading the reports here and a bit of my own research I am excited to try them. I will keep the edibles sub forum in mind when replying with my report and try to not go too far off topic. :thumb:

oh please don't be sorry, drdoob. I'm sure I speak for all in welcoming your review to our thread. Our intent here is to explore the efficacy of this new toy and as I said we'd like to learn from all facets available. Again, welcome aboard and hang around for the show. I feel that probably the only reason it appears in this sub forum is we didn't have anywhere to go that was more appropriate. My apologies if my reference was misunderstood.

sigmaaldrich.com
This company had all of the six terpenes I searched for in food grade, some were also offered in pharmaceutical grade. Most of there smallest quantities are above what we would be looking for, but not all. You can get a sample of food grade a-pinene for $44 or 20 kilogram for $401. One mill tends to be the smallest quantity for terpenes.

I did stumble on this. Cannabis Terpene Mix A certified reference material, 2000 μg/mL each component in methanol.

.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/supelco/crm40755?lang=en&region=US
(Hint: 420 does not like links that may become broken)

I never know

oh please don't be sorry, drdoob. I'm sure I speak for all in welcoming your review to our thread. Our intent here is to explore the efficacy of this new toy and as I said we'd like to learn from all facets available. Again, welcome aboard and hang around for the show. I feel that probably the only reason it appears in this sub forum is we didn't have anywhere to go that was more appropriate. My apologies if my reference was misunderstood.

Not being the OP, I may be taking liberties to which I'm not entitled?!?

OLDBEAR :helpsmilie:

Don't fret, I just noticed that the parent/sister thread is listed in the edibles category also. I have been there from the beginning and I do not remember edibles being mentioned. I think both were chosen as closest fit more than anything else.

Not being the OP, I may be taking liberties to which I'm not entitled?!?

OLDBEAR :helpsmilie:

Hi Buc No worries mate - everything is fine. Keep on doing what you're doing :)

Good grief...you guys make my heart beat faster! :laughtwo:

greatwolf...... wonderful news about the cream. Ahhh..... life is good, eh?

Just received a response from a representative of True Terpene in regards to my inquiry. Pretty short and simplistic. A little surprised at the low tech determination of formulation of the blends; try it, like it, test it and replicate it. Kudos!

Glad to see we have an open channel of communications. Important segment of good customer service and I'll have to give them a gold star for legitimate responses to all my inquiries thus far.

"From our effects chart you'll see that public health research indicates Terpinolene in isolation has sedative effects. We have found that to be true. However, when combined with other substances it appears to have uplifting, stimulating effects.

We purchase flower we like, sample it, test it, and re-create it. This particular Durban Posion was found in Portland, OR.

Hope this helps!"

BCDD, With luck, I will be dropping off an oil sample Thursday or Friday for testing. I will try to time it around mid morning when it is likely to be slow. They already know we are interested in terpenes. I will ask if they would recommend a supplier. They have already cautioned me to be careful of sources.

They have said "Call if you need to ask something." I don't want to abuse it. Consulting is $200 an hour. It is better to share some bud and plant fotoes with each other and work a few questions in. One of those guys has some nice plants in 35 gallon pots.

I never know

Off topic,

The line length of type has an effect on the readability of type. I am on a 24" screen with the window open to a width that does not require scrolling. There are a lot of ways to view these forums. I have near 20/20 vision and no trouble reading the words at any of type size options. However I find that for me Size 3 is the most comfortable to read longer paragraphs. I have no idea what is best for say a cell phone.

The questions are which size is too small and which one is best for your viewing?

This is size 1 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. Nulla consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt. Cras dapibus. Vivamus elementum semper nisi. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus. Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies nisi. Nam eget dui. Etiam rhoncus. Maecenas tempus, tellus eget condimentum rhoncus, sem quam semper libero, sit amet adipiscing sem neque sed ipsum. Nam quam nunc, blandit vel, luctus pulvinar, hendrerit id, lorem. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus. Donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus. Nullam quis ante. Etiam sit amet orci eget eros faucibus tincidunt. Duis leo. Sed fringilla mauris sit

Size 2
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. Nulla consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt. Cras dapibus. Vivamus elementum semper nisi. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus. Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies nisi. Nam eget dui. Etiam rhoncus. Maecenas tempus, tellus eget condimentum rhoncus, sem quam semper libero, sit amet adipiscing sem neque sed ipsum. Nam quam nunc, blandit vel, luctus pulvinar, hendrerit id, lorem. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus. Donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus. Nullam quis ante. Etiam sit amet orci eget eros faucibus tincidunt. Duis leo. Sed

Size 3 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. Nulla consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt. Cras dapibus. Vivamus elementum semper nisi. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus. Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies nisi. Nam eget dui. Etiam rhoncus. Maecenas tempus, tellus eget condimentum rhoncus, sem quam semper libero, sit amet adipiscing sem neque sed ipsum. Nam quam nunc, blandit vel, luctus pulvinar, hendrerit id, lorem. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus. Donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus. Nullam quis ante. Etiam sit amet orci eget eros faucibus tincidunt. Duis leo. Sed fringilla mauris sit

Size 4 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. Nulla consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt. Cras dapibus. Vivamus elementum semper nisi. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus. Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies nisi. Nam eget dui. Etiam rhoncus. Maecenas tempus, tellus eget condimentum rhoncus, sem quam semper libero, sit amet adipiscing sem neque sed ipsum. Nam quam nunc, blandit vel, luctus pulvinar, hendrerit id, lorem. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus. Donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus. Nullam quis ante. Etiam sit amet orci eget eros faucibus tincidunt. Duis leo. Sed fringilla mauris sit

Size 5 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. Nulla consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt. Cras dapibus. Vivamus elementum semper nisi. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus. Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies nisi. Nam eget dui. Etiam rhoncus. Maecenas tempus, tellus eget condimentum rhoncus, sem quam semper libero, sit amet adipiscing sem neque sed ipsum. Nam quam nunc, blandit vel, luctus pulvinar, hendrerit id, lorem. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus. Donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus. Nullam quis ante. Etiam sit amet orci eget eros faucibus tincidunt. Duis leo. Sed fringilla mauris sit

Back
Top Bottom