All Organic High Brix

Wow Doc your plants look amazing, they are gleaming with resin! I have a quick question if you don't mind, I have what I think is a deficiency on my LA Con but I'm not sure what kind. If you have any ideas on what kind of deficiency or possible solutions it would be really helpful, thanks a bunch. It has several leaves that look like the picture, the only things I could think if it is not a deficiency is I've given it two EWC foliars along with a few doses of azatrol the last few weeks but I made sure to put them in a shaded spot until the leaves were dry to avoid any possible burns associated with spraying the leaves.

2012-05-16_09_35_55.jpg

Wow Doc your plants look amazing, they are gleaming with resin! I have a quick question if you don't mind, I have what I think is a deficiency on my LA Con but I'm not sure what kind. If you have any ideas on what kind of deficiency or possible solutions it would be really helpful, thanks a bunch. It has several leaves that look like the picture, the only things I could think if it is not a deficiency is I've given it two EWC foliars along with a few doses of azatrol the last few weeks but I made sure to put them in a shaded spot until the leaves were dry to avoid any possible burns associated with spraying the leaves.

2012-05-16_09_35_55.jpg

It looks like too much light to me! Looks like some bleaching. LED guys get this a lot till they figure out how high to put their lights, and I've gotten this on some of the topmost leaves before.

That's what it looks like to me.

Doc bud Your advice is great!
Azomite that's what I was for getting.

As for the soil it was for the outside garden and I received results via email.
But if you would like the results I would happily write a long message if the time would help you.

Here is the setup for the the indoor

good quality light mix potting soil with perlite.
blood ,bone ,fish meal
Planter II traces
Garden lime
Epsom salts
Gypsum
Liquid humus

All cooked in nature own microbe tea, potted on 3l pots with 1/3 hot mix and 2/3 plain. Top dressed with bio forte, planter II and bio vam.

Drench weekly with microbes in veg.

6L pots for flower with 2/3 hot mix alternating feed with kelp and microbes

Currently sourcing
High cal lime
And kelp meal

Sorry havnt got measurements with me right now.

Hope you can tell me what I'm am missing if I am as I learnt it all from you

Smooth

you can open the email, copy and paste the text into paint, edit out personal info, save as a jpg file, upload and post.

I am working from a I phone currently as access to the Internet is hard currently
And I'm useless with computers so thanks I will do that as soon as I can if doc doesn't want them soon

hey doc, got a ? for ya. ive been aerating my nutrient mixture for 24 hrs before feeding my girls and was wondering if i should be adding the mychorrizae while it is being aerated or right before i water the girls? im just trying to make sure that my plants are getting all the nutes i mix up and was thinking that adding them while it aerates would deplete some of the available nutes. i also supplement with molasses and know the beneficials love it.

thanks for the help in advance
and thanks for all the insight on the High Brix.

:peace:

hey doc, got a ? for ya. ive been aerating my nutrient mixture for 24 hrs before feeding my girls and was wondering if i should be adding the mychorrizae while it is being aerated or right before i water the girls? im just trying to make sure that my plants are getting all the nutes i mix up and was thinking that adding them while it aerates would deplete some of the available nutes. i also supplement with molasses and know the beneficials love it.

thanks for the help in advance
and thanks for all the insight on the High Brix.

:peace:

Not enough info bro.

Are you brewing a microbial tea? Are you just aerating a salt solution? I'd love to help you out, but I'm not sure what you're doing, so I can't really give a good answer.

-----------------------------------------------

OK, truth be told, I'm embarrassed by these plants. I would have culled them after the accident, but I wanted to see how they did with the high brix, etc. Anyways, the product will be pretty good, although not really up to my standards. So, here they are:

IMG_27492.jpg

IMG_27382.jpg

IMG_27391.jpg

IMG_27401.jpg

IMG_27422.jpg

IMG_27431.jpg

IMG_27451.jpg

IMG_27461.jpg

IMG_27472.jpg

IMG_27482.jpg

The next grow will be better. I promise!

Doc, I apologize...I'm sure you went over it before, but now that I'm looking at the most recent pics, can you go over again what strain(s) these are, and what you're not happy about?

They may not be up to your standards, but they still look pretty damn good for plants you normally would have culled!

:Namaste:

Here is the setup for the the indoor

good quality light mix potting soil with perlite.
blood ,bone ,fish meal
Planter II traces
Garden lime
Epsom salts
Gypsum
Liquid humus

All cooked in nature own microbe tea, potted on 3l pots with 1/3 hot mix and 2/3 plain. Top dressed with bio forte, planter II and bio vam.

Drench weekly with microbes in veg.

6L pots for flower with 2/3 hot mix alternating feed with kelp and microbes

Currently sourcing
High cal lime
And kelp meal

Sorry havnt got measurements with me right now.

