All nighters club

I always find it fascinating how sheltered i am, i mean you talk to people from other countries and hear about things that have or are going on there and it blows me away, i didn't know there was an earthquake there, but anyway sounds like you got a good deal going there, ever entertain coming back to the States or are you gonna just make Italy your home?

Im about to start the night shift, it doesn't happen often and its not permanent but i hate it, i feel like an alcoholic having a beer at 4am when i get off work lol

Before 6 am is cool for drinking. I mean it's not the next day yet. By no scientific reasoning at all after 6am before noon is the markers. So your good. Feel guilt free with my somewhat fictional approach. Oh and if you are an alcoholic that's ok too. Hhehe :bravo:

Before 6 am is cool for drinking. I mean it's not the next day yet. By no scientific reasoning at all after 6am before noon is the markers. So your good. Feel guilt free with my somewhat fictional approach. Oh and if you are an alcoholic that's ok too. Hhehe :bravo:
Lol i like your reasoning, the guys i work with would get a kick out of it, but construction workers tend to not care, I'm the only one on my crew that doesn't want to buy beer at 6am, i don't like how the person behind the register looks at me lol

Lol i like your reasoning, the guys i work with would get a kick out of it, but construction workers tend to not care, I'm the only one on my crew that doesn't want to buy beer at 6am, i don't like how the person behind the register looks at me lol

Buy it the evening before lol

One of my many odd jobs was delivering the Washington post. Good money but harrrrrd work. 7 days a week no holidays no snow days. NO days off. Technically they freelance you. So they do what they want. I managed to keep it up for about a year before I hit the wall. High high turnover there. Had to be there at midnight to prepare the papers and I finished around 7am... I had the largest route in our warehouse delivering close to a thousand papers on Sunday and less on weekdays. Hard work. Horrible hours... but huge paycheck. I bought an 89 Honda Accord hatchback in 2010 for 800 bucks just to run the route because the wear and tear on any new vehicle would be horrendous plus the less gas used the higher your paycheck. That was my only true night shift job.

Both of my parents are pretty set on retiring here. They met at the American high school here on the American base I spoke about in the early 70's. So it looks like I'll be here for good. Both my parents are dual citizens as well so... financially it makes more sense to retire here.

I also left some legal trouble... shhhh. So if I did go back to the states... it would be the east coast again...

I'm lucky dog the bounty hunter hasn't come for me ;)
XxKitty

One of my many odd jobs was delivering the Washington post. Good money but harrrrrd work. 7 days a week no holidays no snow days. NO days off. Technically they freelance you. So they do what they want. I managed to keep it up for about a year before I hit the wall. High high turnover there. Had to be there at midnight to prepare the papers and I finished around 7am... I had the largest route in our warehouse delivering close to a thousand papers on Sunday and less on weekdays. Hard work. Horrible hours... but huge paycheck. I bought an 89 Honda Accord hatchback in 2010 for 800 bucks just to run the route because the wear and tear on any new vehicle would be horrendous plus the less gas used the higher your paycheck. That was my only true night shift job.

Both of my parents are pretty set on retiring here. They met at the American high school here on the American base I spoke about in the early 70's. So it looks like I'll be here for good. Both my parents are dual citizens as well so... financially it makes more sense to retire here.

I also left some legal trouble... shhhh. So if I did go back to the states... it would be the east coast again...

I'm lucky dog the bounty hunter hasn't come for me ;)
XxKitty

I like staying close to my parents too.

In Germany they have beer with breakfast all the time. Just stopping in the airport it's obvious the cultural difference... business men in suits eating big pretzels with a huge glass of beer over the paper.

In Italy, it's impolite to turn down a good wine at a business lunch. It's served in workplace cafeterias.

Funny how Americans have the strictest laws and etiquette regarding alcohol consumption but the highest rates of alcoholism...

Yeah what do they call that "wreckage of the past"? Lol i have some legal stuff to but i did what every cliche dope fiend movie shows and moved from the Detroit to the country, and I'm loving every moment of it. But yeah family would definitely help me determine where ill end up, i have a twin sister who would kill me if i moved too far lol

Yeah what do they call that "wreckage of the past"? Lol i have some legal stuff to but i did what every cliche dope fiend movie shows and moved from the Detroit to the country, and I'm loving every moment of it. But yeah family would definitely help me determine where ill end up, i have a twin sister who would kill me if i moved too far lol

Speaking of cultural differences... there is also the fact that my generation ... the older millenials... at least in my neck of the woods, were absolutely crushed by the pharmaceutical opiate epidemic. Every friend I have back home is in the program, in jail, still using, or dead.

I found my peace and it isn't in AA/NA and not because it doesn't work. I think it's great that people can work together to fight their demons but I tried that route and it wasn't for me. I could go home but I am quite sure that devil's shadow still looms over my old stomping grounds. I see it in the news everyday. I get 'that call' about someone I used to roll with at least twice a year.

I'm better off here. Free medical care, I work customer service with translation for a British website that has customers all over the EU and I do that from home with my computer and a dedicated landline... don't even have to work at a call center.

My mom is a teacher so she comes and stays with me all summer. She uses cannabis medicinally, also an ex opiate addict(OxyContin)... she has had rheumatoid arthritis since she was 23... she is 58 with two hip replacements, both feet fused, and a myriad of other painful joint problems. My plan is to get my first harvest done about the time she arrives :) s

I'm thinking we are probably the same age, i remember it was so hard to find heroin when i started, if your guy was out or got busted you were sick, and then it just exploded. We're the lucky ones that's for sure, it definitely humbles me, sadly though like you said it's taking lives. And yeah NA was good for me early on but i find my own peace now. thanks for the late night conversation, i like conversing with people who made it out, oh and happy Easter guys!

I'm thinking we are probably the same age, i remember it was so hard to find heroin when i started, if your guy was out or got busted you were sick, and then it just exploded. We're the lucky ones that's for sure, it definitely humbles me, sadly though like you said it's taking lives. And yeah NA was good for me early on but i find my own peace now. thanks for the late night conversation, i like conversing with people who made it out, oh and happy Easter guys!

Well... if your username is any indication ;) my first aol screenname was AleCat88... in middle school... when you were cool if you had a 56k modem.

Happy Easter! I have a kinder egg.... jealous??? They are technically illegal in the US.

Xx

Well... if your username is any indication ;) my first aol screenname was AleCat88... in middle school... when you were cool if you had a 56k modem.

Happy Easter! I have a kinder egg.... jealous??? They are technically illegal in the US.

Xx
Oh man i don't remember my aol screenname but i think it had something to do with the band korn, takes me back to the time when it would take a whole day to download a song

Yes... I am a dual citizen so I am very lucky. When I moved here I was taking care of my 94 year old grandfather and when he passed he left me this beautiful little condo on the Mediterranean! It's a simple but very good life here.

I haven't used... in four years at the end of June( was an IV opiate addict). I actually had to quit smoking cannabis for a while too... but I slowly was able to reintroduce it and not tip the scales. It's better than methadone for cravings and really helps with my little psychological eccentricities ;)
I, for one, am very proud of you !! my Sister died of overdose of herion at 55 yrs. old. Very sad day, Indeed !!

Back
Top Bottom