All Organic High Brix

nice results man, I'm sure with your new approach you can get that fully dialed in.. what size sample do you have to send to get tested? and I assume its testing the soil for cannabis specifically, so how would one go about getting their soil tested if they live in a non-legal state?

The soil test is NOT for Cannabis specifically. Cannabis doesn't need anything specific! It's a very adaptable and hardy plant.

The soil testing lets me know if my soil is going to produce the highest brix....and my super soil won't. The sample size is about 1/2 cup. Total cost was 60 bucks.

I diluted the supersoil with 2 parts Vermicrop and am putting that mix in the bottom of the pots, with a bit of limestone. The top half will be Vermicrop and/or FFOF.

I'll be mineralizing, feedin organic ferts and hyperactive microbes......so unamended base soil is A-OK for this method of growing.....provided you activate the soil in advance.

We'll see how this goes.....I think I'll take some pics today.

Good! I'm doing my job then.....

When this plant is no longer the target of arbitrary prohibition, you're gonna have to be one sharp dude to grow decent weed. The bar is going to raised.....legalization does that.

Think bathtub gin....

Haha good point, gin probably tasted like napalm during prohibition. I can only imagine the innovations in the marijuana market if and when it gets legalized.

look at the industry already, now a lot of dispensaries and breeders are testing the various amounts of THC and CBD in their product, which is leaps above where we were 10 years ago.

good things will be coming for sure

Thanks for the info sounds like it the way forward and the results speak for themselves. Hydro stores are a bit rare out here I get most my stuff from Internet if u know of any. Is there any way I can use it without putting into soil as I have already started by next grow and won't be repotting anymore. Will use it as instructed with the outdoors when I start them.

Thanks again
Smooth

Thanks for the info sounds like it the way forward and the results speak for themselves. Hydro stores are a bit rare out here I get most my stuff from Internet if u know of any. Is there any way I can use it without putting into soil as I have already started by next grow and won't be repotting anymore. Will use it as instructed with the outdoors when I start them.

Thanks again
Smooth

OC+ works very well as a top dressing. No problem there.

look at the industry already, now a lot of dispensaries and breeders are testing the various amounts of THC and CBD in their product, which is leaps above where we were 10 years ago.

good things will be coming for sure

Yep. However, I see things moving in a direction away from potency, towards taste and 'effect.'

Some weed with 12% THC feels much better and is much more enjoyable that weed with 22%. On the other hand, various means of testing can tell if a certain strain is grown well, or not.

Just like during prohibition, people are producing potent crap, selling it for far more than it is worth, and breeders are breeding for raw power first, yield second, quality last.

Imagine walking down the Scotch section in BevMo.....you look at the labels and the prices and you see this label:

"Get wasted faster! Our Scotch has 15% more alcohol than our nearest competitor!" Would buy that, or would you simply pour 15% more of a great tasting single malt into the tumbler?

Now, keep walking down the wine aisle........

Here's a good label: " Red Wine, 22% alcohol! Drink less, get more drunk!" Hmmmmm.....a really good wine? I'd prefer to look for a 2006 Cab with grapes sourced from a really good dry farmed vinyard. This type of wine will have 14% alcohol......

If we ever get to live in a free country, we'll be able to buy weed that is grown with a much more "adult" mindset behind the breeding. I'd rather sit around after dinner (or before AND after) and smoke a whole joint to myself of delicious, aromatic, weed.....not cough up a lung after a massive bong hit on some hydro-grown, ultra potent expansive crap.

Don't even get me started on pesticides......

well said doc, can't argue any of those points.

Here's a good label: " Red Wine, 22% alcohol! Drink less, get more drunk!" Hmmmmm.....a really good wine? I'd prefer to look for a 2006 Cab with grapes sourced from a really good dry farmed vinyard. This type of wine will have 14% alcohol......
'06 Cab from a good vineyard in California FTW!!! I totally agree with this mindset. Cannabis should be good, not just potent. I'm tired of the "extreme high potency, will blow you away" stuff. I want the good feel, taste, smell, and enjoyment without the hangover. Yes I'm talking about the weed hangover!

First, a bit on brewing tea.

I'm using a product called, "Nature's Own." It's a commercial quality microbial tea that is balanced in both bacteria and fungi. Here's what I do:

1.)Put 1/4 cup of tea starter in 5 gallon bucket
IMG_23311.JPG

2.)Add 1 gallon of water
IMG_23321.JPG

3.)This is what foam should look like in a tea after about 20 hours. No smell at all. The microbes are going crazy and they want to get into the soil and start cracking rocks.
IMG_23245.JPG

After 24 hours of brewing, I add 1/4 cup Yucca extract and 2 cups of Biominerals fertilizer. This product has all the High Brix minerals in the right proportions and a commercial organic fert that is also charged with beneficials. It gets mixed right into the now 2 gallons of tea.

