All Organic High Brix

Here are a few update pics. After looking really ragged and beat down, they're coming back!

These have 2-4 more weeks, depending on the strain.

On deck:
Strawberry Cough
Pineapple Express
OG Kush
Lemon Paki
possibly something else.

IMG_27211.jpg

IMG_27223.jpg

IMG_27232.jpg

IMG_27252.jpg

IMG_27262.jpg

IMG_27272.jpg

IMG_27284.jpg

IMG_27295.jpg

IMG_27351.jpg

IMG_27373.jpg

IMG_27302.jpg

IMG_27311.jpg

IMG_27322.jpg

IMG_27335.jpg

Just thought I would let you know I have found some caco3 from a agricultural company I emailed them and they informed me that it's 98.5% and works out at $16 for 25kg bag have just got to sort delivery. Just thought this stuff may be safer as it has no silica warning. What would be your thoughts on this.

Just thought I would let you know I have found some caco3 from a agricultural company I emailed them and they informed me that it's 98.5% and works out at $16 for 25kg bag have just got to sort delivery. Just thought this stuff may be safer as it has no silica warning. What would be your thoughts on this.

Sounds great! The silica warning ain't no big deal....just don't breathe the dust. Plants like silica!

Plants are looking great Doc, I really like seeing the different strains side by side to see the differences. As far as silica, just wear a dust mask and a common sprayer. Mist the pile as you are mixing it together, really knocks the dust down, less mess. I have found almost all the ingredients locally in "bulk". Pelletized lime, CalPhos, Pelletized gypsum and greensand. Will be using cottonseed meal as the "fertilizer" component to replace biosol forte. Mixed in 5 gal pails and applied to the veg garden. Worked indoors over the winter, now everything is going back outside.

If the delivery isn't to bad then might give it a try anyway as it's the higher calcium content I can find locally as I'm in the middle of no where and have to have most thing off the Internet anyway. I didn't realise cotton meal was similar to the bioforte I thought it was specific to high brix and feeding the microbes. I'm also going back outside and have had ag labs test the soil just getting all the stuff they suggested now.
Thanks for the info.

Plants look amazing doc, if I could do half the job you are I will be a berry happy man.

They look amazing bro! :adore: How many plants are you fitting under one light? They look huge!

:party:

If the delivery isn't to bad then might give it a try anyway as it's the higher calcium content I can find locally as I'm in the middle of no where and have to have most thing off the Internet anyway. I didn't realise cotton meal was similar to the bioforte I thought it was specific to high brix and feeding the microbes. I'm also going back outside and have had ag labs test the soil just getting all the stuff they suggested now.
Thanks for the info.

Plants look amazing doc, if I could do half the job you are I will be a berry happy man.

Please post a pic of your soil test. What kind of soil did you start with?

I'm wanting to get an idea of what is usually added to take potting soil to High Brix. Please post your soil test!

They look amazing bro! :adore: How many plants are you fitting under one light? They look huge!

:party:

They're much larger than I wanted. Lights are up as high as they go.....plants are over 5 feet tall, except for two purple jacks, which are normal sized. This is definitely a disappointment grow, but it's getting better and I'll harvest some decent product.

I did learn a great deal from this grow, and I think I figured out what went wrong, other than using pots that were too small.

Hi Doc
:ciao:
I've been working on getting everything in place to start to go high brix and wanted to run my plan past you if you don't mind???

I have 4 plants that are a couple of weeks old and intend to keep them as mothers. To date I've been using fox farm products to feed them. Watered them today with the nutes and added a larvicide called Gnatrol to get rid of some fungus gnats. Gnatrol is OMRI listed but I still don't like to use it and rarely do but figured it was better to do so before high brix than after. I should have all of my needed supplies this weekend and plan to start by top dressing with the rock powders and the tea. In a couple of weeks when I up-pot them they will go into full high brix soil mix with 1/3 strength OC+ to supplement. I'm going lite on the OC+ because I have some heat issues. I still have fox farm nutes that I can use if needed because I use fairly small pots and not sure how well high brix is going to work in them. From that point forward I'm hoping to keep them as organic and high brix as possible....but again the smaller pots might cause issues???

Any comments and/or suggestions would be appreciated...

:thanks:

I would also welcome any suggestions or observations regarding cloning while using organics and high brix. I know it should be easy and in the past I've had no problems but have been a miserable failure at my recent attempts?????

Plants are looking awesome as always and I'll be incredibly happy if mine can get even a fraction that HOT!!!!!

:bravo:

Hi Doc
:ciao:
I've been working on getting everything in place to start to go high brix and wanted to run my plan past you if you don't mind???

I have 4 plants that are a couple of weeks old and intend to keep them as mothers. To date I've been using fox farm products to feed them. Watered them today with the nutes and added a larvicide called Gnatrol to get rid of some fungus gnats. Gnatrol is OMRI listed but I still don't like to use it and rarely do but figured it was better to do so before high brix than after. I should have all of my needed supplies this weekend and plan to start by top dressing with the rock powders and the tea. In a couple of weeks when I up-pot them they will go into full high brix soil mix with 1/3 strength OC+ to supplement. I'm going lite on the OC+ because I have some heat issues. I still have fox farm nutes that I can use if needed because I use fairly small pots and not sure how well high brix is going to work in them. From that point forward I'm hoping to keep them as organic and high brix as possible....but again the smaller pots might cause issues???

Any comments and/or suggestions would be appreciated...

:thanks:

I would also welcome any suggestions or observations regarding cloning while using organics and high brix. I know it should be easy and in the past I've had no problems but have been a miserable failure at my recent attempts?????

Plants are looking awesome as always and I'll be incredibly happy if mine can get even a fraction that HOT!!!!!

:bravo:

I think you're on the right track. Avoid Tiger Bloom and try to use Big Bloom (the organic FF) as much as you can. Just mineralizing the soil alone is a huge leap forward.

What kind of tea are you using?

What kind of tea are you using

I'll be using the Nature's Own Tea....

Thanks for the heads up on the Tiger Bloom...I also have the solubles Open Sesame, etc.

I'll be implementing the program in my indoor and outdoor gardens.
Can't wait to taste the tomatoes!!!!!

If only I could grow things for a living I would be a happy happy girl :peace:

I'll be using the Nature's Own Tea....

Thanks for the heads up on the Tiger Bloom...I also have the solubles Open Sesame, etc.

I'll be implementing the program in my indoor and outdoor gardens.
Can't wait to taste the tomatoes!!!!!

If only I could grow things for a living I would be a happy happy girl :peace:

I would like nothing more than to grow for a living. Perhaps someday.....

The FF solubles will destroy your microherd. Don't use 'em!

Stick with the rock powders, the azomite, and the big bloom. You should be fine.

I've been reading where the peat moss is almost identical to the alaskan humus everyone raves about and it works really good with the microbal teas........thanks for the quick answer

theres a guy named microbeman on another site that does extensive work with teas and etc, he checks the teas with a microscope and makes dvd s of his finding as far as the microbes, and other life forms after the teas are made. very interesting findings.

Hey Doc,

First Post. I'd like to let you know it takes a few hours to catch up on all the readings and grows. But its a labor of love and I chuckle every time I tell my girlfriend I'm reading. Anyway, you sir are a pioneer, and I'd like to thank you for being so unselfish with what you've learned along the way. I plan on using some of your techniques to try to get high brix results on my 2nd grow. My first grow is flowering now and looking forward I feel good about how consistent I can keep my grow room environment. So much so I am confident in expanding a little, but I could use your feedback on a few things.

Overall my next grow will be:

1000 & 400 watt HPS / 750 MH = More than enough for my space

5 Gallon pots = Mix bottom 1/2 with FFOF & soft rock powders and brewed. Top 1/2 straight FFOF or Vermisoil if I can find it locally.

Per Bag of Soil:
1 cup lime stone.
3/4 cups soft rock phosphate
1/2 cup gypsum.
1/2 cup humus

Stump Tea Aerated Compost Tea / Mayan Microzyme Tea, local hydro store carries these.
Hopefully this will make a decent microherd.

OC+ = Using this in addition to Compost teas, I am going to try a 50% dosage. I hope this won't impact the microbes, but I would like to incorporate it.

Will this setup "do" on its own or are the guano, meals, azomite, greensand, etc critical components? I'm gearing up to cook my soil and would rather have my script right.

Finally, I want to know if anyone has advice on pets in a growroom. My cat, well groomed and mannered loves hanging out in the room, especially under the lights. I'm always kicking him out but he'll run right up if he hears me working in there. So I wondered if I could use him for CO2 enrichment. Now, can a 20lb cat add enough CO2 to help? If so, he might have to sacrifice in there every once in a while.

So ya, I appreciate any feedback and thanks again for all the hard work Doc!! :goodjob:

Hey Doc,

First Post. I'd like to let you know it takes a few hours to catch up on all the readings and grows. But its a labor of love and I chuckle every time I tell my girlfriend I'm reading. Anyway, you sir are a pioneer, and I'd like to thank you for being so unselfish with what you've learned along the way. I plan on using some of your techniques to try to get high brix results on my 2nd grow. My first grow is flowering now and looking forward I feel good about how consistent I can keep my grow room environment. So much so I am confident in expanding a little, but I could use your feedback on a few things.

Overall my next grow will be:

1000 & 400 watt HPS / 750 MH = More than enough for my space

5 Gallon pots = Mix bottom 1/2 with FFOF & soft rock powders and brewed. Top 1/2 straight FFOF or Vermisoil if I can find it locally.

Per Bag of Soil:
1 cup lime stone.
3/4 cups soft rock phosphate
1/2 cup gypsum.
1/2 cup humus

Stump Tea Aerated Compost Tea / Mayan Microzyme Tea, local hydro store carries these.
Hopefully this will make a decent microherd.

OC+ = Using this in addition to Compost teas, I am going to try a 50% dosage. I hope this won't impact the microbes, but I would like to incorporate it.

Will this setup "do" on its own or are the guano, meals, azomite, greensand, etc critical components? I'm gearing up to cook my soil and would rather have my script right.

Finally, I want to know if anyone has advice on pets in a growroom. My cat, well groomed and mannered loves hanging out in the room, especially under the lights. I'm always kicking him out but he'll run right up if he hears me working in there. So I wondered if I could use him for CO2 enrichment. Now, can a 20lb cat add enough CO2 to help? If so, he might have to sacrifice in there every once in a while.

So ya, I appreciate any feedback and thanks again for all the hard work Doc!! :goodjob:

Lookin' good.....yep....yep....lookin good......Ah!

Please include Azomite in your soil when you cook it. 1/2 to 1 cup should do the trick.
Also, add much more than 1/2 cup humus. 40% humus is a good place to be, so I'd add half a bag!

Now, I'm not quite sure if I'm with you on the teas, but do NOT include OC+ in the tea brewing! Also, do not cook the soil with OC+ in it. If you desire to use OC+ (and I think it's a good idea) add it at the time of planting/transplanting.

You might consider getting some kelp meal and feed with that a couple times. Ditto some hydrolyzed fish. You won't need much, but it does help.

I think you're off to a good start and a big :bravo: on getting the environment dialed it with plenty of light. You'll be very surprised how well you do!

3/4 cup Azomite, check
Half a bag of humus, check
Kelp meal and Hydrolyzed fish every few feedings, check

BTW, I am going to use the OC+ as a top dressing, not in the brew.

Thanks so much for the fast advice. I truly feel as if I will be growing some of the highest quality bud, and I am grateful.

3/4 cup Azomite, check
Half a bag of humus, check
Kelp meal and Hydrolyzed fish every few feedings, check

BTW, I am going to use the OC+ as a top dressing, not in the brew.

Thanks so much for the fast advice. I truly feel as if I will be growing some of the highest quality bud, and I am grateful.

From what you're saying, you should come up with some amazing product!

By far, the most important thing is the environment.
Next is mineralized soil and microbial action.

If you give the microbes enough to eat, you really can't screw up!

Back
Top Bottom