Hope you can tell me what I'm am missing if I am as I learnt it all from you

I think you're looking real good! the only thing you're missing are the foliar sprays, Amaze, Bloomit and PGR. I've got Amaze dialed in, but still working on PGR and Bloomit.

Doc, I apologize...I'm sure you went over it before, but now that I'm looking at the most recent pics, can you go over again what strain(s) these are, and what you're not happy about?

They may not be up to your standards, but they still look pretty damn good for plants you normally would have culled!

:Namaste:

The first one is Lemon Thai, and it's the best of the bunch at this time, but still a bit ragged.
The purple one and the one with the nicest leaves are two pheno's of Purple Jack Herer. The large one smells exactly like Jack, the purple one a bit different. It didn't grow right, due to to topping too late in bloom, but it looks dank and smells really good.

The others are Blue Dream.

They're OK....but I'm not proud of them. They aren't mindblowing, incredible and unusual....just decent weed. It happens to all of us!

Now that I'm learning more, I don't think I'll repeat the error. There's very little dirt left on the 3 gallon pots....I popped out a root ball the other day.....could have set it on the bedspread. Just roots, no dirt. Not good.

The first one is Lemon Thai, and it's the best of the bunch at this time, but still a bit ragged.
The purple one and the one with the nicest leaves are two pheno's of Purple Jack Herer. The large one smells exactly like Jack, the purple one a bit different. It didn't grow right, due to to topping too late in bloom, but it looks dank and smells really good.

They're OK....but I'm not proud of them. They aren't mindblowing, incredible and unusual....just decent weed. It happens to all of us!

Now that I'm learning more, I don't think I'll repeat the error. There's very little dirt left on the 3 gallon pots....I popped out a root ball the other day.....could have set it on the bedspread. Just roots, no dirt. Not good.

Truly funny Doc as most of us would give an arm, child (well maybe not the child) to have plants like those - LOL
great work! As you stated before this was a learning run for you and for us for that matter. I will probably have the same issue with my 4 gal pots, but so far so good and I do have to feed my plants in the 4gal more than in my 8s thats for sure.

? for you. Have you by chance grown just Jack? I have 3 huge Jack's growing and I know they require a longer flower time, but I have no idea of what to except from the end product. Smell, taste, the high. If you could shed any light on it that would be great.

Thanks Doc and :peace:

Truly funny Doc as most of us would give an arm, child (well maybe not the child) to have plants like those - LOL
great work! As you stated before this was a learning run for you and for us for that matter. I will probably have the same issue with my 4 gal pots, but so far so good and I do have to feed my plants in the 4gal more than in my 8s thats for sure.

? for you. Have you by chance grown just Jack? I have 3 huge Jack's growing and I know they require a longer flower time, but I have no idea of what to except from the end product. Smell, taste, the high. If you could shed any light on it that would be great.

Thanks Doc and :peace:

Well, there are different versions of Jack out there. I've grown one cut 3 times now and each time it was a hit. About 9 weeks on the flower time. It's very fruity and strong smelling. Tastes like it smells and it has a very nice, upbeat Sativa fueled high. It's a great one for sure!

I think you're looking real good! the only thing you're missing are the foliar sprays, Amaze, Bloomit and PGR. I've got Amaze dialed in, but still working on PGR and Bloomit.

It all seems to be going ok the girls are all looking good as they are still in veg. Have got the bio organics coming of this month so it will be a good comparison between average organics to high brix organics.

As for the foliar sprays I have emailed ag labs countless times about them and had arranged postage but they jabbing replied with a price and carnt get a response. Seems strainge to me, maybe next time.

Thanks again
Smooth

Doc,

I have a root question for ya.

I harvested all 5 plants this week and was surprised that none of my pots, which are 4 and 5 gals square, were not very packed with big roots or even close to root bound.

Instead they were full of tiny thin hairy roots that were pretty evenly dispersed all over the pot, top to bottom. Very few larger roots around the bottom, but for the most part just the small web of roots.

The plants seemed to be healthy and turned out great, but just wondering why they got this way.

I am guessing they never had to search for water or nutes.

Any thoughts?

Doc,

I have a root question for ya.

I harvested all 5 plants this week and was surprised that none of my pots, which are 4 and 5 gals square, were not very packed with big roots or even close to root bound.

Instead they were full of tiny thin hairy roots that were pretty evenly dispersed all over the pot, top to bottom. Very few larger roots around the bottom, but for the most part just the small web of roots.

The plants seemed to be healthy and turned out great, but just wondering why they got this way.

I am guessing they never had to search for water or nutes.

Any thoughts?

Roots adapt to their environment quite a bit. For example, compare DWC roots to organic soil roots....very different! Those fine hairs are what we want. That's where the Mychoryzal stuff lives....that's where all the good things happen.

Congrats on not being root bound and having healthy roots! I wish that was the case for these ladies. But they're trying hard to finish!

Back
Top Bottom