These 2 gallons of tea will make 11 gallons of feed water with a bit left over for foliar spraying.

Here's how I'm using it on the Lemon Paki's. These clones were at death's door 2 weeks ago. Not a single good leaf on the bunch. I'm going to put them into bloom tomorrow. But, I soak each pot in the tea solution until it is 100% saturated, then I take them out and let them drain into the soil from the last grow, which I am going to start recycling. I'll add humus to it and that's about it. There should be plenty of minerals and bennie's in the soil....just got to keep the structure up.

IMG_23223.JPG

IMG_23264.JPG

IMG_23273.JPG

IMG_23283.JPG

IMG_23293.JPG

IMG_23301.JPG

Here's where the Lemon Paki's will end up. The lower half of the pot is 2 parts Vermisoil (unamended) and 1 part SuperSoil. (my recipe) You can see the rock powders on top. After taking the picture, I saturated the pot and made mud, got in there with my hands and mixed all the rock powders into the dirt. That soil is teeming with microbes now. When I transplant, I'll dust the root ball with a mycohrryzal inoculation. This makes up the lower half of the container. The upper half is just straight potting soil

IMG_23254.JPG

Here's the babies:
IMG_23173.JPG

IMG_23214.JPG

Here's what I'm harvesting tomorrow.
IMG_23195.JPG

IMG_23182.JPG

If this grow is successful, I'm going to plug a gardening "kit" that can be bought very inexpensively that has everything I'm using.

......gonna blow the guys mind when all these Cali growers start ordering his kit....he's all about vegetables....not much of an herb farmer. But he assured me that his products would produce high quality MJ.

'06 Cab from a good vineyard in California FTW!!! I totally agree with this mindset. Cannabis should be good, not just potent. I'm tired of the "extreme high potency, will blow you away" stuff. I want the good feel, taste, smell, and enjoyment without the hangover. Yes I'm talking about the weed hangover!

Exactly!

My friends are mostly over 40, many over 50. We are all high functioning professionals, doctors, lawyers, teachers, business folks and a musician or two. Most are athletic.

We like to smoke weed because we unwind, smile, talk, laugh.....and it usually makes our wives really horney. (sex in marriage? Must be the cursed weed that causes that......lock 'em up!)

The last thing we want to do is go to a party and sit on the couch drooling! We want to pass a very delicious joint, and we want a warm Sativa buzz or better yet, we want to get high. We like to stand around the kitchen eating, going on hikes, etc. We want to be in full command of our minds and bodies, even if we're a little "relaxed." Maybe switch to Indica right before bed.....

So, I'd rather smoke something delicious and happy. If it doesn't make me forget my phone number after one hit....no big deal. I can always roll a half dozen joints and bring them to the party.

Is this medical use? Yep. It's pretty much what folks hope SSRI's and drugs like Cymbalta will do for them....elevate their mood, make them happy and talkative. MJ just does it so much better!!!

But coughing up a lung and displaying symptoms of recent head trauma aren't gonna cut it, for me.

I'll take elegant, exotic and delicious over devastatingly potent but nasty any day.

Now....occassionally you run into a devastatingly potent AND delicious weed.....:thumb: That's kinda what I'm growing here.

its gonna take you 15 seconds to trim that cola lol

looks really tasty man, something you don't ever want to stop smoking.

I'm getting ready to mix up my soil mix, I finally got all the rock powders I need.. I'm just wondering how far your EWC generally goes? I have 10lbs right now, and need to use 16cups in my total mix. I'm hoping its enough to leave me with some left over for teas. I can always get more, but am just curious how far it usually goes.

looks really tasty man, something you don't ever want to stop smoking.

I'm getting ready to mix up my soil mix, I finally got all the rock powders I need.. I'm just wondering how far your EWC generally goes? I have 10lbs right now, and need to use 16cups in my total mix. I'm hoping its enough to leave me with some left over for teas. I can always get more, but am just curious how far it usually goes.

I think you'll have enough for 16 cups, but not much for tea.

I'm seeing some really good things happening right now. The system is starting to kick in!

I think you'll have enough for 16 cups, but not much for tea.

I'm seeing some really good things happening right now. The system is starting to kick in!

I'll have to just spring for the 40lb bag, turns out to be $1/lb rather than $1.80/lb

For your teas, do you run an air pump through it while it's brewing? If so, what size?

You're like my mentor with this microbe growing hobby :bravo:

I'll have to just spring for the 40lb bag, turns out to be $1/lb rather than $1.80/lb

For your teas, do you run an air pump through it while it's brewing? If so, what size?

You're like my mentor with this microbe growing hobby :bravo:

Yes, I run an air pump with 2 airstones and an air ring. You want lots of fine bubbles in the tea. The tea should be odorless and have a froth not unlike steamed milk in texture.

I've brewed a lot of teas different ways, but this "Nature's Own" is the best so far. It's tea on steroids and it's easy to brew.

Back
Top Bottom