All Organic High Brix

Well, it's all organic except for one of the foliar sprays.....which doesn't have the OMRI label. The reason is simply because it hasn't been submitted for OMRI certification.....but there's nothing evil in it. Everything else is all organic, OMRI certified.

Strains:

Blue Dream
Jack Herer x New Zealand Purple Kush
Lemon Paki

Soil:

Lower half of containers will be half Vermisoil mixed with an equal part of my supersoil mix. (blood, bone, guano, EWC etc.) This mix will also have the following rock powders added: 6 parts limestone/5 parts Soft Rock Phosphate/3 parts gypsum.

Upper half will be straight Vermisoil.

Nutes:

1.)every feeding will include aerated microbial tea
2.)Micronutrients (Planter's II trace minerals)
3.)Finely ground rock powders (Soft Rock Phos, Limestone, gypsum)
4.)Organic fertlizer

Total NPK comes to 2.5-4-.2 By far, the most abundant thing in the feed mix is calcium.

pH: ? Who cares? I'm not going to check it.

The Blue Dream and Purple Jack will germinate under 12/12 lighting and will be topped. Topping postpones bloom a bit, thus increasing veg time, even though I'm still on a 12 hour photoperiod. I do this all the time.

The Lemon Paki's were sickly clones, (aren't they all?) but I've got them back healthy. I topped them last night and will attempt to clone the tops. I'll have a mother plant of Lemon Paki, so hopefully my clones will by a bit better than some others.

We'll see how this works! Pics soon.....but there's not much to see right now....just a bunch of dirt and some small plants.

Re: Doc Bud: All Organic* High Brix

Nice Doc, Im in for the ride,

Clones are tough for me. Just ruined 8 out of 9, in a prop tray. Going to try my homemade cloner next.

Nice Doc, Im in for the ride,

Clones are tough for me. Just ruined 8 out of 9, in a prop tray. Going to try my homemade cloner next.

I think people make cloning harder than it needs to be. I don't do much of it, but my success rate is pretty good.

I use rapid rooters in their tray with their humidity dome.

cut em, dip em in clonex, stick em into the cubes, put the top on.....put the lights way up high....and leave em alone.

A few random pics while we wait for the seeds to sprout etc.........

Before the pics, let me say that I am very excited about this new adaptation to High Brix gardening! So far, the sickly Lemon Paki clones have recovered rapidly and are on their way to being very healthy plants.

Seed Germination data:

1 gallon pots with FFOF, amended with 1/4 cup rock powders; Limestone/Soft Rock Phosphate/Gypsum in a 6-5-3 ratio.

This mix was drenched with the microbe tea mix described below and allowed to sit in the pot for a week. Then, I lightly watered and made a small divit for the seeds. Before dropping the seed in using chopsticks, I put a small amount of a root mycorhyzal inoculate called BioVam.

They are watered with microbial tea, micronutes and rockpowders, along with an organic fertilizer and Yucca extract.

When watered, they are foliar fed with the same mix as above, diluted 9 to 1. Later on, I'll switch up the foliar program a bit.

If and when we get to the point where they need watering more than once a week, I'll water with straight RO.

I sampled the OG tonight.....not quite ready to come off the wire and into a turky bag. It burned smooth to a dark grey ash. The flavor was fuel-like and a bit sweet......classic OG taste but a bit sweeter and more refined. This will change over the next two weeks of course. It's damn strong and potent, just like it should be.

IMG_23105.JPG

IMG_23144.JPG

IMG_23076.JPG

IMG_23066.JPG

IMG_23059.JPG

IMG_23046.JPG

IMG_23035.JPG

I think people make cloning harder than it needs to be. I don't do much of it, but my success rate is pretty good.

I use rapid rooters in their tray with their humidity dome.

cut em, dip em in clonex, stick em into the cubes, put the top on.....put the lights way up high....and leave em alone.

awesome pics, i bet they stink, og kush stinks, lookin good. whats your guess gr/watt

rapid rooter huh? just RO water and clonex? I really suck at cloning. do u use a heat mat?

btw my soil will be ready in 2 weeks! hopefully ill have something to place in them.

High Brix Student

Hey doc sounds like another golden grow. subbed! When you say 6 parts limestone/5 parts Soft Rock Phosphate/3 parts gypsum. where can one find limestone and what kind. dolomite?

Hey doc sounds like another golden grow. subbed! When you say 6 parts limestone/5 parts Soft Rock Phosphate/3 parts gypsum. where can one find limestone and what kind. dolomite?

Good question bro.....

Definitely NOT dolomite. Do not use dolomite!!!!!

When I say limestone, I mean high calcium limestone, CaC03.....calcium carbonate. Do not get hydrated lime, or dolomite lime. (hydrated lime is sometimes called S-lime at the hardware store....don't use this)

You can get limestone in many places. Espsoma sells small packages for pretty cheap. Home De Pot has large bags for very cheap.....just make sure it's high calcium lime, CaCO3.....more than 90%.

Do not fall into the NPK mode of thinking:

Oh.....if I add all that calcium I'm going to be short on magnesium, get "lock-out" etc. right???

No!! We're not feeding the plant, we're creating mineralized, high energy, ionic soil crawling with microbes. Calcium is the most important mineral in all living things, especially when it comes to growing plants, followed by phosphorus. We want a calcium/magnesium ratio of 10 to 1. Adding dolomite will screw this up.

I don't know if you followed my OG Kush grow that closely, but I commented early on about how much magnesium the plants used. I was fighting a mild deficiency in mid flower....added epsom salt, helped a little.

Then, I went ahead and pulled the trigger with these rock powders and top dressed the OG's with 1/2 cup of the mix described above......

2 notable things happened within a week.

1.)gnats left. gnats I didn't really know I had. They left and died.
2.)the magnesium deficiency resolved, the leaves got dark green, buds swelled, trichomes formed and stench got stronger and more exotic.

The plants screamed, "more magnesium!!!" but the soil couldn't deliver because of the mineral balance. I added massive amounts of calcium and THEN the plants got their magnesium.....because the soil residents were finally happy.

BTW, none of this will work without the microbes. Don't attempt this unless you've got a ready source of high quality aerobic tea.

That last grow looks amazing! Definitely subbed for this one! Love the real, full on clean green!

Thanks bro! I can easily qualify for a "Clean Green" certification.....but I don't want to pay 2000 bucks for a guy to drive out and check things.

Stay tuned and you'll get to see me succeed or fail at this. I've grown the Blue Dream and the Lemon Paki before, so I'll have a good way of measuring outcome on this one. I even have plenty of old pics on this website I can dredge up to illustrate the difference.

Should be interesting! If it works, I'll be very happy about my level of expertise in growing the best of plants.

If it doesn't work.....well......I won't give up, that's for sure.

Wait, Isn't "Clean Green"' non-certified organic? May have mix up terms, i knew for testing organic is $2000, so much for what it is, unless you are going commercial.

Your expertise seems to be on an expert level! I hope to pick up some bits an pieces from yah! :tokin:

There is an outfit here in CA that is "certifying" medical growers who meet certain criteria, IE all organic, legal power supply, mold/pest free, environmentally sound practices. You pay them 2000 bucks and they come out and inspect and issue your certificate.

It means nothing, really.....but you can boast you're "clean green" if you pay the money and grow a certain way.

They also have what is called, "Best Practice" certification, which allows for judicious use of some chemical and/or non-OMRI products.

And I agree....for small time ops like mine, where I legally grow for a small closed loop of people, it makes no sense to spend all that money.

Hey Doc I'm pulling up a chair.

Question while we wait for the seeds to sprout....

My friend wants to use distilled water especially in our Stump Tea mix, but it can get expensive. He buys it by the 5 gl jug for his normal drinking water.

Would it be cheaper to buy a RO system, and can he drink that water and save from buying the 5 gl he does now?

Any advantages to catching some rain water? Used to be heavy acid rain around here, but they say that's gotten a lot better.

:popcorn:

Hi Doc -

Even though I'm more of a hydro guy, I love following your grows, and am especially interested in the high brix concept. Your OG flowers sure do look tasty. :yummy:

Hey Doc I'm pulling up a chair.

Question while we wait for the seeds to sprout....

My friend wants to use distilled water especially in our Stump Tea mix, but it can get expensive. He buys it by the 5 gl jug for his normal drinking water.

Would it be cheaper to buy a RO system, and can he drink that water and save from buying the 5 gl he does now?

Any advantages to catching some rain water? Used to be heavy acid rain around here, but they say that's gotten a lot better.

I really like having RO water. I'd like it if I could catch a bunch of rainwater, but I only have that possibility in the greenhouse right now. A decent RO system for a small grow is probably about 150 bucks.

:popcorn:

Hi Doc -

Even though I'm more of a hydro guy, I love following your grows, and am especially interested in the high brix concept. Your OG flowers sure do look tasty. :yummy:

Thanks bro! I have great respect for hydro done right. I've got a friend who grows some exquisite flowers in hydro....just unbelievable.

subbed up for this one

Doc you consistently produce the nicest looking buds, bravo sir... subbed for this one as well! Take care.

Good I was able to catch this one in the beginning. Subbed!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom