All hair, No sugar!

weedification

I'm about 3 weeks into flower and the buds are growing sexily. There are tons of hairs and the buds are getting fat, but there are virtually no crystals on the leaves. I know friends that say they get sugary buds within a couple weeks of 12/12. My question is: Is it strictly genetics, or am I doing something wrong? Or should I just shut up and wait? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: All hair, No sugar!!!

How strange...after 5 weeks I have some sugar but no hairs....

week_three_first_grow_2_.jpg
Hey brother yeah , im with Green here, this is my random seed grow 3 weeks in mad hairs not sugar( but a week and a half later Bam there they are all Over the place now its even under the leaves, just takes a lil while.
V-

My babies... they have class. I have to romance them for a while before I get any sugar! I suspect your babies have a bit of class too.

I'm currently growing some Ice seeds from Nirvana. All the photos I've seen of the strain show lots of sugar. Currently, I'm deep into bloom with buds much further along than yours are at.

I got no sugar yet either. I'm in no way worried and hadn't even thought about it untill I saw your post.

Be patient... your babies are looking great and you'll see trichomes (sugar) soon enough.

The thrichomes come from the calyx. When you see sugar on your plant, that's the plant trying to attract more pollen and pollenators in a desprate act of trying to propigate. In an area with pollen, the plants would pollinate long before they got to the point of producing sugar.

Cheers, and relax, it's all good

<edit>
Sorry... I see the photo is from someone else. I thought it was from you. They actually appear to have a bit of sugar.

Cheers!

The Sugar Fairy made the rounds in my neck of the woods last night... A nice light coating on the upper parts of the colas.
Perhaps now that she's done in my neck of the woods, she'll visit yours next.

Cheers!

Meh, maybe a light dusting. This whole thing is really testing my patience. The buds don't seem to be filling in as fast as they should, and now the leaves at the top of the plant are all turning yellow. I'm sure I just need to chill out and wait, but it's hard to not look at it every day and worry.

Sigh.

Originally Posted by green acres
actualy resin is a trich sticky trichs and it is a defence against bugs and heat. more the better.
something ive learnewd from my breeding on choosing landraces from different parts of the world and different climates

Does this mean if I allow the tempature stay on the high side I will increase the amount of "sugar" the plant produces?

Back in the days of seeded outdoor grows,we used to call the appearance of trichs as the plant getting "hully" as the trichs appeared in a big way on the seed hulls after they were fully mature. The amount of trichs seemed to depend on where the seeds came from and if it was a hot dry fall.

Mexican sats were really variable. Oaxacans were notorious for their trich production,Guerreran weed not so much,Michoacan could go either way. With Colombian and Jamaican seeds you rarely saw 'em,it took too long for those plants to mature.The Hawaiian weeds were great for trichs if you could find or afford that weed to get some seeds.

Again,you really needed that hot dry fall for best results

I was into making hash,so I'd wait as long as I could for those trichs.

the hairs have trichomes but yeah i am interested in the science and how it impregnates the buds. like wtf??? crazy i never stopped to think ''how'' they were made...just that i dont want my baby havin any in her buds lol

that plant looks good though good job

Question, probably stupid of me, but what effect, if any, do trich's have on THC potency? I know we get excited when our buds are coated in frost, but is our excitement, my own included, just based on visual stimuli?

Thanks for the information on the defense mechanism of trich's, interesting stuff StormChaos.

An observation I made yesterday with a microscope showed trich's forming on the small leaves surrounding the bud, but the hairs seemed devoid of any, unless their so tiny I wasn't able to see them.

damn good question, i'd say its not just a visual thing. the trichomes are whats in the bottom of my grinder and it gets me the highest

Senior moment on my part asking that, thanks for reminding me 420boogie, I totally spaced kief....No wait! Easier to blame my brain fart on this stinky pale green medication :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom